Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Content insurance for renters

• 18-01-2018 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

I know this is a very broad question, but just looking for feedback of content insurance for renters. Renting an apartment and would like my stuff covered in cash of theft/fire/water damage etc.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,016 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What sort of feedback?

I get mine thru Allianz. Costs about €100-ish from memory. I set a fairly high excess though.

I think I had to call them to set it up, because parts of the building are over 100 years old so no on-line system would quote. Wasn't a problem once I explained the context (total internal gutting and refurb 10 years ago) to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

Just in general who is good/what coverage should I get/that sort of thing.

I've gotten 4-5 quotes ranging from €90 to €300 for the year.

Is there anything in particular I should be looking for with renters/contents insurance?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Are you renting the whole apartment or just the room?

Toots wrote: »
    Are you renting the whole apartment or just the room?

whole apartment.

• Advertisement
Advertisement