Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Mortgage interest rate reduction

• 18-01-2018 2:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭

Hi, wonder if someone might enlighten me why my bank , AIB, is now offering me a rate reduction on my interest for my mortgage. It applies for private dwelling house PHD and is related to the loan to value LTV. If my LTV is less than 50% it's reduced to 2.750%, LTV of 50%-80% 2.950%

Am I missing something, it looks suspicious as if they want you to keep quiet and sign up to this. My mortgage wasn't involved in the tracker rate controversy as I signed up for a variable at the time as far as I am aware , much to my loss now. Unless down the road that might change.
    The bank is requesting my signature to avail of this reduction.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭wench

It is legit - they have to review your rate (annually maybe?) and advise you if they have a better rate available that you qualify for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

wench wrote: »
    It is legit - they have to review your rate (annually maybe?) and advise you if they have a better rate available that you qualify for.

Yes I am aware it's legit , just wondering , was never offered this reduction before. I am 15 years into my 25 year mortgage

Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Have you had a LTV mortgage before ? If so they won’t allow you to get the new lower rate.

I took out my mortgage in 2012 at 92%, my LTV is now 30% they won’t let me get the <50%. Rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭draiochtanois

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 476 ✭✭jntsnk

ted1 wrote: »
    Have you had a LTV mortgage before ? If so they won’t allow you to get the new lower rate.

I took out my mortgage in 2012 at 92%, my LTV is now 30% they won’t let me get the <50%. Rate

Not sure, just never received this before.
    LTV is about 30%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Notoldorwise

Read the conditions attached to your AIB mortgage. Some have a clause that entitles the holder to the option of a tracker rate after ANY fixed rate period ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I must go and have a read!!

Advertisement