Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

D&D Act Two Scene III - Adventures in the Desert

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Ooc : so scrolls.are blank or beyond my understanding? Take em either way.

Edit : ah feck it, bring the vials. We can put them down if trouble strike. Othegre wraps the curtains around M like a toga.

Prince to lead the way, taking door North.Othegre checking for traps as we go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,558 ✭✭✭✭Fourier

Banjo wrote: »
    Ooc : so scrolls.are blank or beyond my understanding? Take em either way.
    OOC: The latter.
    Edit : ah feck it, bring the vials. We can put them down if trouble strike. Othegre wraps the curtains around M like a toga.

Prince to lead the way, taking door North.Othegre checking for traps as we go.
    Othegre enters the hall. Little here except portraits of other planes and the owners, a little younger than the previous portraits.

In the middle of the hall a pile of ropes hang from the ceiling.

Fourier wrote: »
    OOC: The latter.

Othegre enters the hall. Little here except portraits of other planes and the owners, a little younger than the previous portraits.

In the middle of the hall a pile of ropes hang from the ceiling.

Ropes. Why ropes? .....what? I'm allowed to be afraid of ropes. You're afraid of hammers. Simon's afraid of shoe salesmen. You are so!

Nomnom, go back and get the curtain pole from next door, give it to M.

M, brush those ropes from a distance with the curtain pole

After moving the ropes with the curtain pole more rope pulls its way out of the floor as if the floor were intangible.

Ok, M, reel up one of those ropes all the way. Lets see how long it is and what's the end. O and Prince, hold the curtain rail across him so if the rope pulls back he'll be able to let it go before he gets pulled in.

Othegre crawls around the room slowly with her flail in front of her, sweeping it back and forth looking for where the floor ends and illusion begins.

• Advertisement

Ok, M, reel up one of those ropes all the way. Lets see how long it is and what's the end. O and Prince, hold the curtain rail across him so if the rope pulls back he'll be able to let it go before he gets pulled in.

Othegre crawls around the room slowly with her flail in front of her, sweeping it back and forth looking for where the floor ends and illusion begins.
    About half way into the room the illusion starts.

When the ropes are pulled up a small explosive, crystals with a fuse, is revealed tied to their end.

Oh sweet salamagundi. So we've got explosive ropes, petrifying chest.... Wanna see what behind door number 2 before we choose how we'll all die? .... Ha, ok, point taken, how Simon dies? Othgre goes back into the lab while the bonies very carefully place the explosives down. If no one splodes, they all return to statue room and go west very carefully, checking for ts, M opening the door

They enter a room filled with 48 orange gems and a desiccated corpse. Again fine curtains and paintings of other planes. Some vivisection diagrams.

Surprisingly the corpse speaks.

"I am Jetip, the vivimancer, you dare enter our keep, the entry to our laboratory? Well thief, there is a gem here worth more than any you have seen, obscene in value, I used it in an experiment long ago. My vivimancy barely sustains me, but you may attempt to collect the gem. Be warned though, the rest are only worth a little and are cursed. None have ever lived past this test. Some grant half curses half blessings, others are harsher and others again will kill you outright.

Do you dare girl?! Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!"

It is clear she cannot move, held up with hooks on a chair.

OOC: Just say a number between 1-48 to pick one if you wish.

Oh hi Jetip. You look like you need a glass of water, do you want a glass of water? Well, a vial maybe, I don't have any glasses.

Look, this is a little awkward but I'm not really looking for gems. And to be honest if you want me dead I have very good news for you, it's already happened. Anyway there's a lovely but highly suspicious old lady from the town down the road, she says the this is her grandad's keep and he has an amulet she needs to protect the town. She's probably your niece or your daughter or your step-child or - y'know it's not important. Any idea where I'd find it?

• Advertisement

Jetip is clearly annoyed by how unphased Othegre is. Her eye lids flicker open revealing young looking eyes.

"A vampire then? I contemplated becoming one of you. If the gems do not concern you, then fine, the amulet is in the next room. The old lady is the granddaughter of my colleagues, I would inquire after her, but I know your kind's ways. I will only let you past for a taste of your blood. Be warned girl, I may be physically weak, but I am lethal."

Jetip is clearly annoyed by how unphased Othegre is. Her eye lids flicker open revealing young looking eyes.

"A vampire then? I contemplated becoming one of you. If the gems do not concern you, then fine, the amulet is in the next room. The old lady is the granddaughter of my colleagues, I would inquire after her, but I know your kind's ways. I will only let you past for a taste of your blood. Be warned girl, I may be physically weak, but I am lethal."

"Yeah, she's not doing too well but it wasn't my doing if that's any consolation. So if you're not like me... I mean... Are you alive-alive? Or some kind puppety thing? How old are you? Because you look like you haven't been looking after yourself very well.

If you want some of my blood here, help yourself"
    She gives her waterskin full of Zassan rocket blood to M to bring over.
    "Leave me a swig though, it's good stuff. And no backwash!"

"Yeah, she's not doing too well but it wasn't my doing if that's any consolation. So if you're not like me... I mean... Are you alive-alive? Or some kind puppety thing? How old are you? Because you look like you haven't been looking after yourself very well.
    "I'm one hundred and forty, perfecting the human form causes severe damage and pain before one can rise to the heights of immortality."
    If you want some of my blood here, help yourself"
    She gives her waterskin full of Zassan rocket blood to M to bring over.
    "Leave me a swig though, it's good stuff. And no backwash!"
    She tastes it.

"Bitch, this is human blood, I am no fool. I have tasted every fluid the human body can produce.....

...and don't try a funny line, every adventurer thinks they're the cleverest fuker to walk the Earth when they hear that and grasp at some crude joke"

"I'm one hundred and forty, perfecting the human form causes severe damage and pain before one can rise to the heights of immortality."

