Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hyundai Kona EV pre orders open

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    and it troll time.....

The thing is, he has a point. I described the switchgear and the screen as Fisher-Price when I tested the Kona. I had a look at the Kona in England last week, it just felt better inside with the bigger screen, HUD and darker interior. The switches were the same, but looked better too in the darker colour.

Hyundai Ireland have pulled a fast one with the Kona EV, and I hope it turns around to bite them in the ass, long term.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Sorry but every week or so it is same thing....poster comes in. Has same old opinions....electric is crap, diesel till I die, all the cars are s**t etc etc etc

Slag off electric for a few posts and then heads for the hills. So far I haven't seen any different in your posts.

Electric is certainly not crap at all it’s just at the beginning of its journey that’s all.

It’s totally the future no doubt about it just not ready for all areas of the market if that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

TCP/IP wrote: »
    Electric is certainly not crap at all it’s just at the beginning of its journey that’s all.

It’s totally the future no doubt about it just not ready for all areas of the market if that makes sense.

True, it is not ready for all areas of the market and I have always said lack of selection is a pain problem

But if you are in a different end of market then why post on a Kona thread? it's not like the 20k Petrol Kona is a magnificent car and the electric is crapped compared to it. It is the opposite.

If you really are in that high market, why even open a Kona thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭spakman

The thing is, he has a point. I described the switchgear and the screen as Fisher-Price when I tested the Kona. I had a look at the Kona in England last week, it just felt better inside with the bigger screen, HUD and darker interior. The switches were the same, but looked better too in the darker colour.

Hyundai Ireland have pulled a fast one with the Kona EV, and I hope it turns around to bite them in the ass, long term.

The darker interior is available in Ireland too. The light interior just comes with the white and dark grey exterior - the others come with dark interior.

spakman wrote: »
    The darker interior is available in Ireland too. The light interior just comes with the white and dark grey exterior - the others come with dark interior.

Yes, but that's not going to help with the tiny screen, lack of HUD and the many other items of spec that have been taken away.

• Advertisement

Yes, but that's not going to help with the tiny screen, lack of HUD and the many other items of spec that have been taken away.

No it won't, I was just responding to your comment on the interior colour.
    I think the screen is 1" smaller btw, but the surround isn't as nice as higher-spec.

It's been said a few times. The Kona is targetted at the nonEVdrivers.

People driving older combustion cars who a screen of any sort would be a massive leap forward. Take earlier posts on here with someone moving from a 06 Jeep I think it was and it was stepping into Starship Enterprise

Tiny screen because it is 7" instead of 8" is a bit of an over exaggeration.

Im no fan of the Kona, I wouldn't buy one but we need to get a small bit of perspective on it. It's a car, a good car. Ireland has had paddy spec for 30 years now. Hyundai are ahead of the curve in terms of a long range BEV so they are going to charge extra for it.....I dont see an issue with that....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Kona EV got 5 out of 5 stars in the recent Top Gear review. That says a lot. It's expensive, but Hyundai can sell every single one of them at a high price and for those who missed out, the waiting list is a year

Why would Hyundai ask less money for it? Why make it better equipped (for free) when the car sells as is?

unkel wrote: »
    Kona EV got 5 out of 5 stars in the recent Top Gear review. That says a lot. It's expensive, but Hyundai can sell every single one of them at a high price and for those who missed out, the waiting list is a year

Why would Hyundai ask less money for it? Why make it better equipped (for free) when the car sells as is?

Yeah, I know. I'm just massively disappointed that they took the guts out of it for the Irish market. It would have been a great replacement for the Ioniq, and now I have to hope that Kia don't pull the same stroke with the Niro.

I understand what Hyundai are up to and business is business, but it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I hate to see our near neighbours getting a better deal than us. They could at least have offered the choice to pay extra for the spec that the other EU countries got.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭bonoman66

It's been said a few times. The Kona is targetted at the nonEVdrivers.

