Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Act Two Scene III - Adventures in the Desert

• 18-01-2018 9:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭

Bambois Mansion
    Flak goes around the room looking at the books and scrolls and various trinkets. He can't get at any however, there seems to be some sort of field over them.

When he climbs out the window he steps out, not into the Dwarves' city, but into a lush forest garden in the midday sun with a path leading out into a valley. From this vantage point it is clear that the world "ends" at the end of the valley. The moon currently sits there about the size of a house. Also they sky makes a blue mist where it touches the soil.

Back in the mansion Kal opens the northern door into another hall, but this one is pitch black.

Desert Village:
    The old woman smiles at Othegre.

"Stay where you want vampire, I understand your reasons. And, yes, this is good weather we're having, thanks to my protective spells. However I know something that could enhance my spells and help you, or at least bring you riches, interested?"

Zharrkazad council room:
    The council head paces in front of Moy.

"The main old road is almost certainly inhabited. In truth you would be doing a service, helping us by doing some reconnaissance of the old roads. We can supply you with four fighters and a local thief who believes some treasure of note is to be found down there. All you would need do is write a report at the end which we will collect in Zassan, for that is where the tunnel leads.....roughly speaking.

Is this acceptable?"

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Fourier wrote: »
    Bambois Mansion
    Flak goes around the room looking at the books and scrolls and various trinkets. He can't get at any however, there seems to be some sort of field over them.

When he climbs out the window he steps out, not into the Dwarves' city, but into a lush forest garden in the midday sun with a path leading out into a valley. From this vantage point it is clear that the world "ends" at the end of the valley. The moon currently sits there about the size of a house. Also they sky makes a blue mist where it touches the soil.

Back in the mansion Kal opens the northern door into another hall, but this one is pitch black.

I climb back in the window and search to find and talk to Kal.
    "Damn, it's dark in there. Take my lantern if you're going in.
    I think we may need to get creative here. Is there any way you can get the needle from the door trap? That might be useful getting past this old geezer. I'm going to find a comfortable place to rest and meditate for a while, the moon is up and I need to recharge then I'm going to play his game.
    Want some rations or wine?"

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Desert Village:
    The old woman smiles at Othegre.

"Stay where you want vampire, I understand your reasons. And, yes, this is good weather we're having, thanks to my protective spells. However I know something that could enhance my spells and help you, or at least bring you riches, interested?"

"This is your doing? Impressive. I mean, I'm not saying I couldn't do the same but... on this scale... impressive. I've been out in that storm, that's not natural - do you know what made it? Oh, sorry, my manners - Could you get my little Cling-on here a glass of water or something?"

She gently pushes Ash forward.

OOC : Crazy old lady old or dignified old lady or wearing a rats skull as a loin cloth old lady, somewhere in between? How many others roughly and what's the age profile, general vibe (peasants, emaciated old people, nothing but blonde hair blue eyed 9 year olds etc.etc.?)

"I mean what are we looking at here? Pure magic? Divine favour? Some sort of connection with the earth? Sacrificing wayward strangers. Defenseless wayward strangers? Is it portable? I have business... sorry Simon"
    (He makes himself known on her shoulder)
    "we have business in Zassan and as amazing a Sandscooter pilot as I am, I think I'd like to retire. I'm not sure that I have any use for (stop) riches so much but (stop!) tell me more about this hel-WILL YOU STOP! Oh, wait, no, you're right, no I can use riches. Tell me more!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

OldGoat wrote: »
    I climb back in the window and search to find and talk to Kal.
    "Damn, it's dark in there. Take my lantern if you're going in.
    I think we may need to get creative here. Is there any way you can get the needle from the door trap? That might be useful getting past this old geezer. I'm going to find a comfortable place to rest and meditate for a while, the moon is up and I need to recharge then I'm going to play his game.
    Want some rations or wine?"

