Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Updating to Graduate Account

Options
  • 19-01-2018 12:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I received an email on December 1st informing me that my current account is set to update from a 3rd Level Student Account to a Graduate Account at the end of the month. While I have now graduated from my undergraduate, I intend on  pursuing a PhD and will return to my University in September. I have a number of questions in relation to this issue:

Q1: Is it possible to maintain my account if I provide proof that I will be returning to my University in September?

Q2: If so, what kind of proof would suffice? My supervisor is currently away and the official registration for the course has not opened yet.

Q3: If I am unable to provide proof, would it be possible to revert my account back to a 3rd level account? Will I incur quarterly charges in this time?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

I received an email on December 1st informing me that my current account is set to update from a 3rd Level Student Account to a Graduate Account at the end of the month. While I have now graduated from my undergraduate, I intend on  pursuing a PhD and will return to my University in September. I have a number of questions in relation to this issue:

Q1: Is it possible to maintain my account if I provide proof that I will be returning to my University in September?

Q2: If so, what kind of proof would suffice? My supervisor is currently away and the official registration for the course has not opened yet.

Q3: If I am unable to provide proof, would it be possible to revert my account back to a 3rd level account? Will I incur quarterly charges in this time?

Hi Phoenix Wright,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

As you are not currently in full time education your account couldn't be changed back to a 3rd level student account. But once you do go back to full time education, you can pop into any branch of Bank of Ireland with some photo ID and a register letter from your college stating that you are a full time student, the advisers in the branch will be able to have a look into changing your account back to a 3rd level account at that point.
    I can also confirm that there is no quarterly transaction fees for a graduate account.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Hi Darren,

Thanks very much for the reply - that all makes sense. The only other thing I was wondering about is whether I will be able to continue using my student debit card? It is not set to expire until 2019, though I am unsure as to whether it is necessary for me to obtain a new card to use BOI services from February -> September when my account changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi Darren,

Thanks very much for the reply - that all makes sense. The only other thing I was wondering about is whether I will be able to continue using my student debit card? It is not set to expire until 2019, though I am unsure as to whether it is necessary for me to obtain a new card to use BOI services from February -> September when my account changes.
    Hi Phoenix Wright, you can continue to use your existing card until it expires.

Best of luck with your studies in September and get in touch again if you need anything else, thanks.

Nicola 

Advertisement