Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile broadband contract

Options
  • 19-01-2018 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭

I signed up for a a mobile broadband contract about last november.
    1 year Contract @ 60 per month.

When I signed up I was getting speeds of 15-20 mbit/s which I was happy with.

Since the new year the speed has fallen off a cliff to where the service is unusable - less than 1mbit/s

They tell me there are no technical issues so it simply must be an overloaded mast.

Some examples of my speed:
    https://admurphy.com/eir/

How can I get out of this contract without penalty - Is it possible?

I was happy to pay the 60 euro per month for the service initially. But now it is totally unusable. Speeds have degraded by a factor of about 20.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Become a pain in their backside, eventually they'll release you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Very strange that the upload is extremely strong.

Maybe get this moved to the broadband forum and someone may have an idea as to the issue.

Would it be the modem itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭adm

CeilingFly wrote: »
    Very strange that the upload is extremely strong.

Maybe get this moved to the broadband forum and someone may have an idea as to the issue.

Would it be the modem itself?

No it's not the modem. They swore to me there were no technical issues.
    And yet now it appears to be back working again (after 3 weeks being awful) which is great.

They told me they 'reset your address'. I asked them what that means and the guy couldn't tell me.

I'm happy yet slightly annoyed. They are probably told never to admit to a technical problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

adm wrote: »
    They told me they 'reset your address'. I asked them what that means and the guy couldn't tell me.

I'm happy yet slightly annoyed. They are probably told never to admit to a technical problem.

call centre staff will never know tech terms, but something similar was done for me with three after they upgraded a local transmitter and I found a big drop in speed and immediately afterwards it was superfast and has stayed excellent since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭KatyMac

We had awful trouble with Eir. Kept ringing them/ pestering them and telling them that I wanted a reduction in my bill because I was not getting the service I'd paid for. I got a free month eventually and they sorted out the problem. But if there is even a tiny drop/problem use 'pester power'.

• Advertisement
Advertisement