'That would be much appreciated Flak, thank you.' Kal takes a swig of wine and nibbles on some rations. 'I'll head back to the door and see if I can get the needle for you while you sleep, I'll probably head back here with your lantern then and head down this passageway'

[OOC: what do I roll to try get the needle out of the trap?]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

OOC: A d100. The result needs to be less than your "remove traps" score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Zharrkazad council room:
    The council head paces in front of Moy.

"The main old road is almost certainly inhabited. In truth you would be doing a service, helping us by doing some reconnaissance of the old roads. We can supply you with four fighters and a local thief who believes some treasure of note is to be found down there. All you would need do is write a report at the end which we will collect in Zassan, for that is where the tunnel leads.....roughly speaking.

Is this acceptable?"

"Aye I figured there was a job in it, hows the thief in combat? I'm not babysitting a man so he can take all the loot from under my snout.

How far do ye reckon it is to Zassan?"

• Advertisement

OOC: A d100. The result needs to be less than your "remove traps" score.

[OOC: Ok so forget the needle. (rolled 90)]

Kal lights up the lantern and heads back to the dark coridoor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Mollyb60 wrote: »

"Shout loud if you need help"
    I sit against the door frame of the dark corridor and open my spellbook to study and meditate before trying to sleep.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

Borbois Mansion:

He comes to the end of the corridor, with doors to the East, South and North. He can hear growling behind the door to the East.

Desert Village:
    Banjo wrote: »
    "This is your doing? Impressive. I mean, I'm not saying I couldn't do the same but... on this scale... impressive. I've been out in that storm, that's not natural - do you know what made it? Oh, sorry, my manners - Could you get my little Cling-on here a glass of water or something?"

She gently pushes Ash forward.
    Ash stumbles forward and laughs.

"Water or human ale, all the same really.

The old woman answers. "No idea, been that way a long since I was a girl."
    OOC : Crazy old lady old or dignified old lady or wearing a rats skull as a loin cloth old lady, somewhere in between? How many others roughly and what's the age profile, general vibe (peasants, emaciated old people, nothing but blonde hair blue eyed 9 year olds etc.etc.?)
    Othegre looks about the inn. The old woman has the general appearance of kindly plump granny, but the eyes are young.

A few families are here, the villagers look a bit tired but not malnourished.
    "I mean what are we looking at here? Pure magic? Divine favour? Some sort of connection with the earth? Sacrificing wayward strangers. Defenseless wayward strangers? Is it portable? I have business... sorry Simon"
    (He makes himself known on her shoulder)
    "we have business in Zassan and as amazing a Sandscooter pilot as I am, I think I'd like to retire. I'm not sure that I have any use for (stop) riches so much but (stop!) tell me more about this hel-WILL YOU STOP! Oh, wait, no, you're right, no I can use riches. Tell me more!"
    She regards Othegre and looks at Simon who scurries away at the sight.

"An old Necromancer once lived here, my grandfather. He had a talisman I think can enhance my spells and he was loaded as all get out. Get the talisman from his old keep and you get the riches. Run off with both and I'll get in touch with somebody you don't want to meet."

ZharrKazad:
    "Aye I figured there was a job in it, hows the thief in combat? I'm not babysitting a man so he can take all the loot from under my snout.
    "He tends to survive by avoiding a fight, but you shouldn't need to protect him, he'll find his own way. And truth be told we'll be glad to be rid of him."
    How far do ye reckon it is to Zassan?"
    "Via the tunnel it is 170 miles."

• Advertisement

"An old Necromancer once lived here, my grandfather. He had a talisman I think can enhance my spells and he was loaded as all get out. Get the talisman from his old keep and you get the riches. Run off with both and I'll get in touch with somebody you don't want to meet."

"Lady, *everybody* is somebody I don't want to meet! Come to think of it, I think you're the first person I've met since my.... Unfortunate turn of events that hasn't tried to kill me on sight, and I'll be honest, that would scare me to death if I hadn't already been there and back. So, what can you tell me about this talisman and if you're so powerful that you can keep that storm at Bay, how come you need me?"

