Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chicken wings recipe

Options
  • 18-01-2018 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Am having a few folk over on Saturday and would like to do some chicken wings/drum sticks with a blue cheese dip.

Personally i like em hot but i should probably exercise caution. Can anyone suggest a recipe or two for the wings and the dip.

(will accept recipes for spicey ones too):pac:

Thanks

I should say I'm doing slow cooked spare ribs with BBQ sauce so maybe something other than BBQ wings.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There was a chicken wings megathread that ran for years, but I think we're ready for a new one :)

Here are a couple of recipes from the Cooking Club:

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057035668
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057261582

Gloomtastic! posted a great recipe recently too: https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=104558556&postcount=1410

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

I usually boil my chicken wings for about 5 mins. Dust them in Cornstarch and then cook 1 of three ways.

1. Deep Fry (beautiful)
    2. Air Fry
    3. Oven them

This makes them crispy. While they are cooking. I get Franks red hot sauce and butter, heat them and stir them together and coat the wings in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

You say wings/drumsticks. I typically buy thighs these days, you can check out packets, some have huge monsters, some are small -as you pay by weight you get a load more small ones, and they can be a handy size. I find the small ones best as I find them less fiddly than wings, just left with a single bone and I scoff almost every other scrap of them.

If you buy complete wings you might have do deal with the tips, some make stock etc. In aldi they now do fully butchered wings, i.e. no tips, just the "wingette" and "drumette" and they are a reasonable price. Any other supermarket who cuts it into "buffalo wing" size bits usually douse it in crappy sauce and charge a fortune per kilo.

In the airfryer I often do them at a much lower temp first, to cook and render off the fat. Then take out and turn up high to preheat and then finish them. I expect similar can be done in a regular oven. Some will boil or steam but I feel this is diluting out the chicken taste, some might collect it as stock. Steaming/boiling is cooking at about 100C, I just do this in my airfryer which I feel mimics the effect -but does not get rid of flavour, as it is not diluted out but rather concentrated in the meat as they dry out slightly.

Advertisement