Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Wondering did anyone have any luck with any sort of pre paid credit cards for booking Glastonbury? My credit card expires this month and I don’t want a new one, but I don’t know how else to book Glastonbury for next year. I tried a Revolut Visa card (as these are registered in the U.K.) to pay off the ticket balance but it wouldn’t let me as my registered postal address was Ireland.

You'll have to keep the credit card I think. Nothing else seems to work.

My ticket arrived today and its exactly 3 weeks until gates open :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

I’m working with Oxfam this year & heading over Monday - anyone else volunteering this year??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Anyone making any specific mud-related plans given the wet weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Simona1986 wrote: »
    giphy.gif

• Advertisement

Simona1986 wrote: »

Like what? We have no idea what the weather is going to be.

There's no point even looking at forecasts until this time next week.

I've done feck all prep to be honest work has been mental. I've bought everything I need which wasn't much and I've booked all the buses n stuff. I'm still digging into the lineup and there's still very little on during the day that interests me but thats ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

MadYaker wrote: »
    Like what? We have no idea what the weather is going to be.

There's no point even looking at forecasts until this time next week.

I've done feck all prep to be honest work has been mental. I've bought everything I need which wasn't much and I've booked all the buses n stuff. I'm still digging into the lineup and there's still very little on during the day that interests me but thats ok.

I dunno, any tips and tricks for surviving the mud from 2016 say?
    Any way to avoid being stuck in the car park or campervan fields for 12 hours would be great!

Regardless of the forecast the ground will likely be fairly soft at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I’m working with Oxfam this year & heading over Monday - anyone else volunteering this year??

I'm heading to work the pre-event for Body&Soul Festival, have a great festival dude, excited myself too. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Alkers wrote: »
    I dunno, any tips and tricks for surviving the mud from 2016 say?
    Any way to avoid being stuck in the car park or campervan fields for 12 hours would be great!

Regardless of the forecast the ground will likely be fairly soft at this rate.

If you're driving and it's like 2016 be prepared for loooong waits. I was glad we were on the bus in 16, we just had to wait in bristol for hours.

Apart from that I didn't find the mud too bad but you'd swear it was the apocalypse listening to some people. Bring wellies or boots with gaiters if its looking like a total washout. And more booze.

Ms Lauryn Hill has been added to my list. Anyone else listening to her? Serious talent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Any update on weather yet?

Not going to Glasto but Powderham Castle down the road same day the Sat, 80s festival with Thomas Dolby and China Crisis.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's been raining basically everyday in the South West for what seems like a couple of weeks now, can't remember when I last saw a sunny day.

The ground will be very soft unless you get loads of sun now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

On going updates on the state of the ground from people on site

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/229786-the-state-of-the-ground/page/56/#comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43,884 ✭✭✭✭Basq

robinph wrote: »
    The ground will be very soft unless you get loads of sun now.
    Reports on site say otherwise. from yesterday evening:

I've never seen such changeable weather forecasts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Looks like we'll have at least some showers during the week. Hopefully those forcasted thunder storms happen on Sunday/Monday if they must.

Either way I'm sure we'll all have the waterproofs with us so should be well able to handle whatever weather arrives.

They only thing I'd be worried about is changing your camping spots if you intend to set up at the bottom of a hill.

The excitement is building up nicely.

Pictures and videos from the site around now will always make it look lovely and dry but add 200,000 people and it’s a different story. There isn’t much point looking at forecasts yet anyway, it might give us a vague idea of Wednesday and thursday but regardless you have to bring a raincoat and wellies. I’m not fussed about the weather I just want to get there now.

It is looking well though

OtuvEZV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Northernsoul

Latest reports showing high 20’s and possibly in to the 30’s on some days. It’s deffo going to warm, with an occasional thunderstorm - I might even leave the wellies at home & just bring army boots. I’m volunteering with Oxfam, where are you people camping??

You're a braver man than me if you leave the wellies at home. On wednesday morning if every single weather forecast I can find tells me its gong to be a scorcher for the whole week I might consider leaving them at home. It was annoying lugging them over and back for no reason in 2017.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Forecasts are starting to look a whole lot better, maybe too warm!!!

Jealous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Wooderson

You're a braver man than me if you leave the wellies at home. On wednesday morning if every single weather forecast I can find tells me its gong to be a scorcher for the whole week I might consider leaving them at home. It was annoying lugging them over and back for no reason in 2017.

This. People who leave wellies at home are a bit mad. 2005 i fell asleep in the shadow of the New Bands tent stoned off my bin like a lion on the savannah. 8 hours later that spot was 1.5 feet under water.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Sean Paul just self announced he's the Saturday night John Peel secret headliner.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

If you're driving and it's like 2016 be prepared for loooong waits. I was glad we were on the bus in 16, we just had to wait in bristol for hours.

Apart from that I didn't find the mud too bad but you'd swear it was the apocalypse listening to some people. Bring wellies or boots with gaiters if its looking like a total washout. And more booze.

You on the aer lingus Thursday flight midday?

ryaner777 wrote: »
    On going updates on the state of the ground from people on site

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/229786-the-state-of-the-ground/page/56/#comments

Bring the suncream

Latest reports showing high 20’s and possibly in to the 30’s on some days. It’s deffo going to warm, with an occasional thunderstorm - I might even leave the wellies at home & just bring army boots. I’m volunteering with Oxfam, where are you people camping??

We're going to pennard hill as far as i know. 6 of the gang going in Wednesday at 7 to set up all the tents.

declanleo wrote: »
    You on the aer lingus Thursday flight midday?

Sorry man that should say Tuesday, I'm flying out wednesday 6am

Sorry man that should say Tuesday, I'm flying out wednesday 6am

I'm still struggling with the idea of 4nights camping

declanleo wrote: »
    I'm still struggling with the idea of 4nights camping

You not been before? :D You'll be grand. Buy a decent air mattress.

You not been before? :D You'll be grand. Buy a decent air mattress.

I've done 13 picnics,well equipped at this stage. Be grand. Just worried about finding stages in time for gigs

• Advertisement

Ah you'll be absolutely grand so you'll have a ball.

Advertisement