Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jane Fonda Looks So Good

• 19-01-2018 2:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭

A month or so ago I checked out Grace and Frankie on Netflix. I thought I would hate it, but to my surprise I rolled into a complete binge watch of it, and thank goodness, series 4 is out today. So weird. Not my style. But - heck - I like it.

The thing that gets me often is that Jane Fonda looks so damn good. So does Lily Tomlin, she rocks too, but in a slightly more identifiably senior way - she has greying hair and arthritic looking fingers - although really she does look good too. But Jane Fonda! The woman is 80! 8-0! Take a look at her. Remember how 80 year old women used to look? Hell, remember how 60 year old women used to look...She absolutely rocks her flared jeans, has great decolletage, fabulous hair, and beautiful eyes. Her jaw bones are completely minus jowl. I know, I know...she has had plastic surgery, you say. Perhaps even more than once, you say...but come on. Lots of them stars have had plastic surgery and they all look crap on it, like freaks even. She has not had super extensive surgery. Instead she looks fantastic, and her wrinkles look charming. There must be something else going on, some inner fire. I think it's great that there is a show with old ladies that makes them sexy and cool and fun.
    How does she look that fab?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

L'Oréal products apparently - if you believe the adverts she does for them.

Powerful stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Are you talking to me or yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Malayalam

Are you talking to me or yourself?

Yeah, I know it's not my usual blather, I'm giving serious a break. But seriously, Jane looks good!

L'Oréal products apparently - if you believe the adverts she does for them.

Powerful stuff!

:)
    I haven't seen her adverts. But it must be good stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

• Advertisement

Ummm. :confused: She does not look good...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Saw this image this morning. She got stuck in her dress after some awards and had to sleep in it. She still looks grand anyway.

Saw this image this morning. She got stuck in her dress after some awards and had to sleep in it. She still looks grand anyway.

:D You are trying to burst my illusions, but heck at 80, first thing in the morning, she still looks good (ish)...Look at the lovely shoulders on her!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,275 ✭✭✭Your Face

Sounds like the OP is pretty Fonda Jane.

tumblr_inline_n327sfUDU01r3x7o0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Love the show. Those ladies have class and talent. Sadly lacking in many younger actresses. Can be both fiunny and serious but always watchable imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

Yeh plastic surgery can do wonders. No 80 year old looks like that naturally

7b59bf5a4737f481aa14a66e43c0f01a--jane-fonda-woman-face.jpg

Thats what her face would look like without plastic surgery

Id say every famous person regularly in public eye over about 35 has regular plastic surgery. The ones who look 'weird' are the ones of them who had bad plastic surgery

Just an (Old) Girl Crush, Your Face. :) Or an (impossible) #Aging Goal

Love the show. Those ladies have class and talent. Sadly lacking in many younger actresses. Can be both fiunny and serious but always watchable imo.

Phew, I'm glad it's not just me. It's been my shameful secret pleasure this past few weeks

wakka12 wrote: »

See, that's the thing, I don't think plastic surgery is the answer here. yes, she has for defo had surgery, but it is subtle and less is more, because look at the others that have had. They look like total weirdoes. She does not look like that, she is well able to move her face and inhabits it with all sorts of expressions. I actually think a lot of it is her natural and well maintained beauty.
    And poise. The gal has poise.

Malayalam wrote: »
    See, that's the thing, I don't think plastic surgery is the answer here. yes, she has for defo had surgery, but it is subtle and less is more, because look at the others that have had. They look like total weirdoes. She does not look like that, she is well able to move her face and inhabits it with all sorts of expressions. I actually think a lot of it is her natural and well maintained beauty.

I think thats quite an old stereotype of plastic surgery, from early 2000's and the 90's. Go on the site real self.com its where thousands of people post their plastic surgery results, the vast majority are subtle and good improvements.
    Plastic surgery that goes badly wrong is usually mentally ill people with severe body dysmorphia who think they need more and more until they're deformed

Regardless though, I agree she looks great, and I see nothing wrong with getting plastic surgery

I think thats quite an old stereotype of plastic surgery, from early 2000's and the 90's. Go on the site real self.com its where thousands of people post their plastic surgery results, the vast majority are subtle and good improvements.
    Plastic surgery that goes badly wrong is usually mentally ill people with severe body dysmorphia who think they need more and more until they're deformed

Regardless though, I agree she looks great, and I see nothing wrong with getting plastic surgery

Maybe I am mixing plastic surgery (ie facelifts) up with botox and other stuff that gives the total blank look a lot of stars in their 40s and 50s get.

