Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Def Leppard Hysteria Tour Dublin,

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭artvanderlay

I'd go to this but I'm not a fan of acts playing full albums. I prefer the spontaneity of not knowing what the next tracks are going to be. I went to Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon live a few years back, and the most boring part for me was when he played the full album. When he played random tracks from the Pink Floyd catalogue, it was brilliant. Live should be unpredictable. Also, for me the Hysteria album ends after Hysteria the song; Love and Affection, and Excitable I can do without hearing live!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,402 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'd go to this but I'm not a fan of acts playing full albums. I prefer the spontaneity of not knowing what the next tracks are going to be. I went to Roger Waters Dark Side of the Moon live a few years back, and the most boring part for me was when he played the full album. When he played random tracks from the Pink Floyd catalogue, it was brilliant. Live should be unpredictable. Also, for me the Hysteria album ends after Hysteria the song; Love and Affection, and Excitable I can do without hearing live!

saw DL 2 times already 2011 and 2015 both had awsome support bills and i never heard of cheap trick but after a few listens to them im familar with some of there songs and id say they will be great live

Love the Hysteria album and look forward to hearing it if i do go to the concert. They have actually released a live dvd already of doing them the album in full 2013 'viva hysteria'. They will do a few other songs no doubt and it should be a good show. I just hope they dont start as flat as 2015 when they opended with a new song and it bombed

Gave in and brought a ticket for the show. Got block L row 53

3rd time seeing def leppard and prob be the exact same show and sequences but a rocking sat night in December what more can u want Cheap Trick should be good also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tKCaeyVd1c

this is horrible but ill still head in for them. catchy enough band never heard of them til they were announced as support

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Going next week, looking forward to it!

• Advertisement

anewme wrote: »
    Going next week, looking forward to it!

Yeah looking forward to it

Third time seeing Def Leppard and looking forward to hearing Hysteria in full. Is the gig in the round ???

Cheap Trick will hopefully be good too

Cheesy night in store but love it

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

Maybe it's not allowed on this thread?, but looking to swap two standing tickets for two seated for this gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭EyesClosed

starWave wrote: »
    Maybe it's not allowed on this thread?, but looking to swap two standing tickets for two seated for this gig.

Check out toutless, they have a swaps section

Looking forward to Saturday night but feel they should of had a 2nd support like previous Dublin shows (had Thin Lizzy(2011) and Black Star Riders(2015) opening the night before the main support Alice Cooper (2011) and Whitesnake (2015, wasant at the 2009 show they had 4 band's on the bill). We just have Cheap Trick and DL this year

Ironically The new best of (Def Leppard- The Story so far) is coming out on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭roadmaster

i would have loved to go only for work commitments . It would have being great if they where supporting bon jovi rather than the boring preachers

• Advertisement

:: DEF LEPPARD STAGE TIMES ::

・Doors: 6.30pm
    ・Cheap Trick : 7.45 - 8.30pm
    ・Def Leppard: 9 - 10.55pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

Looking at the set lists i hope they play the longer set list rather than the shorter one on the journey tour

Also hoping make love like a man is left out or ill just have to go for a p1ss during that one

mean gene wrote: »
    Looking at the set lists i hope they play the longer set list rather than the shorter one on the journey tour

Also hoping make love like a man is left out or ill just have to go for a p1ss during that one

it will the same setlist almost word for word as they done for the recent Asian/Oceanic Hysteria tour. Bacisally Hysteria in full and an encore of hits . We might get the new xmas song or the Personal Jesus cover instead of one of the songs

Cheap trick have a short enough set time and they really should of thrown on another band. Doors at 6.30 and Cheap Trick not on til 7.45 ???

should be a good night. ill drink too a minimum as i have to get bus back home at 23.45 :D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 Rigsy

Hi Starwave. I might be able to help with the ticket swap. PM sent

****ing hell Dublin on a sat 😫😫. Ques, screaming, teenagers etc.

Anyway having a nice pint in the Spencer hotel bar and can't wait for tonight

What a night

Cheap Trick unfamiliar too me when announced were amazing and reality got the crowd goin. The amount of hits they had was amazing

I've seen def Leppard 2 times before tonight and I have to say tonight was the best I've ever seen them. What a setlist, great stage and the band were on fire

