Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

close credit card account

Options
  • 19-01-2018 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a credit card account lying unused for quite some time. Can you give me an address I can contact to close it please.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

Hi,

I have a credit card account lying unused for quite some time. Can you give me an address I can contact to close it please.

Thanks

Hi there,

Thanks for getting on to us here through Boards.ie.

You can cancel your credit card by calling us on 0818 251 251 (or 00353 5677 57747 if you're abroad).
    You can also cancel your credit card by sending in a written letter of request to your account holding branch or to the following address.

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Bank of Ireland,
    Account Closures Team,
    3rd
    [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif] Floor Operations Centre,
    Cabinteely,
    Dublin 18

[/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]Before requesting closure: [/font]

1. [font=Arial","sans-serif]Ensure your credit card balance is cleared in full[/font]
    2. [font=Times New Roman","serif][font=Arial","sans-serif]Cancel any third party direct debits/subscriptions directly with the retailer.[/font][/font]
    3. [font=Times New Roman","serif][font=Arial","sans-serif]GSD maybe charged upon closure. [/font][/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]* Government stamp duty is a Government tax. We collect this tax on behalf of the revenue each year on April 1st for the previous year or upon account closure. Further details on Government Stamp Duty can be found on [font=Arial","sans-serif]www.revenue.ie[/font]. [/font]

[font=Arial","sans-serif]
      Thanks again for your message,
      Darren.
      [/font]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Riva10

Nice to see that Bank of Ireland are using premium phone numbers to increase their profits.
    A 0818 number is known as a National Call number. This type of phone number was devised to allow businesses charge an extra small premium above the regular cost of the call.
    Therefore, any companies that provide this type of phone number as a contact point are actually making money from their customers calling them.
    Click here to see what the cost of calling 0818 numbers from most phone (landline and mobile) companies in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 boardUser82

Hi Darren,

Thank you for supplying the address. I tried to close this account in branch last August, while closing my current account. I find the branch extremely unhelpful any time I've been in (reason for closing), in fact to close my current account they simply directed me to a computer to fill out a form and never so much asked a reason why or tried to keep me as customer. when i queried about closing the credit card i was simply told 'the branch doesn't handle such requests' and i would have to go to master card directly!! any time i go to look for closure information i end up giving up- i wonder if this is why the bank it so hard hoping people will just not bother cancelling. 
    thanks again for your help with providing the address- will be glad when i am fully no longer a BOI customer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kareana

Hi boardUser82,

Thanks for your post.

We are sorry to hear you feel this way.

To close a current account the holders of the account need to complete an Account Closure form online. If its a credit card then you must contact the credit card team directly.

Thanks again for the feedback and please be assured we will pass it on.

Have a good day.

Thanks,

Kareana

Advertisement