I don't see anything wrong with a bit of surgery if that's what people need or wish. Having said that I do like the natural look also.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭DaeryssaOne

I watched a few episodes of that show when it was first on Netflix but couldn't maintain an interest (I think I may have actually just switched off halfway through an episode) but loads of my friends are also excited about the new series out this weekend. I may have to go back and give it another go!
    Agreed on how beautiful she is and having poise is a wonderful way to describe her, she's a lady - not something many females in Hollywood can attest to being!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Good genes help too:

jane2.jpg?w=600

Pac1Man wrote: »
    Good genes help too:

jane2.jpg?w=600

Wow, she was really stunning

She really was.

But she must have put in a bit of an effort. Brigitte Bardot was stunning too.
    Brigitte-Bardot-Hair-2.jpg
    And they are of similar vintage.

• Advertisement

She really was.

But she must have put in a bit of an effort. Brigitte Bardot was stunning too.
    Brigitte-Bardot-Hair-2.jpg
    And they are of similar vintage.

I love the way they did their hair and makeup then..there was something so 'classic beauty' looking about it

Go on the site real self.com its where thousands of people post their plastic surgery results, the vast majority are subtle and good improvements.

Wow, those pictures are insane. I had no idea that was possible. Better start saving now!! :D

Wow, those pictures are insane. I had no idea that was possible. Better start saving now!! :D

Yeh plastic surgery is pretty good now. I think people are just scared of it because of how hollywood guinea pigs came out looking when things like botox were first used :pac:
    Its still too expensive for most people to afford though unfortunately, from a high quality surgeon/practise at least

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Did you know ?

Barbarella received a "condemned" rating from the National Catholic Office for Motion Pictures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Dakota Dan

She looks like a cat looking at lightning.

Id say every famous person regularly in public eye over about 35 has regular plastic surgery. The ones who look 'weird' are the ones of them who had bad plastic surgery

She's mustn't have much plastic surgery as she's the head off her ould fella. On the other hand Dolly Parton is turning into Joan rivers.

Are you saying her face would look like a hand without surgery?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Good genes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 646 ✭✭✭koumi

I was gonna say no men but then I had a look and she's had lots of them.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,901 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Jane Fonda is a remarkable person. A stunning beauty, very intelligent and outspoken on social and political issues - she isn’t afraid to speak her mind and stand up for what she believes in. She’s long been a supporter of women’s rights, LGBT rights, was (in)famous for her anti-Vietnam war stance and is of course a superb actress. Also pretty much brought aerobics into the mainstream.

I’m certain she’s had cosmetic surgery done, very well done too, but good genes and facial bone structure also play a big part.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Chrongen

A month or so ago I checked out Grace and Frankie on Netflix. I thought I would hate it, but to my surprise I rolled into a complete binge watch of it, and thank goodness, series 4 is out today. So weird. Not my style. But - heck - I like it.

The thing that gets me often is that Jane Fonda looks so damn good. So does Lily Tomlin, she rocks too, but in a slightly more identifiably senior way - she has greying hair and arthritic looking fingers - although really she does look good too. But Jane Fonda! The woman is 80! 8-0! Take a look at her. Remember how 80 year old women used to look? Hell, remember how 60 year old women used to look...She absolutely rocks her flared jeans, has great decolletage, fabulous hair, and beautiful eyes. Her jaw bones are completely minus jowl. I know, I know...she has had plastic surgery, you say. Perhaps even more than once, you say...but come on. Lots of them stars have had plastic surgery and they all look crap on it, like freaks even. She has not had super extensive surgery. Instead she looks fantastic, and her wrinkles look charming. There must be something else going on, some inner fire. I think it's great that there is a show with old ladies that makes them sexy and cool and fun.
    How does she look that fab?

What always got me was Jane Fonda's voice. She always seems to speak with her eyes.

I might just watch one of the following tonight:

Klute
    Coming Home
    Stanley and Iris

koumi wrote: »
    I was gonna say no men but then I had a look and she's had lots of them.

Apparently a French film producer said that he couldn't continue his affair with her because she was "too sexually aggressive"

Are you EFFING kidding me????

My fave of Jane Fonda:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Imagine what her fanny looks like.

I'd say its amazing

Imagine what her fanny looks like.

I'd say its amazing

Give her your bellend, Hector.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,667 ✭✭✭Hector Bellend

Chrongen wrote: »
    Give her your bellend, Hector.

Then we could call her fonda bellend

• Advertisement

Dakota Dan wrote: »
    She's mustn't have much plastic surgery as she's the head off her ould fella. On the other hand Dolly Parton is turning into Joan rivers.

Are you saying her face would look like a hand without surgery?

Haha, thats a picture of her hand! Showing the difference in skin texture between her face had plastic surgery and hand which didn't

Then we could call her fonda bellend

Or bellend Fondler

WHHHOOOO

Haha, thats a picture of her hand! Showing the difference in skin texture between her face had plastic surgery and hand which didn't

I didn't know it was her hand, they say the hands give away your age.

Advertisement