Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Unlucky mate. If you're not grouped up with other people you should try do that for next year. Improves your chances a lot.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

MadYaker wrote: »
    Unlucky mate. If you're not grouped up with other people you should try do that for next year. Improves your chances a lot.

Tried that in original sale last yr, no joy. Rest of group not pushed to try again. Always another go in autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

judeboy101 wrote: »
    Tried that in original sale last yr, no joy. Rest of group not pushed to try again. Always another go in autumn.

We had a group of 4 and a group of 3. Had over 70 family members and work colleagues all trying. We got to put in all 7 registration and postcodes 3/4 times between us all, kept bombing us out 'no event listed' or something similar. Absolutely gutted. Never did get a chance to test that UK Revolut card! Roll on 2020

Congrats to all who were successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

We had a group of 4 and a group of 3. Had over 70 family members and work colleagues all trying. We got to put in all 7 registration and postcodes 3/4 times between us all, kept bombing us out 'no event listed' or something similar. Absolutely gutted. Never did get a chance to test that UK Revolut card! Roll on 2020

Congrats to all who were successful!

Just a heads up for next year, the UK Revolut debit card didnt work for me on balance payments.
    The moment you put in a non UK address you have to use a credit card and rejects any debit card. (am guessing the only way around this would be to use something like parcel motel as your home address.)

Anyone still trying could use something like this Checkpage.co.uk to monitor the website for new tickets but I’d imagine you will have to be on the ball as a lot of people on efestivals use it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Was trying to get a connection from the London Marathon start line, but zero data connection due to 40000 people uploading pictures of themselves to Instagram at the same time presumably. Had about 6 other people around the world trying to get through for me, but no success for anyone.

:(

First Robinph free Glastonbury since 1995.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

That's a shame.

That's ****ing awful man. Book another holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭paulmurphyvec

i like cake :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Aw man... Sorry for those who didn't get tickets. Thought you might have had a good chance this year as there doesn't seem to be as much hype this year as previously (Everyone concentrating on next year).

If there was one thing I'd change about the ticketing process it would be that there should be an opportunity to transfer tickets. Not to just anyone but to someone in a pre-defined pool of people. Say, when you are registering your details, you should be able to add up to three backup registration numbers. Then, if you can't go, you should be able to transfer your ticket (Up to before the tickets are posted out) for a fee of 20 sterling or something. Everyone wins. Even seetickets.

Good luck next year folks. I hope ye all get them...... I mean, after me, obviously :)

Did ANYONE get tickets in the resale?

I am not going this year but the group that I would usually pool with managed to get tickets for the few who couldn't get them in the original sale. The success rate of the group is staggeringly high.

• Advertisement

I'm adding my name to oxfam volunteer shortlist for 2020. If we fail at getting tickets in october I'll just do that instead. Not arsed with this resale sh!te.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Wooderson

I'm adding my name to oxfam volunteer shortlist for 2020. If we fail at getting tickets in october I'll just do that instead. Not arsed with this resale sh!te.

The resale is absolute garbage, agreed mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Do you reckon that is one of the better ones to apply for? ..I had a quick glance at this last week and was thinking Wateraid could be a handy number..until i saw that they have a toilet cleaning section..now i could deal with this maybe for an hour a day max but knowing my luck id be brought to those horrific long drops at the back of the glade just off the railway track i think in pennards and handed a bucket and mop..well the thoughts of that and past memories of what lurks in there changed my mind pretty quick!

Yeah gluck to wateraid. But id do oxfam stewarding no problem. It's 3 shifts so you have 2 free days no matter what.

Also, The Shangri La lineup is out :D

SL_TRUTH_FINAL.png

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Yeah gluck to wateraid. But id do oxfam stewarding no problem. It's 3 shifts so you have 2 free days no matter what.

