Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Recommend game for a 7 year old - SWITCH

• 19-01-2018 3:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,222 ✭✭✭

I wouldnt be able to pick a Nintendo switch from a line up, so looking for some advice. Went through a few threads and most of the games are more adult games that people are talking about.

Any recommendations for a game for a 7 year old?
    Preferably something fun that she could play with her sisters or mam/dad?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

mel123 wrote: »
    I wouldnt be able to pick a Nintendo switch from a line up, so looking for some advice. Went through a few threads and most of the games are more adult games that people are talking about.

Any recommendations for a game for a 7 year old?
    Preferably something fun that she could play with her sisters or mam/dad?

Thanks in advance

Snipperclips would be a good start. And although I've never played it I would recommend looking at Overcooked. Supposed to be a great game in line with what you're looking for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

2nd on both of those. I have 4.5, 6.5 and 9 year old - they all love them both. They never make it to the end of the Snipperclips demo though, so get the free version :D
    Both cause fights like you wouldn't believe, and my wife is at the point where she's banning Overclocked, but they love it!

My eldest enjoyed Rocket League for a while, you can play 2 player but you're always on the same team. Arms is great fun, especially with 2 sets of joycons so you're jumping around. again, you can play online as a team but you'll do that while also playing solo rounds against others online.

While mine love Splatoon, you can't really play it together so it causes a lot of fights.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Mario Kart, Rayman Legends and Puyo Puyo Tetris would be a few more suggestions. Depending on her interests and whether she has them already or not of course. :)

Mario odyssey
    Chase McCain LEGO
    Mario kart

My 6year old loves these, so do I

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Minecraft, my nephew and niece are 5 and 7 and are nuts for it. Incidentally its around 16eur on the south Africa eshop but that might be a bit fiddley to do as it requires a bit a jigging stuff around.

Anyway minecraft switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, Odyssey, forgot about that. You can play 2 player, so while your kid learns the ropes you can basically protect them as the hat, and make jumps a little easier.

Mariokart has the steering and acceleration assist, which will get them round the course so they can learn the routes, then you turn off one, let them adjust, turn off the other, then HAMMER them!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So, not Doom then?
    Dang....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Banjo wrote: »
    Yeah, Odyssey, forgot about that. You can play 2 player, so while your kid learns the ropes you can basically protect them as the hat, and make jumps a little easier.

Mariokart has the steering and acceleration assist, which will get them round the course so they can learn the routes, then you turn off one, let them adjust, turn off the other, then HAMMER them!
    My missus played Mario Kart 8 and didn't realise the assist was on and she bet my. I haven't the heart to tell her but she never let's me forget she won me on a game I've been playing on the Wii U for years ha.

Advertisement