Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearance Snn to US VIA YYI

Options
  • 18-01-2018 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭

If i book Shannon to MCO and stop in Toronto, i clear immigration on landing in MCO don’t i.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes, you will not do pre-clearance in Shannon as you are not flying direct to the US.

I'm not sure about Canadian visa requirements for transit passengers, it may be worth checking that. For example if you were flying to Vancouver via Chicago, you would need US ESTA approval to land in Chicago, even if you were only going to be on the ground in O'Hare for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭McSween

coylemj wrote: »
    Yes, you will not do pre-clearance in Shannon as you are not flying direct to the US.

I'm not sure about Canadian visa requirements for transit passengers, it may be worth checking that. For example if you were flying to Vancouver via Chicago, you would need US ESTA approval to land in Chicago, even if you were only going to be on the ground in O'Hare for a couple of hours.

I never even thought about Canadian clearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,438 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

McSween wrote: »
    I never even thought about Canadian clearance.

Do I need a visa if I’m just travelling through Canada on my way to another country?

Most people who travel through Canada need a visitor visa, a transit visa, or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA).

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/eta.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

Toronto has US preclearence, so you will clear there. Be sure to factor that into transfer times.

Advertisement