Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opening a residential care unit

Options
  • 18-01-2018 4:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi all, I'm working in the healthcare sector for the last 2 years. I own my own home in the southwest of Ireland and want to convert this to a residential unit for young adults with disabilities. Where do I start? Who do I go to first? I have been looking into this for quite a while now but have found information hard to come by. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Mickiemcfist

keving34 wrote: »
    Hi all, I'm working in the healthcare sector for the last 2 years. I own my own home in the southwest of Ireland and want to convert this to a residential unit for young adults with disabilities. Where do I start? Who do I go to first? I have been looking into this for quite a while now but have found information hard to come by. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No experience in it myself, but have you called the HSE? Presumably they'd be the first stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 keving34

No experience in it myself, but have you called the HSE? Presumably they'd be the first stop.

Thanks Mick... yes I've emailed them and just waiting on a reply. I also emailed HIQA..

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭LLcoolJ27

Hi,
    This is a really good idea. I would start by speaking to the HSE and Rehab care.
    When do you expect to start this new venture?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Have you planning permission applied for for change of use for your premises?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 872 ✭✭✭martyoo

Hi Kevin,

Think it's a good idea and certainly in demand. Will it be used for respite as well? All the best with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement