Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advanced clear blue ovulation monitor

Options
  • 18-01-2018 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭

I have started using the monitor. Does the monitor sometimes not pick up on peak days. I noticed that when I tested this morning the monitor did not pick up a peak how ever when I looked at the test stick.. there was an extra line to show ovulation

Has anyone else experienced this? ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭honerbright

I used the monitor for around 6 months and only got a peak reading for one month. I definitely did ovulate all those other months though (I confirmed this through taking my temperature and also once at the GP via blood test).

The thing with the monitor is it looks for your LH surge to give you the peak reading, but as you're supposed to use in the morning you might have a short surge or have your surge in the afternoon or evening and miss it entirely because your LH in the morning might be too low to register as a peak. As for the 2 lines, there is often 2 lines showing but the second line isn't strong enough to indicate ovulation.

What I found helpful was to order a bunch of cheap ovulation sticks on amazon so I can test a few times a day when I know I should be close and in case the monitor missed the surge. It might be worth looking up fertility charting as well, I've found that the best thing for me.

Advertisement