Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend secondhand bike shop Dublin.

Options
  • 19-01-2018 12:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭

Hi.
    Just recently been "relieved" of a couple of Carreras, I need to replace these and am looking to buy a secondhand mtb or hybrid.
    I'm not familiar with Dublin's used bike shops and so am looking for recommendations either in the city centre or Dublin North/North East. A decent selection from a well-regarded shop if such is possible.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭thejaguar

I know cycle superstore do second hand bikes. Might be worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,069 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Rothar www.rothar.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Mr. Grieves

Haven't been there but The Bike Institute on Dorset St seems to have quite a few second hand bikes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Haven't been there but The Bike Institute on Dorset St seems to have quite a few second hand bikes.

The owner has a wonderful name too. I used to pop in there,haven't in a long time but they were always decent to deal with and happy to recommend other shops if they couldn't help.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

The guys in Bolton cycles are great to deal with and they always have a few interesting second hand bikes there,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭bobgaf

Really appreciate the suggestions. Thanks to all. Off to check some out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Don't forget to have a look on the boards 'Cycling Adverts' page, Adverts.ie and Donedeal. If you see anything that takes your fancy you can start another thread here and post a link to it. You'll get great, unbiased advice, but make sure that you provide basic info like your height, type of cycling you do, future plans etc, as these play an important role when selecting a bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,861 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Donedeal is by far the best second hand bike shop imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭Trekker09

fat bloke wrote: »
    Donedeal is by far the best second hand bike shop imo.

Only problem is that you can't see feedback on the seller or build up positive feedback if you a a good regular seller.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Isn’t there a place on Capel Street at the Parnell St end? Kinda looks like a yard full of bikes. It’s where the road forks

• Advertisement
Advertisement