Was on the fence about this gig but bought a ticket a month ago and glad i did

Was up the last row of the block L row 55, really great view. A few lads apparently got into the lighting section on the same row as me and security seemingly ran up fairly quickly

3 hour bus journey home but let's get rocked what a night

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭keeponrockin

That was sooo much fun..glad i grabbed a couple of tickets now..brilliant sound in the middle of GA..excellent production..the countdown clock focused the minds seeing as we arrived in with 5 minutes and 25 seconds to go..what time did that countdown clock start at?!..sign of a good gig..merch stall was heaving at the end..when i got to the front Hysteria tour shirt was sold out..huh leps are the new Pearl Jam..respect to the 2 girls beside us who knew every word of every song and were no more than 18..everyone was giving it saturday night🀘

That was sooo much fun..glad i grabbed a couple of tickets now..brilliant sound in the middle of GA..excellent production..the countdown clock focused the minds seeing as we arrived in with 5 minutes and 25 seconds to go..what time did that countdown clock start at?!..sign of a good gig..merch stall was heaving at the end..when i got to the front Hysteria tour shirt was sold out..huh leps are the new Pearl Jam..respect to the 2 girls beside us who knew every word of every song and were no more than 18..everyone was giving it saturday night🀘

Think it started at 45 mins or something around that

Got a medium hysteria shirt myself. Nice shirt but bit loose lost a bit of weight and I'm in between medium/small which is annoying lol but I'll find somehow to wear it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭thebiglad

.what time did that countdown clock start at?!..˜

30 minutes - great idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,949 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Brilliant gig!

staging, lighting, vocals, production, sound, energy, our seats were vibrating.

Loved the reeling in the years video montages in the background.

Hysteria has to be of the hughest quality Albums; I had watched a documentary about Def Leppard where they said they had so much good material for it that they should have put some in a follow up Album. Instead the Album had so many lead singles, they just jept coming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭boyznoise

For Belfast gig later, looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Saw them in concert recently thought the drummer was chancing his arm.

Funny thing happened with cheaptrick Rick Nielsen was calling out all the band member names and bass player Tom Petersen didn't even taunt the crowd or anything

Pretty usual ?? Didn't like the crowd or something ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭rednik

I first saw them in 92 and several times since. The last few were pretty ordinary but last night was superb. Cheap Trick were fantastic and probably deserved a longer set. Rick Nielsen is still a great entertainer. Def Leppard were brilliant, the sound, Joe's vocals and the stage show were class.

45232988955_1196e9737e_z.jpg

31205578717_4f47109eae_z.jpg

45232987675_6690dbb8a9_z.jpg

45232985865_fd3a138439_z.jpg

31205570557_8f5cbf0189_z.jpg

45232984405_9e51a4d8c0_z.jpg

44327959490_bdab477dae_z.jpg

44327958140_9e7e9e0f47_z.jpg

45232981075_aebe26d364_z.jpg

44327952210_1887b48c2e_z.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭starWave

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Funny thing happened with cheaptrick Rick Nielsen was calling out all the band member names and bass player Tom Petersen didn't even taunt the crowd or anything

Pretty usual ?? Didn't like the crowd or something ?

Rick Nielsen seemed to be constantly talking to his back stage crew, and complaining about something. Found it very distracting. Seemed a bit obsessed with throwing picks into the crowd as well.

Great gig enjoyed it cheap trick were excellent aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

How long did Def Leppard play for?

1hr 38 mins

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 32 Rigsy

Saw them first time in the Point in 92, last night was my fifth time to see them.
    Hadn’t planned to go initially but ended up getting 2 free seated tickets on Fri night.

Had to go on my own so initially thought of not going or swapping for GA tickets to sneak in!

Went with seated and delighted with decision on both counts. Brilliant gig from start to finish and thought they never sounded better.

• Advertisement

It's hard to knw when they will play here again. Before this was 2015 and 2011 Before that

Last night shows was for me the ultimate Dec Leppard show and it's hard to see them topping that setlist in the future

One thing that sells for them is they always bring quality support on the road with them and that will be a big factor for future Irish Def Leppard shows

Advertisement