Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday / Sunday : snow-Ice Warning for Cavan, Monaghan and Donegal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Amazing contrast across the country today, cold, wet and miserable in Dublin earlier yet probably the nicest day all winter in the north. Here's a collection of photos I took earlier :)

Snow boundary line across south Tyrone looking towards the Sperrins
    20180120_144204.jpg

Winter wonderland right across NI
    20180120_144313.jpg

Glenveagh National Park in Donegal
    20180120_145550.jpg

Panorama of the Derryveagh Mountains
    20180120_145838.jpg

And a few back on the ground around Dunlewey
    20180120_153615.jpg

20180120_153740.jpg

20180120_154516.jpg

In Letterkenny now where it's -1C with plenty of lying snow about still

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Beautiful Photos

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Irishsneachta

Very Light snow falling now

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Amazing contrast across the country today, cold, wet and miserable in Dublin earlier yet probably the nicest day all winter in the north. Here's a collection of photos I took earlier :)

Snow boundary line across south Tyrone looking towards the Sperrins
    20180120_144204.jpg

Winter wonderland right across NI
    20180120_144313.jpg

Glenveagh National Park in Donegal
    20180120_145550.jpg

Panorama of the Derryveagh Mountains
    20180120_145838.jpg

And a few back on the ground around Dunlewey
    20180120_153615.jpg

20180120_153740.jpg

20180120_154516.jpg

In Letterkenny now where it's -1C with plenty of lying snow about still

Stunning photos. Thx for sharing

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

And back to sleet, wonderfull photos Donegal Storm.

• Advertisement

Still snowing. Gotten heavier this past hour

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lough Fea is reporting 26 cm of lying snow at 7 am. Snow still falling, but temperature slowly in the rise, now 0.4, dewpoint also 0.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Heavy rain, fields flooded, driveway flooding, back to normal, meath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Heavy rain in south Cavan, temp 4°.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Lough Fea has now turned to rain, temp/dp/wbt 0.9 °C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭littlema

Fog, rain, yeuk. Temp of 6.2 and I can't walk across the yard to feed the birds with the flood! All the fields around sopping..... my homemade rain measure showing 18mm from 9am yesterday
    S Sligo is in the washing machine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

Rte 1 radio this morning mentioned a farmer from kerry had stated there has not been 3 consecutive dry days since may in his area. I would totally believe it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

The first two hours of the same band moving through have fallen as snow here outside Glasgow. A nice top up to the existing snow thats been falling on and off since Tuesday. Hopefully the whole band falls as snow rather than rain, would be a nice final blast of snow before the thaw sets in later this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,227 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Heavy snow here in Glasgow

DSC_1004.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,902 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

terrible day here again, just this time it's really mild. Driveway flooded, temp of 11C.

We could really do one week of dry, sunny weather with night time frosts.

Snowing when I went to bed around 2 last night in Letterkenny but just dull and drizzly this morning. Snow being stubborn in melting though, still a good covering on grass and footpaths

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Snowing when I went to bed around 2 last night in Letterkenny but just dull and drizzly this morning. Snow being stubborn in melting though, still a good covering on grass and footpaths

Did much of Donegan get a covering of snow over the week or was it just mainly high ground

Did much of Donegan get a covering of snow over the week or was it just mainly high ground

I've only been here since yesterday evening, snow only on the hills in the west of the county but around Letterkenny there's a lot more of a covering. 100% snow cover across Derry and Tyrone as well

I've only been here since yesterday evening, snow only on the hills in the west of the county but around Letterkenny there's a lot more of a covering. 100% snow cover across Derry and Tyrone as well

I've had snow since Tuesday in Stranorlar. Patchy cover some days. Above 100m it's been pure white all week.

Donegal town to Ballybofey road. Still a winter wonder land. Most has melted with me now, patchy bits on grass about it. Snow line looks healthy above 100m on the hill beside me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement