Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Handy breakdown of times getting from one stage to another attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭declanleo

MadYaker wrote: »

Looking good on Bbc, Accu and Yr which is normally spot on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

How good is the programme / booklet you get with your entry?
    What is a good map / timetable to print, both to have at camp and carry on your person?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭S.M.B.

Programme is great but I would tuck it away for after the festival. You should get a lanyard with all the details you need to wear around your neck. That combined with the mobile app is all you really need.

• Advertisement

The program is big A4 magazine and a nice thing to keep so id leave it in the tent, got loads of info on all the bands and areas etc. The lanyard is basically the same as the one you can buy at EP. The site is well sign posted but if its your first year you will be getting lost, but thats part of the fun tbh. Its my third and ill still get lost. Save a high res image of the map on your phone and use the EE app.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

It's bucketing it down in Bristol this morning. The weekend might end up being a hot one overall, but you are going to get muddy getting into the site as this won't dry up before then.

I'd normally be already on the drive down to Shepton to meet some mates in the pub and wait for the campervan fields to open, but instead I'm just preparing a bucket of mud to stick my feet in whilst sat on the sofa for the weekend and watching on telly. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

robinph wrote: »
    It's bucketing it down in Bristol this morning. The weekend might end up being a hot one overall, but you are going to get muddy getting into the site as this won't dry up before then.

I'd normally be already on the drive down to Shepton to meet some mates in the pub and wait for the campervan fields to open, but instead I'm just preparing a bucket of mud to stick my feet in whilst sat on the sofa for the weekend and watching on telly. :(

Sorry to hear that robinph but thanks for the update

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

Flying over today..decided to take a pillow instead of wellies because of limited space..will be keeping a close eye on the state of the ground reports as we wont be leaving bristol till mid morning tomorrow by the time we do our supermarket run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

robinph wrote: »

I've only been the once, 2015, and haven't had the luck of getting a ticket since. I'm feeling the FOMO today so I can only imagine what you're going through!

• Advertisement

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I've only been the once, 2015, and haven't had the luck of getting a ticket since. I'm feeling the FOMO today so I can only imagine what you're going through!

Time to start volunteering for a ticket so.

I fly out today too, just packing all my crap into my rucksack. I'm honestly tempted to ditch the wellies even though I know it's madness. Can't wait now :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

Time to start volunteering for a ticket so.

I fly out today too, just packing all my crap into my rucksack. I'm honestly tempted to ditch the wellies even though I know it's madness. Can't wait now :cool:
    not going this year unfortunately, but I got through 2016 in walking boots, so definitely wouldn't bother with wellies this year. All the current indications are a completely dry festival, and pretty warm. ground hasn't been soaked for the last 2 weeks+ like in 2016, so mud should be fairly minimal.

I don't own walking boots so its runners or wellies. I've managed to fit the wellies into my rucksack along with everything else so they're coming! My rucksack weighs 18kg fully loaded :( That's with no drink!

Sad to hear you're not going, I hope you have something else lined up!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

I'm currently getting my camping gear together in preparation for a 24 hour run around a potentially muddy field. As I'll be running the tent will be of limited use other than to store food each time I run past it.

But going in circles around a muddy field, wearing glowsticks, constantly on the munchies, talking nonsense to yourself and any trees that you pass, and not getting any sleep is basically the same as Glastonbury, isn't it? :D

I don't own walking boots so its runners or wellies. I've managed to fit the wellies into my rucksack along with everything else so they're coming! My rucksack weighs 18kg fully loaded :( That's with no drink!

just ATN and a few gigs at the moment. very jealous of you all heading over, have a brilliant time! :D

the secret/unannounced sets are being collected here for anyone that might find it hard to keep track:
    https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230164-secret-setstbas-2019/

big ones so far seem to be Vampire Weekend opening The Park stage on Saturday morning, and Foals playing there on Saturday evening.

On Irish Ferries Rosslare - Pembroke currently, ferry is absolutely dead, I'd say less than 10% of capacity. No one else on board looks like potential Glasto contenders but it's our first time so we might not be the best at identifying them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭aka accounts 2010

Alkers wrote: »
    On Irish Ferries Rosslare - Pembroke currently, ferry is absolutely dead, I'd say less than 10% of capacity. No one else on board looks like potential Glasto contenders but it's our first time so we might not be the best at identifying them!

We were on the 8.45am sailing with Irish Ferries to Pembroke. A nice few fellow Glasto folk on board.

We arrived at West Campervan Field earlier this evening. Currently set up, having a few drinks.

Big crowd in already. We arrived at 7.30pm in 2017 and were in the first field. Arrived earlier tonight but in field two due to crowd already here.

We were on the 8.45am sailing with Irish Ferries to Pembroke. A nice few fellow Glasto folk on board.

We arrived at West Campervan Field earlier this evening. Currently set up, having a few drinks.

Big crowd in already. We arrived at 7.30pm in 2017 and were in the first field. Arrived earlier tonight but in field two due to crowd already here.
    Good stuff, that was our aim but some of our crew had to work today so hadn't much of an option! Looking like 5am ish arrival for us without traffic...

We're west also, didn't realise there was a second field that side also, looks much smaller than east on the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,772 ✭✭✭Bsal

Enjoy the great weather guys

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭dmm82

Was lucky enough to get tickets in 2017, utterly devastated not to get them this time round. I'm not going to lie, I shed a little tear watching the video of Michael Eavis opening the gates to the festival :(
    Have a ball everyone, it really is the most magical few days.

Just got a copy of this years festival program posted through the letter box. Not that I normally even bother looking at it and it just gets dumped at the bottom of a bag, but it will give me something to read whilst sat on the sofa drinking cider for the weekend. :)

Enjoy everyone. I WILL be back.

I can’t believe it’s another scorcher, chilling at the cider bus with a nice cold cider. What time to be alive! :) It’s warm but manageable, the site looks amazing I’ll post some pics if the internet here can manage it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭4Ad

For everone who's there enjoy yourselves..

Not a bit Jealous ..

Cider in the sun.....

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭Vudgie

Am I right in saying that the online stream is only available in the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Unless you use a VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Chelon

Pretty much regretting the decision not to investigate the volunteer options right now, maybe the weather something to do with that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Enjoy everyone!its on my bucket list

Looking forward to the post Mortem when yeve recovered!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Acosta

Vudgie wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that the online stream is only available in the UK?

If you have a sky box you can tune in the red button. Not as good as having the iplayer, but it's better than nothing.

Advertisement