Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any deals for existing customers?

Options
  • 19-01-2018 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

Hi EI,

Just wondering if you guys have any deals for existing customers? My 12 months contract is nearly up, and usually with my phone/broadband/tv provider, I'd get an offer for entering a new contract. Just wondering if you guys offer anything similar? For example, is it possible to get the 175 sign up bonus again, for signing up for a further year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi spongerobinson,

The people to put this query to are the Electric Ireland Sales team, who can be contacted on 1850 30 50 90 until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 5.30pm on Saturdays.

If you have any account queries, please let us know - we will return on Monday.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Hi spongerobinson,

The people to put this query to are the Electric Ireland Sales team, who can be contacted on 1850 30 50 90 until 8pm Monday to Friday, and until 5.30pm on Saturdays.

Best regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una,

Is there a landline alternative you can provide me with for that number please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hi spongerobinson,

Best regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una,

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Davy wrote: »
    Hi spongerobinson,

Best regards,
    Una
    Thanks Una,

Thanks Davy!

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi spongerobinson,

Davy is correct. (Thanks Davy!)

If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭Squatter

My 12 months contract ended a couple of weeks ago and I've been shopping around, using the two handy websites (bonkers.ie and switcher.ie) to find the best deals.   Unsurprisingly, I found quite a few more attractive offers and decided to switch to another supplier on 31 Jan, as I knew that EI's rates were going up by 4% on 1 Feb.

But lo and behold what should drop through my letterbox on 30 Jan, but a circular letter from EI thanking me for choosing to stay with them and enclosing a EI Value Reward Price Plan leaflet giving details of the pre-1 Feb 2018 prices.   

Needless to add there was no mention of the imminent 4% price increase on the leaflet or in the circular letter dated 26 January 2018, i.e. just 5 days before the price increase would come into effect!     :mad:     Nice try EI - but I regard that as sharp practice!    

I'll see ye in 12 months when, no doubt, you'll  be offering me an attractive bonus for switching back!  :p

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭KellyXX

Try onebigswitch too.
    They have a great group deal.

Hi Squatter,

Apologies for any confusion.

Can you advise if the letter was dated prior to February 1st?

If so, we would like to flag this with the relevant department.

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot via private message? If you can't sent a screenshot via Boards, could you please sent it to us via Facebook, Twitter or via email to service@electricireland.ie.

We will also need you to confirm the following:
    • your name
    • your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • your account number
    • confirmation you are the account holder
    If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

Hi Squatter,

Apologies for any confusion.

Can you advise if the letter was dated prior to February 1st?

If so, we would like to flag this with the relevant department.

Would it be possible to send us a screenshot via private message? If you can't sent a screenshot via Boards, could you please sent it to us via Facebook, Twitter or via email to service@electricireland.ie.

We will also need you to confirm the following:
    • your name
    • your address
    • your contact number or date of birth
    • your account number
    • confirmation you are the account holder

[*]If there is anything else we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife
    [*]

Hi Aoife, 

Sorry for the slow reply but I've been away for a few days.  But if you read my earlier post carefully, you'll see that I have already provided the answer to your question!   ;)     This is what I wrote-    "....... the circular letter dated 26 January 2018, i.e.just 5 days before the price increase would come into effect!"

Unfortunately I can't send you a copy of the EI circular as I shredded it last week and the pieces are in my recycling bin!

Incidentally you may be interested to learn that BGE are messing me around at the moment so I may be coming back to you sooner than I thought!:p

Hi Squatter,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We have passed on your feedback to the relevant department.

As these letters are automatically generated, they contain the most up-to-date information on the account including the unit price as of the date on the letter.

The price change from February 1st was seperately communicated back in October: https://www.electricireland.ie/news-media/article//electricity-prices-to-increase-by-4-from-february-2018

We sincerely regret any confusion.

We are glad to read you are considering returning to Electric Ireland. If there is anything we can help you with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Aoife

• Advertisement

Thanks Aoife.

From your reply  I take it that the EI reps on Boards.ie don't think that it was a bit devious of EI to write to a customer five days before a 4% price increase is being introduced enclosing a page of the rates that are about to go up and telling him that he's getting the best value in the market?   :eek:

Oh dear!   It may not be dishonest, but it sure as heck isn't the best way to convince a customer that EI's marketing department observe the highest ethical standards!

There was no need to apologise for any confusion; I wasn't confused in the slightest, but I was taken aback at the barefaced deviousness of the letter.  

Still, caveat emptor, as they say!   

:(

Advertisement