Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Debt collector given my details in Error by Eir - please rectify this

Options
  • 18-01-2018 1:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

To say I am disgusted is an understatement.

After months of trying to get my account fully closed and paid for starting in August 2017, I have today received a call from a debt collection agency who received my details from Eir.

In August I got a letter from Eir stating I could cancel without penalty by 29th Sept if I didn't want to accept an increase in price for my package. I rang to cancel on the 28th of September, and then service was cut off in the next 2 days. My bill for September was paid for on the 17th of September. On the phone and on Eir online chat and I was told I would not be charged for October as my service was cut off.I have screenshots of this.

However I did get a bill for October 2017 but I was told here on Boards that:As your this bill was issued before your services were ceased, you were charged a month in advance. All of your bills since you have been with us have been issued n advance. You weren't charged any early cancellation charges on your account. When your final bill is issued next month, you will receive a credit for the days that you're charged for on this bill but didn't have active service with us.

So my account was ceased and all my bills were paid in full for the services I used, I also sent back my tv box and router. I canceled my direct debit. But now over 5 months later not only has Eir passed on all my details to this debt collecting company, you have done it in error as I  do not owe any money. 

I want this resolved and do not want to be contacted by a debt collector again.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭eir: Thomas

Craicho5 wrote: »

After months of trying to get my account fully closed and paid for starting in August 2016, I have today received a call from a debt collection agency who received my details from Eir.

In August I got a letter from Eir stating I could cancel without penalty by 29th Sept if I didn't want to accept an increase in price for my package. I rang to cancel on the 28th of September, and then service was cut off in the next 2 days. My bill for September was paid for on the 17th of September. On the phone and on Eir online chat and I was told I would not be charged for October as my service was cut off.I have screenshots of this.

However I did get a bill for October 2016 but I was told here on Boards that:As your this bill was issued before your services were ceased, you were charged a month in advance. All of your bills since you have been with us have been issued n advance. You weren't charged any early cancellation charges on your account. When your final bill is issued next month, you will receive a credit for the days that you're charged for on this bill but didn't have active service with us.

So my account was ceased and all my bills were paid in full for the services I used, I also sent back my tv box and router. I canceled my direct debit. But now over 5 months later not only has Eir passed on all my details to this debt collecting company, you have done it in error as I  do not owe any money. 

Hi Craicho5,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Craicho5

After months of trying to get my account fully closed and paid for starting in August 2016, I have today received a call from a debt collection agency who received my details from Eir.

However I did get a bill for October 2016 but I was told here on Boards that:As your this bill was issued before your services were ceased, you were charged a month in advance. All of your bills since you have been with us have been issued n advance. You weren't charged any early cancellation charges on your account. When your final bill is issued next month, you will receive a credit for the days that you're charged for on this bill but didn't have active service with us.

Hi Craicho5,

I'm very sorry to hear about the issues you've been having and I apologize for any inconvenience caused. 

Please feel free to PM me your full name and account number, I would be happy to look into this for you.

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

I am still getting calls from Cabot Financial about this even though I was told that I will receive no more correspondence in regards to this.

They called me again Friday, yesterday and again today - this is borderline harassment at this point. Eir need to notify them that I do not owe any money. What is the procedure for this and how can I be sure Eir have done this because I am fed up of this now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi Craicho5,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

I am still getting calls from Cabot Financial about this even though I was told that I will receive no more correspondence in regards to this.

They called me again Friday, yesterday and again today - this is borderline harassment at this point. Eir need to notify them that I do not owe any money. What is the procedure for this and how can I be sure Eir have done this because I am fed up of this now.
    Hi there Craicho5

So sorry to hear about this. Would you mind just sending me a PM with all the information you sent Thomas, please? I will double check everything for you and see what I can do for you from here.

Thank you

-Kyle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

eir: Kyle wrote: »

Hi Craicho5,

Thanks 

Thomas
    Hi Thomas,

Hi there Craicho5

So sorry to hear about this. Would you mind just sending me a PM with all the information you sent Thomas, please? I will double check everything for you and see what I can do for you from here.

Thank you

-Kyle
    Hi there Craicho5

I've responded to your PM there.

Everything's sorted now

-Kyle

Advertisement