People driving older combustion cars who a screen of any sort would be a massive leap forward. Take earlier posts on here with someone moving from a 06 Jeep I think it was and it was stepping into Starship Enterprise

Tiny screen because it is 7" instead of 8" is a bit of an over exaggeration.

Im no fan of the Kona, I wouldn't buy one but we need to get a small bit of perspective on it. It's a car, a good car. Ireland has had paddy spec for 30 years now. Hyundai are ahead of the curve in terms of a long range BEV so they are going to charge extra for it.....I dont see an issue with that....

Yep - that is like my situation.

Moving from a nearly 12 year old expensive to run & maintain (& tax) Diesel Automatic (2.2 Automatic).

It'll be great for me in so many ways.

I can live without the kit that is missing as there's still so much there that is an upgrade for me personally in my own situation compared to the older car I have.

I'm most disappointed at the missing radar on the Ireland Spec Kona EV (as well as the ACC, that radar is used for the Auto Regen Breaking Setting - a 4th setting if you like that is available on UK models, where the car is constantly evaluating the distance/speed of vehicles in front & dynamically adjusting the regen mode for best effect without any manual intervention or section via the paddles). I'll just have to settle on making my selection manually.

I hope (but not holding my breath) that there is some retrospective way of integrating any future app functionality when it eventually gets released (like the Hyundai Bluelink app in the States I think). I'd consider adding / upgrading any module if one were available / necessary from a hardware perspective. Not a showstopper at this stage, but I think we all would value having app access to our EVs regardless of the make / model.

Would have liked / been interested in purchasing the e-Niro (Due to my expecting it to be slightly better spec than the Kona & the extra room it has inside & in the boot) but cannot wait for it to arrive as I need to change as quickly as I can & just could not wait until Q2 or Q3 19.

At this stage Day / Night Meter installed at home now.

Waiting for Nigel Daly to install my Zappi Unit in the coming 7 - 10 Days.

ICE System in Ranelagh will be installing my 2 Channel Dashcam at the dealers so its all ready when I call in to pick up the car in Jan etc..

Just looking now to see if I can pickup a space saver spare wheel to put in the lower section of the boot - may have to wait until I get the car to verify dimensions / compatibility. Not a fan of Tire Mobility Kits.

• Advertisement

@Bonoman, did you get the home charger grant? At what point did you apply?
    I applied after I got the main EV grant application number from the dealer.
    When I applied it was rejected with the following reason:
    "The car registration appears to be outside of the eligibility criteria. Only vehicles registered new or bought second hand from 2018 onwards are eligible."

spakman wrote: »
    @Bonoman, did you get the home charger grant? At what point did you apply?
    I applied after I got the main EV grant application number from the dealer.
    When I applied it was rejected with the following reason:
    "The car registration appears to be outside of the eligibility criteria. Only vehicles registered new or bought second hand from 2018 onwards are eligible."

I just went to their website to register.

Initially the Kona EV was not listed as one of the models of car that was available to choose.

I called them & explained the situation.

They said to give it a few days & the Kona EV was in the process of being added.

A few days later it was added to their site & available to choose from the drop down list & I applied online.

I only needed to supply my Grant Application ID which was on the paperwork the dealer gave me (I still don't have any Reg details yet - never asked for any Reg details).

Approx 3 Days after I submitted my online application, I received the physical approval paperwork from them.

I was able to reach out to Nigel at that stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brownep

ELM327 wrote: »
    Lots of Kona EV listed online already

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/video-tour-gt-new-k-o-n-a-e-v/20165283

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/hyundai-kona-electric/20167112

And confirmed from photos in the second one that there is no adaptive cruise. What absolute crap.

Just be careful of quoted final price. I had a test drive in a Kona this week and was quoted 40k without any add ons. That is 2.5k above average. I also had a test drive in a 40kw Leaf last week. In my humble opinion there is no comparison except for the range. I'm looking forward to the 60Kw Leaf and Niro at which time I intend to do a deal but so far the Leaf looks better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭peposhi

When I spoke to the dealer on Wednesday he said the Kona has been given a €1000 price increase by Hyundai with no explanation given to the dealers. Also that Hyundai Ireland were planning to sell them directly without using dealers, when they came to their senses and eventually back tracked and went the standard way.

