Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

D&D Act Two Scene III - Adventures in the Desert

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Byrwin:
    Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : in the intervening time, can I have sent Ash and a messenger from page 21 to the fire dwarf fortress in the covered carriage to collect Aria and Kim and any other retainers if theyre happy to come and will fit? At the very least let Kim know I'm alive and I'm reclaiming my obligation and the ship deeds.
    OOC: Unpausing this given Goodie and Ekbard's progress. Things could sync nicely.

Over the following days Othegre extends her knowledge of Vivimantic lore and via some of the tomes even the capabilities of her own kind. The Demogorgon is pleased at her rapid progress and guides her subtly when needed.

She emerges from the keep on the final day of her studies having master more of her natural vampiric powers.

Ash has arrived back from the Fire dwarf city with Kim, Aria and the two dwarves Kildunli and Barikhek.

Kildunli is flirting with Ash, but she now only has eyes for BandyLegs.

To Othegre herself, should she focus on the group she sees all the blood vessels within their bodies. Vivimancy has taught her exactly what each of these supply and power. The mortal frame has no secrets to her. Blood and Flesh ready to be consumed and reshaped, full of chaotic potential.

Ash perks up when she sees Othegre exit the keep, books tied around her back, but a black shadow bubbling like oil at her feet. Carrion birds fill the keeps parapet.

"To Zassan Othy?"

Othegre's now fierce eyes pierce them all.

OOC: Othegre is a fully fledged Vampire Lord, immune to non-magical damage. Her bite can lower the level of monsters and (N)PCs. If she has a coffin within 20 minutes of her, reaching 0 HP only causes her to go to gaseous form and reform in the coffin.

As a combined power, her touch can reduce living matter to a soup once a day.
    Higher Level Characters will get a save against this.

Video image is close to how I see Othegre now, although Banjo is canon source here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

OldGoat wrote: »
    Flak returns to the room with the lord to play the game.
    "Deal yer cards."

OOC: Is this lad human or spectral? Do I observe anything unusual or unnatural about him or in the room?
    EDIT: Please don't be a game of Gwent, I've never been able to play that. :(
    Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: Cool, we'll hold til OldGoat responds.
    "I've had a look along the books and they all seem pretty run of the mill. Do you by any chance have anything else? Anything 'Top Shelf' or 'Under the counter' if you get my meaning.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Fourier wrote: »
    Byrwin:
    Ash has arrived back from the Fire dwarf city with Kim, Aria and the two dwarves Kildunli and Barikhek.

Kildunli is flirting with Ash, but she now only has eyes for BandyLegs.

To Othegre herself, should she focus on the group she sees all the blood vessels within their bodies. Vivimancy has taught her exactly what each of these supply and power. The mortal frame has no secrets to her. Blood and Flesh ready to be consumed and reshaped, full of chaotic potential.

Ash perks up when she sees Othegre exit the keep, books tied around her back, but a black shadow bubbling like oil at her feet. Carrion birds fill the keeps parapet.

"To Zassan Othy?"

Othegre's now fierce eyes pierce them all.

Othegre calls back over her shoulder
    "DeeGee! I'm going out, do you need anything down the shops?"
    There's a noise that might be rage or mirth, it shakes the ground a little just the same.
    "Ash! You came back! I honestly thought you'd be gone for good! But I suppose, given the choice between 'sex cannibal holocaust village of the damned' and a town full of surface dwellers, I think you picked right. But we mustn't stay long. Zassan it is!"

She gestures to the Zassanite warrior at her side, who's looking a little healthier if a bit distracted. He hoists a long - let's not say coffin-like, let's be discrete about this, it's luggage, if anyone asks it's luggage - box onto the roof of the carriage, securing the base with strapping. Before boarding the carriage, Othegre speaks to her retinue of children who have gathered at the village's new centerpiece, a small garden of desert flowers growing around Langford the petrified skeleton.
    "Guys, you'll be fine. Keep tending the garden, make a steady supply of that potion I showed you, I'll see if we can get a trustworthy trader or maybe a new family or two to make the trip back and we'll get this place back on it's feet. My band of Bonies will watch out for you while I'm gone. Mina will be in charge till I get back."
    Othegre tilts up the parasol under which one of the children huddles, causing the agitated child to flinch. Othegre offers her a drink from her wineskin, visibly calming her.
    "Mina, stay indoors if strangers come, stay out of the lab and do not talk to DeeGee. He's cool but he'll try to convince you to set him free to exterminate all life and he makes some very convincing arguments. It's easier to just stay out."

Nomnom arrives, carrying a case full of empty sample jars which Othegre loads in the wagon. She pats him on the head, gives the village and final wave and then they're off.
    Video image is close to how I see Othegre now, although Banjo is canon source here[/I]
    Scarring is on the wrong eye, but otherwise pretty close to how I see her too.

Edit
    Hp rolls
    Banjo:2D6+2 → 10(3 +5 + 2)#cleric 7 and 8 (div by 2)
    Banjo:6D4+6 → 15(1 +1 +2 +3 +1 +1 + 6)#mancer 1-6 (div by 2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Ash gestures the horses and the cart forward, the village of Byrwin is left far behind as they ride into the setting sun.

Mina smiles from within the shaded hut Ash had built, no raiders would mess with her and the other children. Her master "Othegre the Eternal" had seen to that.

END OF SCENE

OOC: Flak and Kal, Borbois will continue in Zassan for reasons you'll see, just keep posting as before. Moy you are part of a joint asspull/mystery story, an "ass mystery".

Advertisement