Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mercury Rev - Deserter Songs Accoustic Tour

Options
  • 19-01-2018 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

This one went under my radar.....
    Mercury Rev
    "An intimate, acoustic evening featuring many of the stories and songs surrounding the Mercury Rev's heartbreaking 1998 classic 'Deserter's Songs'. Performed in the fragile 'whisper and strum' way they were originally written, this promises to be an extraordinary glimpse into the forces that nearly destroyed a band and the strange events leading toward a most unexpected return"
    Limerick 18th April
    Galway 21st April
    Dublin Whelans 22nd April

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Peter File

CantonaGod wrote: »
    This one went under my radar.....
    Mercury Rev
    "An intimate, acoustic evening featuring many of the stories and songs surrounding the Mercury Rev's heartbreaking 1998 classic 'Deserter's Songs'. Performed in the fragile 'whisper and strum' way they were originally written, this promises to be an extraordinary glimpse into the forces that nearly destroyed a band and the strange events leading toward a most unexpected return"
    Limerick 18th April
    Galway 21st April
    Dublin Whelans 22nd April
    They are also playing
    Bangor, Co Down on April 17
    Theatre royal Waterford April 19
    St lukes Cork April 20.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Dublin now - Sold out FYI

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

lordgoat wrote: »
    Sold out FYI
    Is that just the Whelans one you're talking about lordgoat? I'm pretty sure there are still some left for Limerick. Not sure about the rest. Very tempted to go to this. One of my favourite albums.

Bangor is sold out as well

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭AhrSkidar

Just got 2 tickets for Galway, so still available there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

for anyone getting tix for galway, i got 3 on the roisin dubh website for €95, the same tix cost €115 (or something around that) on ticketbastard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Looks like Cork is still on sale for anyone looking.

http://uticket.ie/event/mercury-rev-live-at-st-lukes

Got two tickets this morning. Great band, great album and great venue in St Luke's. Well worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Got two tickets for Galway.... what an album, I remember Donal Dineen plugging it on No Disco and going out getting it the next day, cant believe it's 20 years ago.

Extra concert added in Bangor on April 16

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

So many gigs! Jaysus!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

An additional date has been added in Galway for the 21st, for anyone looking to go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Totally missed this and only copped it in the Dolans' gig listings, just snared 2 tickets, so frikkin delighted. Adore that album!!

They have added a matinee performance in Cork on April 20 at 4PM

http://www.liveatstlukes.com/mercury-rev/

• Registered Users Posts: 36 The Gram

Tickets for Galway matinee just arrived. I'm soooo looking forward to this.

Do ye think the singing saw will be with them?

Lyla Foy is supporting them on this tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

Peter File wrote: »
    Lyla Foy is supporting them on this tour.

I think she is providing backup vocals also for the Rev.

Saw her a few years ago, and enjoyed her set

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭davidom2513

I think The Gram is refferring to this tho :D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Musical_saw

Quality gig in Limerick tonight. Pure stripped back versions of the album, but beautiful stuff.

I thought we’d get more chat and maybe a few more extra tracks, but a must see for anyone who loves the album.

Lyla foy as the support has a lovely voice but very meh songs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,251 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Quality gig in Limerick tonight. Pure stripped back versions of the album, but beautiful stuff.

I thought we’d get more chat and maybe a few more extra tracks, but a must see for anyone who loves the album.

Lyla foy as the support has a lovely voice but very meh songs.

Really enjoyed it too, but I'd liked to have seen them throw in something from All is Dream because that is a great album too, but maybe that didn't suit the whole Deserters Songs and the years before it theme.

Agree about Lyla Foy, but she played a stormer on the drums for Opus 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭Arne_Saknussem

Heading to Waterford tonight, can anyone tell me what time Mercury Rev were on stage at, and what time they finished up last night?

Heading to Waterford tonight, can anyone tell me what time Mercury Rev were on stage at, and what time they finished up last night?

In Limerick on about 9.30, show was just over an hour.

Theatre concerts normally start earlier than regular venues so be careful

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

That gig tonight was sublime, fire alarm and impromptu intermission notwithstanding. Loved the Pavement cover and the encore of The Dark is Rising. Magical stuff.

Sandwell wrote: »
    That gig tonight was sublime, fire alarm and impromptu intermission notwithstanding. Loved the Pavement cover and the encore of The Dark is Rising. Magical stuff.

We didn’t get that encore! Did they do the Flaming Lips cover? We got Goddess on a Highway as our encore.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Sandwell

We didn’t get that encore! Did they do the Flaming Lips cover? We got Goddess on a Highway as our encore.

They finished the main set with Goddess and then came back on to do The Dark is Rising. They played the Lips cover too. Jonathan's voice still sounds astonishingly good.

They finished the main set with Goddess and then came back on to do The Dark is Rising. They played the Lips cover too. Jonathan's voice still sounds astonishingly good.

Jealous! Yup immaculate voice.

That's not fair, I would have loved to hear something for All is Dream.

They did The Dark is Rising as an encore in Cork n 2011.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Judes

Seeing them tonight in Cork - can't wait. :)

Advertisement