Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help - cannot get airplay to work for presentation

Options
  • 18-01-2018 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hi lads,

Any help here most appreciated. I bought an apple tv yesterday thinking it would be much easier to make a presentation tonight - just airplay from my ipad onto it and bobs your uncle.

I have now been trying for a day and I cannot get it to work. Flicking up control centre and airplay mirroring works fine. No problems with that. When I play podcasts I can airplay them to apple tv no problem.

But there is no airplay button anywhere I can find in Keynote or powerpoint. When I play a youtube video the airplay icon does appear at the bottom and that works.

But no matter what I try I cannot put a keynote (and btw keynote is a truly awful awful app) up on the apple tv - there is no option to do so.

I can see how radically airplay options are changing from one ios version to another. This is really awful UI design if nothing else.

If I can't get it working in the next half an hour I'm just going to connect a laptop via VGA. So disappointed with all of this.

Cheers,
    Quad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Isn't there a dongle that plays content from ipad to your tv ie prestenation.
    No good to you now obviously.
    I always thought airplay between devices was restricted to audio and video.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Really?

I'm not sure that's true. I can see tutorials online showing airplay being an option in control centre for epson projectors etc. But all i get is screen mirroring.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

quad_red wrote: »
    Hi lads,

Any help here most appreciated. I bought an apple tv yesterday thinking it would be much easier to make a presentation tonight - just airplay from my ipad onto it and bobs your uncle.

I have now been trying for a day and I cannot get it to work. Flicking up control centre and airplay mirroring works fine. No problems with that. When I play podcasts I can airplay them to apple tv no problem.

But there is no airplay button anywhere I can find in Keynote or powerpoint. When I play a youtube video the airplay icon does appear at the bottom and that works.

But no matter what I try I cannot put a keynote (and btw keynote is a truly awful awful app) up on the apple tv - there is no option to do so.

I can see how radically airplay options are changing from one ios version to another. This is really awful UI design if nothing else.

If I can't get it working in the next half an hour I'm just going to connect a laptop via VGA. So disappointed with all of this.

Cheers,
    Quad

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but does the Screen Mirroring option in Control Centre not work?

Advertisement