Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭cashback

Decuc500 wrote: »
    I dont get Tame Impala. Very bland pop music. All I heard was a keyboard and high pitched singing. I mean there appeared to be a guitar player in the band.

All very bland and safe and boring but hey, great light show.

Wow, I don't even know much of Tame Impala apart from one or two songs. But The Less I Know The Better has a claim to be one of the greatest songs of the decade.

Never heard them described as safe or boring tbh, though I haven't caught the Glastonbury set yet.

I did really enjoy Fontaines DC set, been a while since we've had an Irish band make an impression on the likes of Glastonbury. Twitter seemed quite split about their performance but they're definitely not for everyone.

Interpol were Interpol, and that's fine for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The weather looks amazing there, like the Friday and Saturday at Body&Soul.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

Stormzy stands out from the pack because todays hip-hop talent pool is at an all time low. He'd be lucky to see a record contract 20 years ago. He has absolutely no talent as a hip-hop artist.

Most of that crowd probably never heard a Blackalcious or Kool Keith album in their lives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Decuc500

cashback wrote: »
    Wow, I don't even know much of Tame Impala apart from one or two songs. But The Less I Know The Better has a claim to be one of the greatest songs of the decade.

Never heard them described as safe or boring tbh, though I haven't caught the Glastonbury set yet.

I did really enjoy Fontaines DC set, been a while since we've had an Irish band make an impression on the likes of Glastonbury. Twitter seemed quite split about their performance but they're definitely not for everyone.

Interpol were Interpol, and that's fine for me.

Tame Impala are like punk and alternative rock never happened and rock music went straight from ELO to now. Mind you I quite like ELO.

I just think Tame Impala have no spark or character and I don't like that psyche/prog rock sound that seems to be back in vogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭Heiser

MadYaker wrote: »
    Jon Hopkins was amazing! The sound system on west holts is such a monster. Most people I’ve talked to seem to have enjoyed Stormzy, maybe it came across differently on TV. Internet seems better now, I’ll try post some pics. Was anyone else at John Digweed on the glade on Thursday? One of the best sets I’ve ever been at, hilarious crowd of proper old skool ravers at it, I was the youngest by about 20 years.

I got to watch half the Jon Hopkins set on BBC iPlayer and then the stream failed but **** me it was incredible. I got as far as Open Eye Signal and it was mesmerising. His full set is on the BBC iplayer now so will watch that later with a smoke before the chemical brothers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The Glade looking good!
    have you been to IICON yet, or the new Cave/waterfall venue? pictures look great from it.

Tonight! 😈 Monika Kruse in the temple 4 - 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Thanks for the updates madyaker....you are the bodhrandude of Glastonbury :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

I like Tame Impala well enough, its pretty toothless pop though & the world is full of amazing pop so they quickly get boring, some nice tunes.

The biggest gripe i have with them is that much of their sound is rooted in Dungen. Dungen make lush, romantic music. Tame Impala's attitude seems to be "lets junk all the AFX, folk, hiphop, jazz bits in Dungen & water down the psyche".

Jon Hopkins was great. Low are playing this evening, should be great also.

BBC red button showing lots of guff from yesterday, Lumineers, Tom Odell, George Ezra. yuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

I like Tame Impala well enough, its pretty toothless pop though & the world is full of amazing pop so they quickly get boring, some nice tunes.

The biggest gripe i have with them is that much of their sound is rooted in Dungen. Dungen make lush, romantic music. Tame Impala's attitude seems to be "lets junk all the AFX, folk, hiphop, jazz bits in Dungen & water down the psyche".

Jon Hopkins was great. Low are playing this evening, should be great also.

BBC red button showing lots of guff from yesterday, Lumineers, Tom Odell, George Ezra. yuck!

Loving the red button coverage from yesterday!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

I changed to eir and my red button had disappeared.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Yesterday's sunset at the John Peel
    483948.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Tame Impala killer:filler ratio is awful.

Less I know the better
    Let it happen
    Elephant
    Feels like we only go backwards

All amazing songs, anything else is quite bland and samey to my ears.

The live show adds some flavour I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Jon Hopkins sounded very generic last night, but all his stuff since Immunity has been more or less the same.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭THEDONWALDO

Charlatans were excellent, as was Maggie Rogers. Hozier was pure sh!t..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,212 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I thought Hozier sounded good, the crowd loved it. The sound on the pyramid seems better to me this year. I caught a bit of Sigrid on the other stage while walking past, not my thing but she sounded good. Foals up on the park was completely rammo, couldn’t really get near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

MadYaker wrote: »
    I thought Hozier sounded good, the crowd loved it. The sound on the pyramid seems better to me this year. I caught a bit of Sigrid on the other stage while walking past, not my thing but she sounded good. Foals up on the park was completely rammo, couldn’t really get near it.

Sigrid is on BBC now, sounds good.

They (Edith and the guy) were saying foals drew the biggest crowd they've seen in the park

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Sigrid is on BBC now, sounds good.

They (Edith and the guy) were saying foals drew the biggest crowd they've seen in the park

Just watched her there! Love her tbh. She was brill at ep last year. Watching low now...gorge

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

Foals will presumably headline the festival in the next few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Usually early October

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Bet Noel is hating seeing Liam's resurgence.

Jesus Janet Jackson is awful

Rfrip wrote: »
    Jesus Janet Jackson is awful

Is she miming?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Is she miming?

It looks like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If Janet Jackson was doing a gig in my front lawn I'd sit out in the back lawn.
    Because she's shyte.

Is she miming?

I’m trying to work out what’s actually going on....can you be miming and be out of tune at the same time...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Sound is brutal

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Is "Nasty Boy" about Michael?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,707 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Neneh Cherry is cat as well. Half baked soul

• Advertisement

Ally Dick wrote: »
    Neneh Cherry is cat as well. Half baked soul

7 seconds a' waiting

Advertisement