Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineer to check house in Athenry

Options
  • 18-01-2018 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi there. We are considering buying a house in Athenry and are looking for a recommendation for someone to do a structural report before we consider it any further. Could anyone recommend someone?

Comments

Can't recommend one but I will offer a piece of advice, get 2, arrange for them to do the inspection on different days and be sure to attend the inspection.

Anywhere there is a major discrepancy in their reports, question it until you are satisfied.

Seriously. It's more expensive, but a mile cheaper than getting stung with a major defect that wasn't detected.

I've seen so many people rush this one, critical aspect, simply because they want to get moved in

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭aw

Recently bought a house. Will PM details.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

I used Gabriel dolan in craughwell. Very happy with him.

Advertisement