She glances after Simon then squints again at the woman. Not like him to be skittish. Dwayne is rock steady though - let's see how this pans out.

Ooc : Ash was asked to get into conversation with the locals, let me know if/how that pans out later if O gets a chance to catch up with her.

He comes to the end of the corridor, with doors to the East, South and North. He can hear growling behind the door to the East.

Kal decides to let Flak sleep a bit before tackling whatever is beyond the eastern door. He heads north.

Borbois Mansion:
    Kal decides to let Flak sleep a bit before tackling whatever is beyond the eastern door. He heads north.
    Kal enters a kitchen of decent size with eight little Brownie Faeries making soup. There are two stoves and a kitchen island with a fresh chocolate cake.

"Hello Sir!" says one as the rest dart off.

At the back of the kitchen is a set of stairs leading up a floor.

Desert Village:
    So, what can you tell me about this talisman and if you're so powerful that you can keep that storm at Bay, how come you need me?"
    "The place is laced with poison traps that have no effect on you. I might have magic, but better to send someone who cannot be touched by the majority of the defenses."

Desert Village:

"The place is laced with poison traps that have no effect on you. I might have magic, but better to send someone who cannot be touched by the majority of the defenses."

"Send a Neck Romancer to catch a necromancer. Eeeeeenteresting.

No?

You're old, granny, you're not dead! Laugh!

You're not dead are you? Are they? Sorry, just every place I've been since I left home has been a front for a death cult or a death cult or a cult of death - or worse! Dwarves! I'm not sure I even know what normal looks like anymore.

I dunno, I mean a dead girl falls out of the sky and you offer her a job instead of burning her - youre not telling me *something*. And if your grandad was a Necromancer, don't tell me your dad was a milkmaid. I wasn't reborn yesterday. It was at least a couple of weeks ago. I think.
    *Sigh*
    Let me check my calendar... No, sand sailing is cancelled cause my board is busted so I guess Im free for...oh....the rest of my life. Wait it says here that's only a day and a half... "

She squints at the old lady again before refurling the imaginary scroll.

"What about help? Am I expected to go alone?
    And how would we get there in this storm.
    And where is this keep?"

She looks around.

"Come to think of it, where is *this*?"

Desert Village:
    "Send a Neck Romancer to catch a necromancer."
    OOC: Best pun achievement unlocked.

The old woman bursts out laughing. Vampires in distant lands feel the pun deep in their blood.
    You're not dead are you? Are they? Sorry, just every place I've been since I left home has been a front for a death cult or a death cult or a cult of death - or worse! Dwarves! I'm not sure I even know what normal looks like anymore.
    "We're alive and human my boy, just protected from the storm. And I'm just the local herb collecting friendly kind of witch if you want to know."
    I dunno, I mean a dead girl falls out of the sky and you offer her a job instead of burning her - youre not telling me *something*. And if your grandad was a Necromancer, don't tell me your dad was a milkmaid. I wasn't reborn yesterday. It was at least a couple of weeks ago. I think.
    *Sigh*
    Let me check my calendar... No, sand sailing is cancelled cause my board is busted so I guess Im free for...oh....the rest of my life. Wait it says here that's only a day and a half... "
    "My father was an adventurer. He killed the necromancer and married his daughter. My mother had no magic, but I'm like gramps."

She squints at the old lady again before refurling the imaginary scroll.
    "What about help? Am I expected to go alone?
    And how would we get there in this storm.
    And where is this keep?"

She looks around.

"Come to think of it, where is *this*?"
    "It's called Byrwin. You're a few miles northeast of the dwarven city. The keep is on the edge of town."

"wait, you mean *my* keep? The one they gave me for fixing up kzaa..zkaaa..kzrr...fire Dwarf town and building all those...but wait if that happened then where's Hurum- " she shakes her head and growls.
    "Rrrrgh. Sorry. <Chaotic>many pies many fingers many fingers many pies</chaotic> . Ok ok. So how do I get there? Walk? In that? Wait, you mean it's on the edge of this town? So.... I own this town too...? And you're not bowing because....?"

