Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

switched to eir, account not closed

Options
  • 18-01-2018 2:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭

Not only that I never received 50 euro cashback for signing up with Eir, now I have another problem.
    Eir never cancelled my account with previous provider and they continue to charge me. I emailed them to close my account and refund me charges and got reply:

''
    Thank you for contacting Vodafone at Home. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Kindly be advised that the service was not ported to another provider and is still active with Vodafone so any refunds needs to be discussed with your new provider for not porting the service and leaving it active with us.

Based on that I regret to inform you that the charges on the account are valid and you are liable for it.

Kindly note that your cancellation request has been passed to the Customer Options Team who will deal with it.

They will be in contact with you as soon as possible.''

I see lots of warnings from people not to go with Eir and I must agree that it was a mistake.. Instead of saving money, I ended up paying for 2 broadbands :D:D

Anyway I do not need any assistance yet, as I called your customer service and the assistant (Georga?) was very nice and is trying to sort this for me, with a callback tomorrow with an update.

Just a heads up to anyone who has recently switched.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

mkov wrote: »
    Not only that I never received 50 euro cashback for signing up with Eir, now I have another problem.
    Eir never cancelled my account with previous provider and they continue to charge me. I emailed them to close my account and refund me charges and got reply:

''
    Thank you for contacting Vodafone at Home. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your query.

Kindly be advised that the service was not ported to another provider and is still active with Vodafone so any refunds needs to be discussed with your new provider for not porting the service and leaving it active with us.

Based on that I regret to inform you that the charges on the account are valid and you are liable for it.

Kindly note that your cancellation request has been passed to the Customer Options Team who will deal with it.

They will be in contact with you as soon as possible.''

I see lots of warnings from people not to go with Eir and I must agree that it was a mistake.. Instead of saving money, I ended up paying for 2 broadbands :D:D

Anyway I do not need any assistance yet, as I called your customer service and the assistant (Georga?) was very nice and is trying to sort this for me, with a callback tomorrow with an update.

Just a heads up to anyone who has recently switched.
    Hi mkov,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

I wish you the best in getting this sorted, should you require any assistance do not hesitate to get back to me here.

Thanks

Tracey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭mkov

So I was told I will get call with an update, the person I spoke to said there was an error made by Eir with my switchover .. so I assumed they will try to sort this, do their best and call me as promised... of course no phone call.... and no 50 euro cashback either..

yet I am getting charged by Vodafone 45 euro on Monday ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

So I was told I will get call with an update, the person I spoke to said there was an error made by Eir with my switchover .. so I assumed they will try to sort this, do their best and call me as promised... of course no phone call.... and no 50 euro cashback either..

yet I am getting charged by Vodafone 45 euro on Monday ..
    I can see Thomas is responding to you through PM's. 

Thanks

Tracey 

I didn't not send any message to Thomas yet, and neither have I received any.

I am currently on hold for last 20 minutes to customer service 1901 but no luck with anyone picking up.

Can I send someone my account details to look into it?

Also I still haven't got 50 euro cashback I was promised. I'm quiet unhappy new customer here .. Will switch elsewhere in 12 months, the actual speed of broadband is great, but account maintenance is seriously awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

I didn't not send any message to Thomas yet, and neither have I received any.

I am currently on hold for last 20 minutes to customer service 1901 but no luck with anyone picking up.

Can I send someone my account details to look into it?

Also I still haven't got 50 euro cashback I was promised. I'm quiet unhappy new customer here .. Will switch elsewhere in 12 months, the actual speed of broadband is great, but account maintenance is seriously awful.
    Hi mkov,

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Advertisement

solved

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

solved
    I'm glad to hear this mkov. 

Thanks 

Tracey 

Advertisement