Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Armagh 5k (15th Feb) fields announced - Callum Hawkins selected for Scotland

Options
  • 18-01-2018 5:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Looks like it's shaping up to be a cracker this year.

Callum Hawkins is set to lead the Scottish team, while John Travers is the lead man for the Irish team

Ulster and Northern Ireland Teams

Irish Teams

Scottish Teams

Haven't been able to find annoucement Welsh or English teams but shaping up to be a cracker. For anyone who has managed to avoid my log and me banging on about this one before this is arguably the most competitive (from 1st to last) 5km in the world with a strict sub 16 time needed just to qualify.

There is an open 3k for all levels which gets good numbers as well as numerous kids races in the build up. Well worth attending if you are around the area.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,641 ✭✭✭✭28064212

with a strict sub 16 time needed just to qualify.
    Bastards. Was 17 minutes last year, was all set for it :o Of course I missed a big chunk of training at the end of last year, so no way I would have been in shape for it anyway

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Testosterscone

28064212 wrote: »
    Bastards. Was 17 minutes last year, was all set for it :o Of course I missed a big chunk of training at the end of last year, so no way I would have been in shape for it anyway

Haha yeah surprised me to (Even managed to PB this year but it wasn't enough as was still 15 seconds shy of the new standard)

Have to say though I do have respect for them for promoting higher standards and giving us mid packers something to work towards as it's a great race to be part of and one of those where people are so well bunched that you never really get isolated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Haha yeah surprised me to (Even managed to PB this year but it wasn't enough as was still 15 seconds shy of the new standard)

Have to say though I do have respect for them for promoting higher standards and giving us mid packers something to work towards as it's a great race to be part of and one of those where people are so well bunched that you never really get isolated.

Yes, I'm pretty sure I'd be totally bunched after about 800 metres.

Advertisement