Ooc : by the way, do I have to actively sense motives or is my 1 point an always-on social spideysense?

"....Aw Dwayne, I know you got my back. But thanks. OK, if you're going I'm going. What about you Simon? Simon...?

Ash? HEY GOGGLES! You wanna come visit a death-wizards poison pit of peril, or put the board back together?

What about you, Granny Danger? Fancy a walk on the wild side? Or maybe you have an apprentice that needs a little seasoning, or or... a local farmer who can swing a sword or pick a lock maybe? Or a moody teen with lank hair that's struggling with puberty and says things like "dark gift" who might be glad to top up your friendly neighbourhood Godslayer with a pint or two?
    Hey hey hey, I'm asking, I'm not demanding. I'm not a monst...well...ok, but on a relative scale I'm alright. Ish.

By the way, where is your Grandad buried. I might have a word with him before we go. Y'know, deadite to deadite."

OOC : I know, I post a lot of ****. Tl;DR : Any help on offer, and how sure is she the necromancer is dead?

ZharrKazad:

"He tends to survive by avoiding a fight, but you shouldn't need to protect him, he'll find his own way. And truth be told we'll be glad to be rid of him."

"Via the tunnel it is 170 miles."

"That's alright then, I'll do what I can to keep the dwarves alive anyways. 170 miles, that's about 3 days on foot, I'll need provisions and supplies, a tent, something for light, I don't have infravision you see, how deep are the pockets paying for this?"

Borbois Mansion:

Kal enters a kitchen of decent size with eight little Brownie Faeries making soup. There are two stoves and a kitchen island with a fresh chocolate cake.

"Hello Sir!" says one as the rest dart off.

At the back of the kitchen is a set of stairs leading up a floor.

'Well met sir, are you employed in this house? What sort of house is this anyway?'

Borbois Mansion:
    'Well met sir, are you employed in this house? What sort of house is this anyway?'
    "Well it's a noble house, our lord is very noble. He was a baron of the old king of this region, truly he was. And he was kind to the fae races, us brownies, faeries, even pixies! Bloody elves had to help the dwarves conquer this place and ruin everything. The Elves thought they were only helping their own, pfft they're not true fae like us. So our lord up and moved us to another plane.

Say, would you like some cake?"

• Advertisement

Zharrkazad:
    "That's alright then, I'll do what I can to keep the dwarves alive anyways. 170 miles, that's about 3 days on foot, I'll need provisions and supplies, a tent, something for light, I don't have infravision you see, how deep are the pockets paying for this?"
    "Deep enough, we want those tunnels mapped."

Moy is led down through the council building to a room in the basement with a large circular door opened into a huge cavern.

The fighters stand and salute when they see him. A dwarf smoking heavily on a pipe walks forward to greet him.

"Moy eh? Should be interesting. You ready for the old roads?"

Borbois Mansion:

"Well it's a noble house, our lord is very noble. He was a baron of the old king of this region, truly he was. And he was kind to the fae races, us brownies, faeries, even pixies! Bloody elves had to help the dwarves conquer this place and ruin everything. The Elves thought they were only helping their own, pfft they're not true fae like us. So our lord up and moved us to another plane.

Say, would you like some cake?"

'Who was the old king? Is your lord the fellow out in the room playing cards? He's asked my friend for a game. Any tips?

What sort of cake is it? It looks delicious but I've a peanut allergy so I have to be careful about what I'm eating.' [OOC: check the cake for traps - never thought I'd be saying that in my lifetime. got an 81. Nvm. These rolls will be the death of me!]

What about you, Granny Danger? Fancy a walk on the wild side? Or maybe you have an apprentice that needs a little seasoning, or or... a local farmer who can swing a sword or pick a lock maybe? Or a moody teen with lank hair that's struggling with puberty and says things like "dark gift" who might be glad to top up your friendly neighbourhood Godslayer with a pint or two?
    Hey hey hey, I'm asking, I'm not demanding. I'm not a monst...well...ok, but on a relative scale I'm alright. Ish.

By the way, where is your Grandad buried. I might have a word with him before we go. Y'know, deadite to deadite."
    "I won't go near the place. Granddad prophesied that his own grandchild would one day eclipse him in power and be good of heart. Hence why he locked my Mama up. Plenty of traps in that place specialised against relatives.

He is buried at the back of the keep. The grave is marked with the skull of his old troll guardian."

'Who was the old king? Is your lord the fellow out in the room playing cards? He's asked my friend for a game. Any tips?
    "The old king. He used to rule this area. Even Zassan was part of his kingdom at one time. Rough guy, bit of a warlord, but within his borders things were good. Made sure his people were happy.

The guy with the cards, he's our lord alright. My tip would be, don't play with him!"
    What sort of cake is it? It looks delicious but I've a peanut allergy so I have to be careful about what I'm eating.' [OOC: check the cake for traps - never thought I'd be saying that in my lifetime. got an 81. Nvm. These rolls will be the death of me!]
    "It's chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. And some brownie magic, to heighten the taste."

OOC: Of your special abilities I roll for "check for traps", just so you can't tell if "no traps" means you succeeded and found none or if you failed. Sorry if I didn't mention this.

Kal examines the cake closely and sees nothing suspicious to it.

"I won't go near the place. Granddad prophesied that his own grandchild would one day eclipse him in poor and be good of heart. Hence why he locked my Mama up. Plenty of traps in that place specialised against relatives.

He is buried at the back of the keep. The grave is marked with the skull of his old troll guardian."

"So... No help. No blood. No reassuring corpse.

Songsunder. Is there at least somewhere I can rest till sundown and maybe food for Goggles? Do we have to sing for our suppers too?"

Byrwin:
    "So... No help. No blood. No reassuring corpse.

Songsunder. Is there at least somewhere I can rest till sundown and maybe food for Goggles? Do we have to sing for our suppers too?"
    "I have blood girl relax and soup for the dwarf. Follow me."

She leads them to a hut on the edge of the town and heads in the door before popping back out.

"Oh sorry....I formally invite you in."

Byrwin:

"I have blood girl relax and soup for the dwarf. Follow me."

She leads them to a hut on the edge of the town and heads in the door before popping back out.

"Oh sorry....I formally invite you in."

"What's that Dwayne?.... Nah, nothing bads going to happen. It's just a doorway..... Oh, Simon told about that, did he? Yeah, ok there was that one time in Thurmonton but... ok ok and Clayton..... Well now you mention it, none. I can't think of a single one.... Of course there's a talisman.... But then what's the thing that's going to strengthen her spells?.... that's ridi-i mean it *is* ridiculous. Isn't it?"

She calls out for Simon who scurried off earlier.
    If he's back she'll ask him what spooked him before proceeding.

Well, she's invited. Othegre enters the hut, one hand on her flail.

Zharrkazad:

"Deep enough, we want those tunnels mapped."

Moy is led down through the council building to a room in the basement with a large circular door opened into a huge cavern.

The fighters stand and salute when they see him. A dwarf smoking heavily on a pipe walks forward to greet him.

"Moy eh? Should be interesting. You ready for the old roads?"

"Aye, good to go, what're your names lads? May Nír bless our journey."

I walk into the cavern and start off

OOC: Can I adlib buying flint and steel, a lantern and a few flasks of oil? Adlib for rp purposes

"The old king. He used to rule this area. Even Zassan was part of his kingdom at one time. Rough guy, bit of a warlord, but within his borders things were good. Made sure his people were happy.

The guy with the cards, he's our lord alright. My tip would be, don't play with him!"