Bohoman, as someone coming from a 2.2l diesel you are going to absolutely love the change... no difference in your range limitation (how often does anyone drive 400km a day) and €800 going towards the purchase of the car rather than paying road tax, never mind not visiting the petrol stations :)

peposhi wrote: »
    When I spoke to the dealer on Wednesday he said the Kona has been given a €1000 price increase by Hyundai with no explanation given to the dealers. Also that Hyundai Ireland were planning to sell them directly without using dealers, when they came to their senses and eventually back tracked and went the standard way.

Bohoman, as someone coming from a 2.2l diesel you are going to absolutely love the change... no difference in your range limitation (how often does anyone drive 400km a day) and €800 going towards the purchase of the car rather than paying road tax, never mind not visiting the petrol stations :)

Thanks peposhi.

The 2.2 Diesel Auto served me well at the time but my needs are different now (its interior / luggage space was much more necessary years ago when I bought it).

I usually hold onto my cars for 5 to 8 years so while I know the KonaEV is not good value for money compared to what you'd get in an ICE Car spec or choice of model for that money, the timing is perfect for me to change now & I think it'll work out well & balance out for for me in cost savings over the medium to longer term - fuel, tax, servicing, repairs etc.. If I'd already had an EV or more recent ICE Car with a good spec, I'm not so sure I'd be as quick to move to the Kona EV though.

Looking forward to getting the Kona EV & loved my test drive.

Ask for a copy of the communication from Hyundai

Kia Niro was supposed to be 36k a few weeks ago when someone tried to buy. I rang Kia dealer yesterday and he could sell me a PHEV for 32k today :D

Dealers are trying to fleece customer because of the lack of supply.....that is probably their demo model and they can sell for whatever price they want, instead of saying they are shafting you they are saying it is a Hyundai price change

Kia Niro was supposed to be 36k a few weeks ago when someone tried to buy. I rang Kia dealer yesterday and he could sell me a PHEV for 32k today :D

Dealers are trying to fleece customer because of the lack of supply.....that is probably their demo model and they can sell for whatever price they want, instead of saying they are shafting you they are saying it is a Hyundai price change

In this case I actually happen to know the dealer personally. The info is genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 brownep

Might you be confusing the PHEV Niro with the upcoming EV? Not the same beast at all.

brownep wrote: »
    Might you be confusing the PHEV Niro with the upcoming EV? Not the same beast at all.

Yes I am talking about the PHEV, the BEV price is not even out....the PHEV is 32k.....

But a person tried to buy the PHEV and was told by dealer it had gone up and the price after grants etc was 36k. Kia had changed the price.....

The PHEV was out of stock recently and hard to get one, thats when he got told about this increase....sound familiar :P

In this case I actually happen to know the dealer personally. The info is genuine.

Funny how the Hyundai website hasn't updated the price :P

I have a mate who is dealer, wouldn't thrust him as far as you could throw him :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Also that Hyundai Ireland were planning to sell them directly without using dealers, when they came to their senses and eventually back tracked and went the standard way.

I don't believe the phrase "came to their senses" is the right one here. I would much prefer manufacturers to sell direct to consumers and cut out the dealer. Isn't that one of the reasons Tesla were lauded for their direct sales model?

liamog wrote: »
    I don't believe the phrase "came to their senses" is the right one here. I would much prefer manufacturers to sell direct to consumers and cut out the dealer. Isn't that one of the reasons Tesla were lauded for their direct sales model?

Came to their senses in the sense of Hyundai are not ready for the direct sales/service approach Tesla has. Once they are - it will kick in. I bet you in 5 years time we’d all have the option to order any car online as everything else...