She tastes it.

"Bitch, this is human blood, I am no fool. I have tasted every fluid the human body can produce.....

...and don't try a funny line, every adventurer thinks they're the cleverest fuker to walk the Earth when they hear that and grasp at some crude joke"

Fine. I had a great fluids joke and im not going to tell you. There's no need to be rude, I gave you what y- wait, what? You want *my* blood?

Do I have blood? Simon?

Why would you want my blood. Don't you know where it's been?

Why would you want my blood. Don't you know where it's been?
    "It has power girl, power I need"

"It has power girl, power I need"

"My blood is nothing but trouble, raisinface."

She whispers into Nomnoms ear. He opens his mouth wide, she inspects it and pats him on the shoulder. He leaves the room.

"Now look. I've been nice and polite and accommodating. You've been rude and obstructive. I try my best to see the good in people I really do but I'm starting to think that good is just a kid's story they tell us so we'll follow rules and walk in lines. There's no good in anyone. Not that self righteous suicidal dwarf, not Granny danger, not you. We're all just monsters. So let's negotiate monster to monster.
    I want the talisman.
    I want to know why you think looking like that at only 144 is a success. I mean seriously, you say you have power, tell me more, because you look like a satsumas ghost.

And I don't really care but you're going to tell me which gems are good and which gems are bad. Because nice people deserve nice things and you're not nice people.

In exchange I'll leave here with the talisman, and maybe the jewel because I have no idea how much spider dates cost - long story, don't interrupt my flow- and let you wait around for the next chump to take your test.

You aren't having my blood. If you could get out of that chair and take it you'd have done it by now.

So give me what I want and I'll stop Nomnom from walking back in here with an arm full of exploding ropes and giving you a hug, and turning you into a new fluid you'll never get to taste.

His teeth, aren't in bad shape, he'll be back soon.

I want to know why you think looking like that at only 144 is a success.
    "Because I would have died at sixty and I am close to immortality"
    So give me what I want and I'll stop Nomnom from walking back in here with an arm full of exploding ropes and giving you a hug, and turning you into a new fluid you'll never get to taste.
    "Try me girl, I am far more dangerous than you think"

"Honey, Immortality is way over-rated. Have it your way. I'm going back out the way I came in. If you change your mind before you're turned into cornflour call me. Otherwise I'll come back tomorrow and see what kind of crater you left.

Sleep tight!"

Othegre retreats to the chest room with the skeletons and waits for Nomnom.

Nomnom returns explosives in hand.

Othegre sends nomnom back to the rope room for a minute, backs her entourage up away from the chest, giving them a safe distance for her to try dispelling the magic trap.

And after, if nothing mental happens, M can try to open the chest.

• Advertisement

The glow about the chest fades. M opens the chest revealing a detailed manual on all the vivimantic and necromantic discoveries here.

OOC: Othegre can now multiclass in one of Necromancer or Vivimancer.

It's redundant given she doesn't work that way, but she does a few calf stretches and takes a few deep breaths, then tells M to take the book.

OOC : Edit : Ok, there's a lot to get through here. Help me out in the interest of brevity - is there a lot in Vivimancy that requires the setup of a lab? I gather there is

Othegre flicks through the index, table of contents, any sticky out notes, looking for the word Vampire in relation to Vivimancy

OOC : Specifically, I'm looking for anything that hints at exactly what she needs my blood for.

"Spider Climb? I think I already know that one.... Wait, what's that word? Do you say Puh-si or just Si? Simon, you have to see this. This is amazing. And they have a lab right through that door!"

She glares at the door. She looks back at the door to the rope hall.

"Dwayne, I need this house. I can't live here with that thing. But if I explode her I'll ruin the house. I need you to do something for me."

She hands Dwayne to M.
    She tells Prince to open the door back to Jetip.

"Hey Quetip! I read a bit of your book! I have to say it's a real page turner. And I really want to ask you more about some of this stuff. But you'll keep trying to take my blood and no good's going to come of that. I mean it's right here"
    She holds up the book and points to a page
    "See? Look at this picture! It's uglier than you! Besides, you've been mean to me and I can't let that stand."

Hold person on Jetip.

M is ordered to enter the room and bash Jetip's face in. O and Prince to follow in as fast as they can to assist if necessary.
    Nomnom to very carefully move from Rope room back towards Jetips room as covering fire.
    If Jetip wasn't bluffing and things look hairy, Othegre will leg it out towards the tower they came in by and Nomnom will perform the Hug of Death.

Jetip is frozen in place by hold person and killed on impact.

"I knew she was bluffing! OK, Nomnom, very carefully put your splodies in the corner of the rope room, out of the way, and come back. M, O, Prince Charlie - pull her head off. Wrap it in the curtains and put it inside the chest. Once that's done, go back to her hall, start taking those hooks out of her body, let's find out what that's about. And search her for anything that looks interesting"

As they search her Othegre realises that although she carries little, the interesting things about her are her vivimantic grafts. The hooks were aiding the culturing of the grafts in some way.

OOC: This is not a commitment to Vivimancy, just passing familiarity gleaned from the book.

Satisfied that headless, Jetip's not coming back to gloat about how many lives they have or set her on fire, Othegre approaches the corpse to take a closer look at the grafts and hooks, flicking through the book to see if she can get a handle on what she was up to.

She also takes a closer look (with her eyes! No touchies!) at the jewels on the wall.

Some kind of life extension and adding abilities by grafting the flesh of various monsters. There is a good bit of troll tissue along her back.

The gems are all a light orange and identical looking.

• Advertisement

Othegre orders her crew to tear Jetip's body apart to see if there's a 49th gem inside her.

Advertisement