"It's chocolate with a hint of cinnamon. And some brownie magic, to heighten the taste."

OOC: Of your special abilities I roll for "check for traps", just so you can't tell if "no traps" means you succeeded and found none or if you failed. Sorry if I didn't mention this.

Kal examines the cake closely and sees nothing suspicious to it.

Kal chuckles, 'thanks for the tip, I'll pass it on! I suppose I'll have a little slice so. I do love chocolate.'

• Advertisement

Kal chuckles, 'thanks for the tip, I'll pass it on! I suppose I'll have a little slice so. I do love chocolate.'
    The brownie cuts Kal a thick slice and hands it over. She then turns to the others:

"Come on with that soup, the master will be heading to bed soon."

OOC: Just to have one post today!

Borbois Mansion:

Kal takes a bite from the cake, but feels a bit woozy. He then sprouts tiny little wings.

The brownie's clap.

"Oh wonderful, better than we hoped, we were afraid of nasty side effects! Those wings are functioning fairy wings!

As a reward for trusting us, here is a little fairy spell we don't often share."

The brownie hands Kal a scroll that's a mix of arcane mathematics and cooking instructions.

Byrwin:
    Well, she's invited. Othegre enters the hut, one hand on her flail.
    Two men are on beds in the huts.

"Warriors from Zassan. Helped us against a lizardfolk attack." She points to a vile.

"That's the blood I leached from them, drink up."

She tosses some onion porridge in front of Ash.

"And you as well girl."

"you want to tell me first why you had to leech the blood in the first place?"
    She sniffs the vial.

Ooc : again, sense motive any good to me here?

"How are they going to feel if they wake up and find me here drinking their motion lotion?"

Borbois Mansion:

Kal takes a bite from the cake, but feels a bit woozy. He then sprouts tiny little wings.

The brownie's clap.

"Oh wonderful, better than we hoped, we were afraid of nasty side effects! Those wings are functioning fairy wings!

As a reward for trusting us, here is a little fairy spell we don't often share."

The brownie hands Kal a scroll that's a mix of arcane mathematics and cooking instructions.

'Oh eh, WOW! Thanks I guess! Do they work? Will they be able to hold a man such as myself? I'll take these insruuctions to my mage friend. He likes recipes.' Kal tries out the new wings by flapping in place.

Borbois Mansion:
    'Oh eh, WOW! Thanks I guess! Do they work? Will they be able to hold a man such as myself? I'll take these insruuctions to my mage friend. He likes recipes.' Kal tries out the new wings by flapping in place.
    Kal can fly handily enough with the wings, though slowly, only four feet every ten seconds.

"Want to try another cake sir?" the brownie's smile.

• Advertisement

Byrwin:
    "you want to tell me first why you had to leech the blood in the first place?"
    She sniffs the vial.

Ooc : again, sense motive any good to me here?

"How are they going to feel if they wake up and find me here drinking their motion lotion?"
    Othegre senses no evil intent from the woman.

"They were poisoned by scorpions, won't affect you. They're delirious so don't worry about their reaction."

Borbois Mansion:

Kal can fly handily enough with the wings, though slowly, only four feet every ten seconds.

"Want to try another cake sir?" the brownie's smile.

Kal shrugs 'sure why not?'

Borbois Mansion:
    Kal bursts out of his clothes and drops all his equipment, becoming a little red dragon, just slightly taller than a human.

The brownie's nod at each other. The head one speaks.

"Of course the drake scale, I think about half next time. Thanks you've been a real help."

They float off through the roof.

Borbois Mansion:
    Kal bursts out of his clothes and drops all his equipment, becoming a little red dragon, just slightly taller than a human.

The brownie's nod at each other. The head one speaks.

"Of course the drake scale, I think about half next time. Thanks you've been a real help."

They float off through the roof.

[OOC: This is awesome. Can I speak? Can I bite people? Can I still fly?]

