Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raspberry pi project

Options
  • 18-01-2018 11:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,
    Picked up a raspberry pi few days ago. Up and running with rasparian.

Trying this project :

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-torrentbox/amp/

Followed all the steps but for some reason when transmission is starting its not picking up the edited settings. Json

It's creating its own. The user I've put in the edited files is root.

Any help appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Mick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭MooShop

Are you sure you're saving your edited changes before exiting the nano editor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Also, the tutorial above is with Transmission...

You could try following this one that uses Deluge: https://www.howtogeek.com/142044/how-to-turn-a-raspberry-pi-into-an-always-on-bittorrent-box/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

MooShop wrote: »
    Are you sure you're saving your edited changes before exiting the nano editor?

Yes I can reopen the files and see the updates.. I did the first six steps and could open transmission from the Web browser.. Was getting permission errors then on download folders.. Followed rest of steps and got no errors.. Transmission starts but I'm getting 401 permission error when try to browse to it.. Ran transmission in forerground and can see its using a settings file in different location which it's creating on server start..

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭rgodard80a

You don't want to run transmission as root.

Especially since there are reported remote code execution vulnerabilities reported against transmission only recently.

Check the whitelist list of addresses eg.

"rpc-whitelist": "127.0.0.1,192.168.*.*",

Then the rpc username and password if you get past that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭micks_address

Got sorted with transmission. Tried the deluge tutorial and couldn't get the console to start so went back to the transmission tutorial. My mistake is that I didn't realise my default logged in user in rasparian is pi. Once I used that instead of root in the settings files everything worked fine.
    Thanks for the help,
    Mick

• Advertisement
Advertisement