Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stores in Cork City

Options
  • 18-01-2018 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

Hi guys, I’m living up in the North but have a friend getting married just outside Cork.

Rather than giving him a present he might all ready have. I’m thinking of a gift token. The problem is I don’t know what major stores there are in Cork

I’d appreciate some names especially those with an online presence. I’m open to any of the big names stores

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,948 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Clothes, Home-wares?

Brown Thomas would be a good bet, maybe Debenhams
    You could go for a one4all voucher either, but personally I think a Brown Thomas one would be a nicer gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Harika

One4All covers most, but why not cash in an envelope? IMO best for them to cover the costs of the wedding.

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

Brown Tomas sounds a good idea. I appreciate there is not much difference between giving a token and giving but with a token they can see a bit of thought

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 17,034 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

When I got married, I genuinely appreciated cash more. It's so much easier. We, obviously, didn't request cash but if anyone asked, we did say that cash would be appreciated.

There are only so many vouchers that you can use. Most people, nowadays, have most of what they need by the time they get married and if they do need stuff they can use cash, if not, it's very handy for paying for the wedding.

To be honest, the only "thought" that goes into getting a voucher is "cash is vulgar, I'll get a voucher instead".

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭kah22

That’s a very good point

• Advertisement
Advertisement