It looks like Hyundai are feeling a bit of resistance to the Kona. Apparently there are a shedload of them unsold across the country. A dealer near me is getting another 4 to sell that he didn't expect. He was told the unsold ones were being spread around to try to shift them. The salesmen are on the phones to anyone who showed any interest. :D

Could their cynical cash grab be coming back to haunt them?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 8,061 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Came to their senses in the sense of Hyundai are not ready for the direct sales/service approach Tesla has. Once they are - it will kick in. I bet you in 5 years time we’d all have the option to order any car online as everything else...

They managed it in the UK. I reckon it's the Irish dealers that had the problem, and that Hyundai Ireland gave up pushing the point

It looks like Hyundai are feeling a bit of resistance to the Kona. Apparently there are a shedload of them unsold across the country. A dealer near me is getting another 4 to sell that he didn't expect. He was told the unsold ones were being spread around to try to shift them. The salesmen are on the phones to anyone who showed any interest. :D

Well... In terms of range - the car is a game changer. In terms of price... how many people can/would/should spare anything above 30k for a new car... the spec is not bad for someone coming from a Golf 3 or standard Yaris... For people who have had the likes of Leaf Tekna, Ioniq, e-Golf it takes a lot to compromise to get the Kona...
    I certainly loved the range and it was an eye opener for me not to seek to change to an L40. But come L60 or e-Niro I’d be certainly on the market. At least for the same money (or eve less) you’d get a better car...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Shocked!(not.)
    Yes the longer range is great but the Paddy spec is fair fecking ridiculous. Especially when you see what the UK get for the same money.

Like any company it depends on the size of the market. Is Ireland big enough for Hyundai to hire staff and start selling direct with all the cr*p that comes with it. Ireland is not, so they will use a dealer who will take a cut for looking after the customer, dealing with all the customer issues....

UK is a huge market and they will make enough to deal direct. It is as simple as that. You will find most businesses have the same model. Car/computers etc etc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

What's the likely lead time on a Kona order? I notice a local garage has had one parked for a month now. Assume this is demo only and not stock?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭TheChizler

What's the likely lead time on a Kona order? I notice a local garage has had one parked for a month now. Assume this is demo only and not stock?
    Dealer told us 13 weeks minimum 3 weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

Ring around, as stock is per dealer, so just because one dealer has no stock or does not have the colour you want does not mean every dealer nationwide has no stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭deegs

There are more stock of Kona than ionic iirc. Certainly in Midleton we had more cars and color options for Kona than ionic.

Interesting video here. About a 3rd party open source app that was developed originally for the Ioniq but it appears to have been modified to work somewhat with the Kona Electric I think (Video is not in English so I don't fully understand but it looks promising).

EVNotify

https://youtu.be/DwDUFm-exO4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,887 ✭✭✭zg3409

bonoman66 wrote: »
    Interesting video here. About a 3rd party open source app that was developed originally for the Ioniq but it appears to have been modified to work somewhat with the Kona Electric I think (Video is not in English so I don't fully understand but it looks promising).

It is explaining about using the evnotify app on the kona. This app connects to a Bluetooth ODB adapter that connects to the cars computer. I have used it on ioniq. You need to leave your mobile phone in the car while using a public charger, and it will send an email or message to another phone saying charging has stopped or charging has reached a predetermined %.

It is fairly basic, but if you are in the nearby coffee shop you can check on your laptop for a new email or on partners mobile phone.

It gives European ioniq or kona a way to send a message out about charging suddenly stopping or complete.

It is free on android on google play store. It is not available on iPhone due to app store fees

Blurb here:

EVNotify allows you to track the state of charge as well as data such as charging power of your electric vehicle from distance. It gives you notification when the desired state of charge has been achieved or your charge interrupted!

The special thing is - there are no costs for you - you don't have to worry about anything.
    The only thing you need, is an android-compatible device, Bluetooth, internet connection and a bluetooth-capable OBD2-Dongle.

EVNotify monitors the state of charge for you - even then, when the car itself doesn't have a internet or app connection. This does EVNotify for you.

