Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

When does the full lineup bill poster come out, is it on Friday?
    The unanswerable question really..

.. just because the Lauren Laverne broadcast is on Friday doesn't necessarily mean it then either.

Keep an eye on Neil on EFests (or GlastoChat) as there does tend to be rumblings the morning of the announcement... there certainly was for the first poster-drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I'm eager to start planning! At the moment its looking like Jon Hopkins on friday and Chem Brothers on saturday for headliners for me anyway. We don't know who the other stage headliner on sunday is.

Well the full lineup and stage time are out but the websites getting hammered so I can’t even see it. https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2019/

Not a tap of work getting done today!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

MadYaker wrote: »
    Well the full lineup and stage time are out but the websites getting hammered so I can’t even see it. https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/the-full-glastonbury-2019-line-up-is-here-with-set-times/

Not a tap of work getting done today!

Heres most of the stages

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/229649-full-line-up/page/2/#comments

Only one major clash for me so far,

Saturday night after Liam Gallagher, either try get to the other stage and see courteeners or head to the Park for Kate Tempest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

any big additions at first glance?

Gerry Cinnamon and lewis capaldi

Fontaines DC on at 3am monday morning in the rabbit hole. What a way to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Ricosruffneck

THE LINE UP IS IMMENSE.

so many hidden away gems.

Nothing really new for me! :(

Friendly Fires and Vampire Weekend is a ball-ache of a clash!

• Advertisement

I won’t be able to go through it properly until I get home from work in a few hours. We have 2 TBC slots it seems. Hopefully one is for foals.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Wooderson

Pleased to hear people are blown away by it. Personally I think it looks shabby enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Beans_On

never been before this year and thus never paid much attention to the different stages and lineup..but looking through the clashfinder, it really has blown me away how much is going on. Incredible really. and really decent names hidden in there too

https://clashfinder.com/s/g2019/?user=0e4lv8.al

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Let's Eat Grandma in The Rabbit Hole at 2.00am on Friday!

Jealous!

Wooderson wrote: »
    Pleased to hear people are blown away by it. Personally I think it looks shabby enough.

The main stages are mostly dull. I don't think I'll be watching a single act on the pyramid this year. Maybe Kylie. But there's loads of great stuff in The Park and Avalon. Also the night late electronic is so so much more varied and just generally better than 2017. I'm happy now. The initial announcement was dull but they've really rescued it with subsequent additions. There' not much I want to see during the day and then after midnight there's loads.

I'm finally home with a beer so I can get stuck into this and start planning. There's so much it's slightly overwhelming.

MadYaker wrote: »
    The main stages are mostly dull. I don't think I'll be watching a single act on the pyramid this year. Maybe Kylie. But there's loads of great stuff in The Park and Avalon. Also the night late electronic is so so much more varied and just generally better than 2017. I'm happy now. The initial announcement was dull but they've really rescued it with subsequent additions. There' not much I want to see during the day and then after midnight there's loads.

I'm finally home with a beer so I can get stuck into this and start planning. There's so much it's slightly overwhelming.

There’s tonnes agreed, but the two main stages are a ****show. The Fri on the Other and the Sat on the Mid. Vile.

Saturday on the pyramid is poor alright. I think they struggled to fill the slots this year and were resorting to 2nd and 3rd choices. It's been the same with lots of festivals.

So far my friday night is looking like Leon Vynehall at beat hotel > Jon Hopkins on WH > Palms Trax in beat hotel. Saturday night will probably be Jungle on west holts and then Chemical Brothers on the other stage. That's as far as I've gotten :pac:

Also Carl Cox in the glade at half 2 in the afternoon on saturday should be good if we can get near it.

As someone who wouldn't be overly enthused by tbe SE corner it looks a little light.

If I was going there's still plenty I'd be happy to see but there's very little there to get overly excited about.

Luckily Glastonbury isn't all about the line up so there's more than enough fun to be had.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

ryaner777 wrote: »
    Fontaines DC on at 3am monday morning in the rabbit hole. What a way to finish.

I'm not making any promises for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

S.M.B. wrote: »
    As someone who wouldn't be overly enthused by tbe SE corner it looks a little light.

If I was going there's still plenty I'd be happy to see but there's very little there to get overly excited about.

Luckily Glastonbury isn't all about the line up so there's more than enough fun to be had.

If its not about the line up,what is it about? That is what it's about for me. I'm excited about going but as mentioned, pyramid stage is disappointing

• Advertisement

It reminds me of the much pilloried 2007/2008 line ups. Booking team in 3rd gear.

declanleo wrote: »
    If its not about the line up,what is it about? That is what it's about for me. I'm excited about going but as mentioned, pyramid stage is disappointing
    "not all about the lineup" as opposed to "not about the lineup". Might seem like semantics but all I'm saying is that there's more to Glastonbury than going to a long list of bands you've penciled in before hand.

I still would expect ~10 acts I'd like to see over the course of the weekend and ideally have 2/3 slots that would be difficult to replicate the experience outside of Glastonbury. Not sure if this year's line up delivers on the latter unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,765 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Festivals worldwide are meh this year. This Glasto has been put together with a band aid but its still better than any other fest out there.

Just drink more booze.

Just arrived today.. solid €9 spend! :D

received-2349632955281351.jpg

Hahaa you absolute legend :pac:

wg953.jpg

Was Williams Green not part of the initial line up announcement?

^ It was, but a separate poster is cool nonetheless.

Fontaines DC really are getting around for it! :pac:

Thought it was odd that Let's Eat Grandma were only playing the Rabbit Hole. Hadn't seen the above stage line up at all. Some other decent stuff there.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Wondering did anyone have any luck with any sort of pre paid credit cards for booking Glastonbury? My credit card expires this month and I don’t want a new one, but I don’t know how else to book Glastonbury for next year. I tried a Revolut Visa card (as these are registered in the U.K.) to pay off the ticket balance but it wouldn’t let me as my registered postal address was Ireland.

• Advertisement

S.M.B. wrote: »
    Hadn't seen the above stage line up at all. Some other decent stuff there.
    William's Green is a great little venue.. saw Frightened Rabbit play an amazing show there in '16.. but BE WARNED: it will be absolutely RAMMED on the Thursday.

Especially as it does often have secret sets - Bastille and Wolf Alice have both done secrets shows there in the last few years.
    Wondering did anyone have any luck with any sort of pre paid credit cards for booking Glastonbury? My credit card expires this month and I don’t want a new one, but I don’t know how else to book Glastonbury for next year. I tried a Revolut Visa card (as these are registered in the U.K.) to pay off the ticket balance but it wouldn’t let me as my registered postal address was Ireland.
    No, prepaid cards definitely don't work as far as I know. They're all debit cards - and they specifically indicate only credit cards for international orders.

Advertisement