Yeah 3 shifts only and 2 free days sounds good to me too..must look at the others aswell and see whats on offer in case the golden ticket gods are against us! A few gems in that shangrila announcement..the prodigy dj set/keith flint appreciation hour and Idles will be rammed, Denzel Curry and Gojira must sees for me and Elvana( Elvis fronted Nirvana) for the laughs..of course hoping these are all on thursday night:D

Elvana sound mental, the whole announcement is mental. That Idles set is going to cause serious overcrowding if its at 2 or 3am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Also, The Shangri La lineup is out :D

SL_TRUTH_FINAL.png

plus the others in Shangri-La:

8d3eJHn.png

srUYb44.png

Elvana sound mental, the whole announcement is mental. That Idles set is going to cause serious overcrowding if its at 2 or 3am.
    D5f5oqHWAAMnulS.jpg:large

Is the SCUM stage going to be bigger than the tube carriage they had the last time?

A quick look at the map and it looks like yes, but still a small area.

Common and Glade areas:

Common-2019-Final-Assets_WEBSITE-V2-1.png

Glade-Stage-2019-Web-Poster-1.jpg

Spaceport-2019-Web-poster.jpg

Glade-Lounge-2019-Web-Poster.jpg

The-Spike-2019-web-Poster-1.jpg

• Advertisement

new map with a few changes, including a new 15,000 capacity stage going into the second field of the bigger Block9 area

https://cdn.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Webmap-2019-v3-.png

Webmap-2019-v3-.png

comparison with previous version a few weeks ago:
    8lLU8Gr.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Read the past few pages about advice and didn't notice the most important one but please forgive me if its been mentioned already but it does bear repeating.

USE THE LOCK UPS!!! What we normally do is have cash, daily budget in envelopes. So one per day. go to the lock ups and use it like a cash machine. We also keep a contingency for just in case. Usually about £250 in total and I drink a lot at the bars and buy stuff from stalls etc. Always gone home with change. Your mileage may differ so if you're a bit broke check out the Hare Krishna free food or if you're splashing check out the cocktail van with the birdcage on top in the theatre and circus fields. Can't remember the exact location but beside the glastonbury press. Or mix it up if your middling. A good time will be had by all with a smile. :D
    Just to add, the lock ups can store anything from an envelope to a bike or wheelbarrow. Manned 24 hours and the safest place to leave your car keys and if traveling your passport. If you look under 21 you can show id and get a wristband to prove over 21 without having to show id all the time.

Try the food away from the pyramid. this applies to the loos as well. The further from the pointy thing the better everything becomes.

Have fun on the farm. <3

i'm sure veterans have seen Barbster360's videos on youtube before, but this is a good preview/sneak peak for newbies (and to build excitement for people who have been before :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

59842816_2311578682198883_9075620858315145216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=882956af930b3a65276fb34e643f6d2e&oe=5D70296F

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Wooderson

The Nal wrote: »
    59842816_2311578682198883_9075620858315145216_n.jpg?_nc_cat=108&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1.xx&oh=882956af930b3a65276fb34e643f6d2e&oe=5D70296F

Nice variation there between the short and long.

Im definitely going to try and see Jungle, been loving their last album recently. Also Jon Hopkins will probably be my friday headliner. Saturday night is looking like Jungle on West Holts and then a choice between Hot Chip or Chemical Brothers. Maybe Chems as the stage is closer. Looks like I'll be solo at night once again, my group will defo be going to The Killers and don't even know who Jon Hopkins is! Getting excited now that we can kinda start planning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Is there any bands/acts missing from the line ups so far that people thought would definitely be there but are so far missing from the announcements? ?

I thought Gerry Cinnamon would be a banker. He's playing London on the Sunday so has the Friday and Saturday free. Also thought Fontaines DC would show up.

Two other small bands I'd like to see there are The Fernweh and She drew the gun

Foals. A guy on efestivals that has provided accurate info in the past says they are playing but he didn't say where. Some people think they might do an unannounced set on john peel like the killers did in '17. There is a big glasto shaped hole in their tour dates and they play malahide castle just after.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

^ Yep, thought Foals were a shoe-in.

• Advertisement

On that note I would recommend everyone set up something to push tweets from secret glasto to SMS messages in the run up to the weekend. I assume as the festival approaches they'll be sending a few test tweets to help everyone set up. A must of you've any interest in guaranteeing a spot at a secret slot like the killers.

Advertisement