Image the following situation:
    You are charging with your electric vehicle on a fast charger , you want to leave, but still have to wait for the car, till the battery is up to 80% again. Normally you have to look for the car's state of charge every few minutes - have to leave and go physically to the car, just to check if you are ready to drive again.
    With EVNotify installed, you can easily set when you want to drive again - and just get notified in realtime in different notifications ways you've setup when the desired state of charge has been achieved.

Since the new update of EVNotify, you can also find charging stations to have an overview at any time, where you can charge next.

What are you waiting for?
    Get EVNotify today!

Why?
    - free
    - continuous development
    - OpenSource
    - bluetooth connection allows reading the state of charge, even when the car doesn't have an internet or app connection
    - runs on all android-capable devices (even Android TV-Sticks) [Android >= 4.1]
    - several realtime-notification possibilities (Mail, Push-Notification, Telegram-Notification)
    - secure
    - Multi-Device-Support (connect as many devices together as you want to)
    - integrated charging station finder
    - track drives and charges
    - more useful features will be added soon!

NOTE:
    EVNotify is still in an early stage of development. Please take this in mind. Please report issues or suggestions on https://github.com/GPlay97/EVNotify.
    The use of the software is at your own risk. I am not liable for damage caused by improper use or cheap, fake OBD2 dongle.

zg3409 wrote: »
    It is explaining about using the evnotify app on the kona. This app connects to a Bluetooth ODB adapter that connects to the cars computer. I have used it on ioniq. You need to leave your mobile phone in the car while using a public charger, and it will send an email or message to another phone saying charging has stopped or charging has reached a predetermined %.

It is fairly basic, but if you are in the nearby coffee shop you can check on your laptop for a new email or on partners mobile phone.

It gives European ioniq or kona a way to send a message out about charging suddenly stopping or complete.

It is free on android on google play store. It is not available on iPhone due to app store fees

Blurb here:

EVNotify allows you to track the state of charge as well as data such as charging power of your electric vehicle from distance. It gives you notification when the desired state of charge has been achieved or your charge interrupted!

The special thing is - there are no costs for you - you don't have to worry about anything.
    The only thing you need, is an android-compatible device, Bluetooth, internet connection and a bluetooth-capable OBD2-Dongle.

EVNotify monitors the state of charge for you - even then, when the car itself doesn't have a internet or app connection. This does EVNotify for you.

Image the following situation:
    You are charging with your electric vehicle on a fast charger , you want to leave, but still have to wait for the car, till the battery is up to 80% again. Normally you have to look for the car's state of charge every few minutes - have to leave and go physically to the car, just to check if you are ready to drive again.
    With EVNotify installed, you can easily set when you want to drive again - and just get notified in realtime in different notifications ways you've setup when the desired state of charge has been achieved.

Since the new update of EVNotify, you can also find charging stations to have an overview at any time, where you can charge next.

What are you waiting for?
    Get EVNotify today!

Why?
    - free
    - continuous development
    - OpenSource
    - bluetooth connection allows reading the state of charge, even when the car doesn't have an internet or app connection
    - runs on all android-capable devices (even Android TV-Sticks) [Android >= 4.1]
    - several realtime-notification possibilities (Mail, Push-Notification, Telegram-Notification)
    - secure
    - Multi-Device-Support (connect as many devices together as you want to)
    - integrated charging station finder
    - track drives and charges
    - more useful features will be added soon!

NOTE:
    EVNotify is still in an early stage of development. Please take this in mind. Please report issues or suggestions on https://github.com/GPlay97/EVNotify.
    The use of the software is at your own risk. I am not liable for damage caused by improper use or cheap, fake OBD2 dongle.

Thank you for that info and background on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

How is the Kona so expensive here?

Only 28k in the US after its 7.5k incentives

https://insideevs.com/hyundai-kona-electric-gets-shockingly-low-price-tag-in-us/#comments

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Mike9832 wrote: »
    How is the Kona so expensive here?