[OOC: This is awesome. Can I speak? Can I bite people? Can I still fly?]
    OOC: You can fly better than with the little wings and speak and bite quite hard. Also Red Dragons are the ones that breath fire.

• Advertisement

Byrwin:

Othegre senses no evil intent from the woman.

"They were poisoned by scorpions, won't affect you. They're delirious so don't worry about their reaction."

"To your health then. Chin chin!"
    Othegre has a swig.
    "So... Are they going to pull through? Be nice to have some warm bodies to put between me and any risks..."
    Sip
    "If not, can we throw them out back? I'll have a snooze and we'll talk about the keep later?"

Byrwin:
    "They'll pull through, what do you think?"

Othegre feels a power in the blood. It is tempting to take more than a sip.

OOC: You can fly better than with the little wings and speak and bite quite hard. Also Red Dragons are the ones that breath fire.

[OOC: I can work with that! Stats? I assume the thief stats go out the window?]
    giphy.gif

Kal does a little celebratory lap of the kitchen. Then heads back to see if Flak is awake yet. He makes sure to pick up the recipe the fairies gave him.

Borbois Mansion:
    Kal does a little celebratory lap of the kitchen. Then heads back to see if Flak is awake yet. He makes sure to pick up the recipe the fairies gave him.
    Flak is not yet awake. Seven hours to go. He snoozes quite loudly.

OOC: Stats in main thread soon.

"this is definitely better than the dwarves I've been drinking."
    Sip
    "Are they all like this?"
    Sip
    "What are property prices like in Zassan"
    Sip
    "Wait...did you spike my drink? Where's Simon? I want to speak to Simon!"

Byrwin:

Othegre feels the power course within her.

OOC: +1 STR for 24 hours.

The old woman laughs.

"Spike it, certainly not. A fight between you and me would have an uncertain outcome, I don't want to risk one."

Byrwin:

Othegre feels the power course within her.

OOC: +1 STR for 24 hours.

The old woman laughs.

"Spike it, certainly not. A fight between you and me would have an uncertain outcome, I don't want to risk one."

Protection from evil on Goggles.
    If granny danger doesn't notice, next round hold person on granny
    Then a light peck on the neck. No teeth, no tongue. And ask her where I can sleep.
    If she notices the PfE, just skip to asking about sleeping arrangements

Edit : that's meant to be comically threateningly unthreatening. I'm not chatting her up!

Byrwin:
    Ash notices her body glow red and nods at Othegre.

Othegre gestures and freezes the old woman in place.

"What, what are you doing? How dare you..."

Ash comes up behind her and beats her head in with a wrench, clearly cracking the skull.

"What tipped you off about the bitch Othy?"

Old Roads Day One:
    "Aye, good to go, what're your names lads? May Nír bless our journey."

I walk into the cavern and start off

OOC: Can I adlib buying flint and steel, a lantern and a few flasks of oil? Adlib for rp purposes
    OOC: No problem.

The dwarves inform him of their names. Thonar, Angin, Garnvo, Gommod, Indgim, Yerlar (the thief).

The journey is mostly uneventful for the first few hours, until they come to an old watch post blocking the way, the cavern narrowing to require passage through it.

"Must be one of the old registry posts" says Yerler.

The Dwarf skeletons about the door of the watch post however are distorted and cracked. It is two levels tall.

"Crisitunity, Ash!
    That was badass!
    Dwayne said she was going to eat me to make herself powerful, and Simon... SIMON! Simon seemed a little spooked. And she was nice to me. No one is nice to me. She was going to eat us both. Ok. Here's what we're going to do. Help me move this zassanach, stick her underneath him."
    She tears a few strategic holes in Granny's clothing, finishes the vial of blood and the jams it hard into the soldiers neck. Waste not want not, she fills her waterskin, cleans the nozzle then let's him bleed out. She moves Grannys hand onto the stubby remains of the vial. She keeps one eye on the other soldier.

Step 2 - look for a big pot or cauldron. Is there one?

• Advertisement
Advertisement