Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

He’s got far more substance to him than half the dross that’s been on that main stage over the last 15-20 years

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

If the album is a hit this will do wonders for his career.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,864 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Each of their own but I won't be there..

.. to be honest, I've visited the Pyramid for maybe one act at most for the last few years.

Having seen The Cure earlier this year.. might not go again, but definitely Macca if he makes an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

thank god .. makes my night down in the Rocket Lounge and in the naughty corner way easier now with Stromzy playing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

I'd happily go see Stormzy headline. I'm always curious as to how headline slots are received even if I'm not a massive fan of the band myself. Happy to wander off after a while as there's usually something better going on elsewhere if you're not a big fan.

In 3 Glastonburys I've seen 4 full pyramid headline sets and caught the opening of 2 others.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Glastonbury Festival (official)
    We are delighted to announce that Kylie Minogue is finally bringing her show to Glastonbury. She'll play the legendary Sunday afternoon slot at next year's Festival. And we cannot wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Good booking for that slot, plenty of hits. Field will be rammed.

Ha! Not exactly that surprising she was strongly rumored, not sure if I’ll bother seeing her, not my cup of tea but it could be fun. This is what I like about glasto though, getting to see acts I’d never buy tickets for.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Great for that Sunday afternoon slot, think she could still have been worthy of a headline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

I wouldn't be a big fan and don't think she would have been big enough for a headline but she is perfect Legends slot material. If the weather is good then she should be very popular. Lional Richie was the legends highlight for me.

• Advertisement

She could get the biggest crowd of the weekend if McCartney doesn't play.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

I was kinda hoping for the pre christmas announcement to be McCartney..not the biggest beatles fan but the 2 times ive seen him have been EPIC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Kylie's current tour is awful and her voice has collapsed. The 3Arena gig a few weeks ago was a fiasco.

They'll need to keep this watertight with the world watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Kylie's current tour is awful and her voice has collapsed. The 3Arena gig a few weeks ago was a fiasco.

They'll need to keep this watertight with the world watching.
    Well at least she'll be the same as the rest of us at 4pm on the sunday :D

Well at least she'll be the same as the rest of us at 4pm on the sunday :D

Hey, three years ago we were dancing on the ceiling........ and it was outdoors..... and THEN Lional Richie came out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,264 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I wouldn't be a big fan and don't think she would have been big enough for a headline but she is perfect Legends slot material. If the weather is good then she should be very popular. Lional Richie was the legends highlight for me.

The 2 years I went I got Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton. Most people will say Dolly Parton was amazing etc, but Kenny Rogers absolutely smashed it. There was the obvious stuff, and then the "huh, that's his song" moments

Also, If the Manics are at Glastonbury, they should completely arrange for them to play Some Kind of Bliss with Kylie and she can do vocals on Little Baby Nothing as they originally wanted

• Registered Users Posts: 12,703 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Mike Skinner is cool I liked The Streets. I wonder what are the odds on The Strokes appearing? If they did appear where would they play?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Glastonbury Festival (official)
    As just announced by Emily Eavis on Lauren Laverne's new BBC 6 Music breakfast show, the incredible Janelle Monáe will headline the West Holts stage at #Glastonbury2019

Wu-Tang Clan heavily rumoured for West Holts on Saturday night too.

• Advertisement

I’ll give her a listen. I know the name but not the music. We Tang Clan would be fun on west holts

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Very good booking and I'd love to see her headline WH.

Thought she would be pushing for a higher slot though. Give it a few years and she could be headlining.

Yeah it seems she’s played a few times over the years now and hasn’t really moved up the bill much. I’ve been listening to her and she’s excellent.

I want to catch a full headline set at the glade this year. I caught the end of Sasha and John Digweed last year and it was incredible

predictable, but the Chemical Brothers pretty much confirmed on Lauren Laverne's show this morning:
    https://www.glastofestfeed.com/latest/news/could-chemical-brothers-playing-glastonbury-2019/

usual Other Stage headliners probably.

I’ll take it! Saw them at EP a few years ago but I only remember the first half. I’m really hoping Thom Yorke will appear. He’s playing Bilbao BBK after glasto but is free glasto weekend as far as I can tell.

Macca is out, playing in Vegas on the Saturday night of Glastonbury.

Interesting. I’ve no interest in seeing him anyway. Kind of blows it wide open though. Who else is likely? Arctic Monkeys? Foals? I think Foals are unlikely.

That's Macca next year so for 50th..... (Assuming he's still performing)

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

Would Glastonbury regular's be confident that Camper Van tickets will be on sale through April / May? Thanks

• Advertisement

I doubt it. They are almost as hard to get as gen admission tickets these days. I imagine they’ll sell out instantly whenever they go on sale.

Advertisement