Only 28k in the US after its 7.5k incentives

https://insideevs.com/hyundai-kona-electric-gets-shockingly-low-price-tag-in-us/#comments

Incomparable market, US car prices vastly different than Irish ones across many many vehicles and in any case it’s priced the same as the Bolt, price it how they like it will still be a supply and not a price issue

• Registered Users Posts: 15 onlydave

Just in case anyone else was wondering. I emailed Hyundai about the adaptive cruise control and emergency braking or lack thereof. They got back to me pretty quick and said it's just down to each country to decide on the spec for the market and weighing that up with cost.

Also asked if it would be possible to retrofit it down the road and they said it's possible in theory alright but not currently an option

onlydave wrote: »
    Just in case anyone else was wondering. I emailed Hyundai about the adaptive cruise control and emergency braking or lack thereof. They got back to me pretty quick and said it's just down to each country to decide on the spec for the market and weighing that up with cost.

Also asked if it would be possible to retrofit it down the road and they said it's possible in theory alright but not currently an option

Adaptive cruise would cost a fortune to retrofit....better to just buy a new car

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,236 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Adaptive cruise would cost a fortune to retrofit....better to just buy a new car
    Or just buy a proper kona with actual spec.
    Can't believe they are not bringing it as an option, you can spec it no problem in Derry but not in Donegal. Madness.

Or just buy a proper kona with actual spec.
    Can't believe they are not bringing it as an option, you can spec it no problem in Derry but not in Donegal. Madness.

Exactly, buy from the UK

I hope the VW dealers don't try that carry on with the Neo....

• Advertisement

VW => nothing is standard. But everything is available as an optional €€€ extra :D

Exactly, buy from the UK

I hope the VW dealers don't try that carry on with the Neo....

Electric Autos etc will do a booming trade in 12 months with UK konas. I'd love a premium SE Kona but would need to trade in my Ioniq so would have to buy here.

I prefer the look of the Kona to the Niro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,808 ✭✭✭✭Water John

If the Niro is the one common spec with the UK market, Hyundai can shove their Irish Kona.

VW => nothing is standard. But everything is available as an optional €€€ extra :D
    See that's the right approach. Charge money for the adaptive cruise, ventilated seats, etc. Fine.

But to just not offer it is madness IMO. Surely it would be more efficient to have one RHD market for UK + Ireland.

I prefer that, at least you get the choice. Then it is up to the customer is they want a 28k car or a 30k car etc

Not given a crappy spec and then told you have no other option.....while keeping the price extremely high

But to just not offer it is madness IMO.

Yes I'm not quite sure why this is.

If a car is a customer specific order anyway, and the production is part of batch with other (RHD) cars that can have a certain option, then why not? Options are extremely profitable (very high margin) for both the dealer and the manufacturer. And if the buyer loves to fork out for overpriced options, then happy days. Win win for everyone.

Different story if the Irish dealer / distributor orders a batch of car with standard specs to be sold later. This seems to be the case with Hyundai. Explains why there was and is a bit of availability of white Ioniqs. Must have been pre-ordered by Hyundai Ireland and there wasn't as much demand for them as for other colours.

Electric Autos etc will do a booming trade in 12 months with UK konas. I'd love a premium SE Kona but would need to trade in my Ioniq so would have to buy here.

I prefer the look of the Kona to the Niro.

If the Kona is big enough then it is a prefect car......once you bring in from UK....

Personally it would be too small for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Water John wrote: »
    If the Niro is the one common spec with the UK market, Hyundai can shove their Irish Kona.

Bang on.

Apparently, not all of the Paddy spec Konas have sold. There is some talk about bringing the UK spec one here, possibly for 192 registration. I wonder if any lessons have been learned. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Apparently, not all of the Paddy spec Konas have sold. There is some talk about bringing the UK spec one here, possibly for 192 registration. I wonder if any lessons have been learned. :P

If they gave scrappage I'd take a Paddy spec

Might be worth a try?

• Advertisement
Advertisement