Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

With the blaze playing body and soul and rock werchter the same weekend as Glastonbury,what are the chances they will be at worthy farm? They were the highlight of ep for me last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just got the email telling me to pay the balance next week. Total cost of my ticket this year including fees is 307.95 euro. Pricey but worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Ah, I shouldn't have read this thread :( Won't be going this year having been many before. Seeing all the pics of the place in nice weather is a downer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

Balance payment email through too. Can't wait.

Really hoping to see Gerry Cinnamon at Glastonbury or Electric Picnic.

Loving the lineups of both so far.

For anyone who doesn't know you can watch them build thefestival site on this webcam: http://panodata2.panomax.com/cams/879/recent_full.jpg

Probably won't be much happening for another few weeks though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

How did you book tickets? They won't be released until October?:confused::)

booked mid last year a package which included tickets...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

Tickets and flights boxed off whoop whoop

Tis our first Glastonbury lads. Regular Stradbally attendee where Salty Dog/EA/Cosby are my usual thing - Guitars, indie etc.

Any suggestions about bars/venues in that vein over there? I'm a bit overwhelmed looking at the size of the whole thing to be honest.

I will wander and discover but just would like an idea musically. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Wooderson

thebusher wrote: »
    Tis our first Glastonbury lads. Regular Stradbally attendee where Salty Dog/EA/Cosby are my usual thing - Guitars, indie etc.

Any suggestions about bars/venues in that vein over there? I'm a bit overwhelmed looking at the size of the whole thing to be honest.

At the fest or in Glastonbury town?

Hard to say. It's difficult to compare the 2 festivals. You're best bet is to keep an eye on the clashfinder especially in the last week before the fest. The lineup is massive and thats the only way to make sense of it.

• Advertisement

At the festival itself yea. I'm only going to pick a handful of bands to see and then go with the flow.

Seen somewhere that Brothers bar is a good one for music?? Wheel of Four Tunes on the Thursday looks like good craic too

At the festival itself yea. I'm only going to pick a handful of bands to see and then go with the flow.

Seen somewhere that Brothers bar is a good one for music?? Wheel of Four Tunes on the Thursday looks like good craic too

Brothers bar is at the heart of the fest in the Jazz World field. At 2am it grinds out house music tho. Dunno whether that fits your tastes...

The place is the size of the centre of a small city tho mate. You’ll find your niche. I wouldn’t get too hett up on the type of music a spec plays.

There are approx 100 stages btw. If you get to spend any decent length of time at more than 25 of them in the 5 days I’ll be amazed.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lester Freamon

Whatever you do, don't try and rush around trying to see loads of acts. Pointless as it's soooo big.

Pick one or two must sees each day and outside of that just make sure you explore and relax at various random spots etc

Whatever you do, don't try and rush around trying to see loads of acts. Pointless as it's soooo big.

Pick one or two must sees each day and outside of that just make sure you explore and relax at various random spots etc

Size/scale is Glasters strength -and- weakness. My 14th visit in June and there’s tonnes I’ve never even set foot near.

Thanks lads

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

Revolut Visa card (sterling) should be OK for the resale ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Revolut is a debit card.. international purchases need to be credit card..

Basq wrote: »
    ^ Revolut is a debit card.. international purchases need to be credit card..

Yes, it's a sterling UK card. Be OK? Don't want to leave anything to chance !Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 43,865 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yes, it's a sterling UK card. Be OK? Don't want to leave anything to chance !Thanks
    No, it's a sterling debit card so I don't think it would work. I wouldn't risk it tbh.. I'd be 90% sure if won't work!

As..
    UK buyers may use either a UK registered debit card or UK registered credit card. International buyers must use a credit card (with a non-UK billing address).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

If you're registration is an Irish address it won't work. Use an Irish credit card.

Revolut Visa card (sterling) should be OK for the resale ? Thanks

Nope it won't work. I couldn't even pay my ticket balance with one. The only things that will work are a UK debit/credit card or an irish credit card.

Also, here's a cool satellite pic of the site from last year

12039294-0-image-a-83_1554794610494.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

That picture seems odd. Fields are full of tents, grass infront of Pyramid is green and not full of rubbish / people and the carparks are empty.

Edit: my orientation regarding the carparks was off and I've spotted them now. The green grass and lack of people seems wrong though.

The Nal wrote: »
    If you're registration is an Irish address it won't work. Use an Irish credit card.

Derry address, thanks folks.

That satellite pic is incredible

• Registered Users Posts: 12,704 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Derry address, thanks folks.

That satellite pic is incredible

Aha you're not quite an "international customer" yet then.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

robinph wrote: »
    That picture seems odd. Fields are full of tents, grass infront of Pyramid is green and not full of rubbish / people and the carparks are empty.

Edit: my orientation regarding the carparks was off and I've spotted them now. The green grass and lack of people seems wrong though.

Judging from shadows I'm guessing early Thursday morning?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

beecee wrote: »
    Judging from shadows I'm guessing early Thursday morning?

That is the only time it could be for how unlittered and trampled the site is, but if the weather was that clear then there should be a visible crowd up at the Stone Circle and a few black spots from fires from people waiting for the sun to come up.

Edit: I have spotted my campervan though. :)

Sliver Hayes announces! :D Daniel Avery, Denis Sulta, Peggy Gou, Haii are a few that I would see. Solid enough!

FCE2A334-4B30-40C4-A483-63464592F774.jpeg.152f8eaa398070a4f989df2d7d447fe2.jpeg

Edit: Just spotted Four Tet as well, delighted.

The Sliver Hayes area is getting a rejig too. They've merged The Blues and The Gully stages. It'll be interesting to see what's its like.

• Advertisement

Maps out.

17apr19map.png

Advertisement