Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glastonbury 2019

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

BadTurtle wrote: »
    That Miley Cyrus song with her dad and the rapper was like a Lonely Island piss take. Did they write that ironically? Two styles of music that are almost diametrically opposed.

You're a bit out of touch mate. That song, which was written by 'the rapper' has been number one in the billboard hot 100 for 3 months, #1 on hip hop chart, #1 on country chart.

And the whole point of it is to mashup the two styles, duh.

Anyway, both Cure and Janelle killed it. Wishing I went to the Cure now at Malahide instead of Lana del rey.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

hill16bhoy wrote: »
    I'd love them to throw in The Hanging Garden or something even more funereal right at the end for the buzz.

The Drowning Man, just for the craic.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

He's just the most adorable man!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭The Noble Nudge

One more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭fiveleavesleft

Haha janelle monae started digging up the field during her set:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭squawker

great stuff, Robert Smith looked embarrassed and flattered at the end of that

well done, I loved every minute of that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

The Drowning Man, just for the craic.
    All Cats Are Grey. Send the crowd home contemplating life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

That was very good. I never really listened to The Cure but would have known the radio hits. I liked that.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Thelonious Monk

I thought encores were just standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I thought encores were just standard?

they probably got in an extra song instead of an encore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Absolutely fantastic gig. Best headline act of the week. Brilliant. Note perfect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Always Tired

Christine and the Queens is worth a watch on bbc4 right now if you never seen her, she's an excellent performer, some moves. She seems really cool too, genuine person.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Wasn't a real fan of the cure, but what a voice, great performance and so good I thought he had to be miming, so no bigger compliment

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Christine and the Queens is worth a watch on bbc4 right now if you never seen her, she's an excellent performer, some moves. She seems really cool too, genuine person.

Still miffed at her cancelling literally a minute before doors opened in RDS last year

• Registered Users Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

She's fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,639 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

The song they showed for Christine and the Queens on BBC after The Cure (Girlfriend) - is that song generally her vibe? First ever time I heard her and really enjoyed it. Real 80s vibe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭Dave0301

juke wrote: »
    I think officially there's over 100, there's some backstage venues that are for crew/workers only, and a few venues that don't publicise their schedules in advance.

That's nuts :eek: So want to go next year

I managed to go yesterday for the first time, just for the Saturday.

You really don't appreciate the scale of it until you are there. Amazing experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

The Cure @ The Pyramid (I wanted to be back further than I usually go so I could chill. Normally between sound stages when at pyramid)

484044.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Very good stuff here from Christine and the Queen's. Lovely music.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 yannanevotna

squawker wrote: »
    great stuff, Robert Smith looked embarrassed and flattered at the end of that

well done, I loved every minute of that

Absolutely brilliant! Highlight of the footage on the BBC for me. Such a great band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Now that's how you mime properly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Eir said coverage until 1am but it's over on BBC4. Boooo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭nc6000

Synode wrote: »
    Eir said coverage until 1am but it's over on BBC4. Boooo

Yes, I think they finished early and stuck on Blackadder. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,150 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

BBC finished with clips of the performers and Kylie Minogue playing over them :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Wow! This looks mental, I'd say that was some gig.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

highlight for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭BadTurtle

You're a bit out of touch mate. That song, which was written by 'the rapper' has been number one in the billboard hot 100 for 3 months, #1 on hip hop chart, #1 on country chart.

And the whole point of it is to mashup the two styles, duh.

Yup, huge hit. Just like crazy frog. Its ****ing woeful.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭patmac

Not trying to troll or anything, but usually love Glastonbury but found this years festival (headliners in particular) pretty underwhelming. Stormzy was just shouting, The Killers and The Cure were just average bands. The Chemical Brothers were the stand out gig for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

patmac wrote: »
    Not trying to troll or anything, but usually love Glastonbury but found this years festival (headliners in particular) pretty underwhelming. Stormzy was just shouting, The Killers and The Cure were just average bands. The Chemical Brothers were the stand out gig for me.

Was at an 80s festival not far from Glastonbury on Saturday. Human League and Thomas Dolby almost blew the sky out with their analogue synth sounds.

Came home last night watched some Glasto on the Beeb sorry other than Christine it looked complete rubbish. That Janelle Monae is a spoofer - I've seen her live before - functional dancing, whingeing about Trump, all to hide really mediocre material.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,058 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Well, Glasto 9 done... On airport flyer from Bristol. Hear was a killer on Friday and Saturday but was plenty of water about. Helped me keep my booze consumption down as I just couldn't stomach it in the heat during the day.

Lineup was on the poor side but still enjoyed what I saw. While I'm at too old for Stormzy he put on a great show and really got the crowd going. Chemical brothers were great as was the Cure.

Didn't hi to see Kylie but heard her from the Acoustic while waiting for the bootleg Beatles. Saw a good bit around the Peel.

Roll on 2020.... But first, shower and bed. Apologies to the person I am sitting beside on the flight home. I tried my best.... ��

Advertisement