Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend me a barbecue

Options
  • 19-01-2018 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all

looking to buy a barbeque for the summer, can anyone recommend me a good mid range barbecue that will stand the test of time?

Comments

Go for a weber.

Gas or charcoal?

I picked up a second hand q200 on adverts in summer for e65.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,120 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

D wrote: »
    Go for a weber.

Gas or charcoal?

I picked up a second hand q200 on adverts in summer for e65.

presume gas easier and charcoal is better?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

normally would say get a gas weber but recently converted to an egg. (Big Green Egg) but lot of other decent options.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Cyrus wrote: »
    presume gas easier and charcoal is better?

We have both and I use charcoal a lot more. Once you get the chimney starter it's pretty easy. You throw the coals in it and by the time you have meat and stuff ready coals are good to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

We have a mid-sized Weber charcoal kettle BBQ. Use it year round. Can also be used smoking as well as BBQing. Honestly one of the best investments I’ve ever made.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

For charcoal get yourself a Weber 57cm. Best you will find with no equal.
    Gas is different as there are so many competitors to Weber. You could just get a Weber but you will find much more value with other brands. Id recommend a Broil King Monarch 320. Higher speccd than the equivalent Weber and about €100 cheaper.

I have both and they should last a lifetime with a little care. The Weber gets way more use during the summer and it's probably 50/50 during the winter.

Advertisement