Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Layne

Quick question.
    Gonna give the coach ticket sale a go next week. Have registration numbers ready. There was mention of entering a postcode if you are lucky enough to get to the booking page. What do we put in there?? Hardly our Eircode??
    Just don't want to be tripped up by this on the day if I get lucky.
    Any advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Layne wrote: »
    Quick question.
    Gonna give the coach ticket sale a go next week. Have registration numbers ready. There was mention of entering a postcode if you are lucky enough to get to the booking page. What do we put in there?? Hardly our Eircode??
    Any advice appreciated.
    You had to enter a postcode when you registered.. it's the same postcode you chose then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Layne wrote: »
    Quick question.
    Any advice appreciated.

Use whatever postcode is on your registration. You should have a name, reg number and postcode. You only need to enter your registration and postcode. A lot of our groups postcode is just "Dublin"

Top tip - Have all this and your credit card info typed on a word document ready to be copied and pasted into the details and payment page. Precious seconds saved!

^ This was a godsend this year.. all details filled in once I got through.

Thanks for the feedback.
    Must adopt the old Cub Scouts motto of "Be Prepared". Its like a military operation. Every second counts indeed...
    Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm in the process of organising my crew of ticket buyers now, hoping that a couple of people from far flung places hammering the site might get lucky in getting through for me. A text from one of them confirming the purchase just after the start of the London Marathon would be a nice motivational boost.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Can't believe it. I'm fu*king going. YES. See you all on the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Yeeaaa congrats man. I wonder how many boards heads are going this year? I think 8 or so said they got tickets in this thread?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Yeeaaa congrats man. I wonder how many boards heads are going this year? I think 8 or so said they got tickets in this thread?
    Yep, my 4th year in a row this year.

Thanks everyone. Will be my second after 2017. Was gutted I missed out in October.

Got a random text today from a fellow boardsie I teamed up with for the original sale. It says d he'd been trying to buy me a ticket but got a message saying I was already successful. I had no idea he was going to be trying today and to find out he was successful too made it an even better day. I really think Glastonbury brings out the best in people.

So that's another one of us for the farm.

By any chance is anyone getting the Cardiff coach ? Or know what time it left at in 2017? Trying to arrange flights now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Myself and 3 others heading over this year. Will be my third trip to Glastonbury having been in 2014 and 2017.

Of the rest in our group, one is going for the second time and the others are newbies.

Excitement starting to build nicely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

First time this year, group of 6 of us but have a load of UK friends who've been a good few times

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭thebusher

First time here. Can't wait for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Third time for us..2015,2017 and this year. Love our rock music in our group so hard to top Royal Blood, Foo Fighters and Biffy up high on the bill in 2017 but theres so many other stages to get our fix..cant wait..it finally feels like its so close! \m/

Well done to all that made it.
    Had the phone and laptop on the go. Managed to get into the booking page at around 6.20 and thought I was on the pigs back.
    Put in the registration details only to discover to my horror that regardless of which city I clicked on there was no tickets left. Was so desperate was willing to go from anywhere, Lincoln, Brighton, didn't matter. Didn't even know where half of the places were on the map but hey wasn't meant to be.......☹
    Gonna try again on Sunday but would probably have better chance winning the Lotto.....!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Ah ****! I have Sunday marked in my calendar as resale day but totally missed that there was a coach resale yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Can't believe it. I'm fu*king going. YES. See you all on the farm

Congrats. Got resale tickets myself twice! Quite a few boardsies going I'd say. It's definitely a bit of a quieter thread this year as this year it's not exactly an iconic lineup (Prob waiting for next year).

But this is actually better as I sometimes spend too much time at the main stages. This year I intend on touring a lot (I always love the acoustic tent). I'm really looking forward to going to places I haven't been in a few years.

Fourth in a row. 8th overall (From last 10)

Out of curiosity what are the best practical tips those of you that have been before would give?

I'm no stranger to gigs or festivals so I know the basics I guess I'm looking for Glastonbury specific tips.

Thanks

thebusher wrote: »
    Out of curiosity what are the best practical tips those of you that have been before would give?

I'm no stranger to gigs or festivals so I know the basics I guess I'm looking for Glastonbury specific tips.

Thanks

Pick 3 or 4 must see acts every day and outside of that just wander. It's bloody massive and you wont get to see all of it no matter what you do so there's really no point rushing around. Wednesday and thursday are best for wandering as most of the bigger stages are closed. Plenty of bands and DJs in the bars and smaller stages though that will be going all night.

As a general rule the campsites closer to the centre of the festival fill up faster, especially the ones beside the pyramid and other stage. The place is 80% full by wednesday night these days, not many people arrive on thursday or friday.

You can bring booze everywhere with you, it's pretty much impossible to bring in enough for 5 days if you're on the bus so be prepared to spend a bit more at bars over the 5 days. Or else if your on a budget what you can do is get a bus to Glasto town on thurs or fri morning and go to a supermarket to get more cans. We did this in 2016, pretty easy, buses go every hour from where you got dropped off (gate A) and it's 4 quid.

Apart from that bring all the stuff you'd usually bring to EP or whatever. I can manage to fit everything apart from my booze into a 90 litre rucksack.

Thanks
    Its much bigger than you can imagine, so whatever shoes you decide to go with make sure they fit well and you've worn them in.

• Advertisement

Id love camp somewhere with a view of the pyramid but I think they fill up super quick.

Also, if you tend to spend a lot of time at the front of stages you won't be able to go to bars much so you'll want more cans anyway. To get up the front for Radiohead last time I was there from about 5pm for Royal Blood until Radiohead finished their set at around midnight.

2017 was a scorcher and there was a little shop just by left field that sold ice. We bought some small resealable vacuum bags in deals before we went and each day we'd buy a bag of ice(fiver) fill the vacuum bag with cans and ice and then put it into a backpack. Lasted the whole day and saved us having to leave stages and go the bar. The paper cups they use at the bars can be very flimsy and it's hard carrying a few of them through a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

try to bring as little food as possible, there's so many great food places to try:
    https://imgur.com/a/btSgsrF

it's a cliche, but go up the hill at The Park and don't turn around until you're at the top where the Glastonbury sign is.

the bar at the Spike in the Glade area does very generous doubles for a fiver.

wander around the Theatre/Circus/Cabaret/Avalon fields on Wednesday or Thursday, chances are once the music starts on Friday, you probably won't make it to them as you'll be at the bigger stages.

there are milk trucks that come around in the mornings, perfect for fresh White Russian's!

read Tort's Glastonbury guide: http://www.glastoearth.com/the-faq

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Prepare for both 20 inches of mud and unrelenting, blistering sun.

Nice one lads. Great advice. Torts guide is great alright :-)

Hoping to get some ice glad to hear you found some on sale!!

Nice one lads. Great advice. Torts guide is great alright :-)

Hoping to get some ice glad to hear you found some on sale!!

The co-op are running a supermarket on site this year. I'd imagine it'll be very like Londis did for AllTogetherNow. If it is we'll 100% be sorted for ice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Just to confirm, the festival is last weekend in June?

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Just to confirm, the festival is last weekend in June?

Yeah 26th to 30th. It starts on a wednesday.

Yeah 26th to 30th. It starts on a wednesday.

Thanks. One last roll of the dice in the morn. Hopefully I get em this time.

• Advertisement

No joy, to all that got them have a brilliant time, cu all in the autumn for another swing of the bat!!

Advertisement