Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

lertsnim wrote: »
    Not the funniest episode I've seen. It has its moments.

It wasn't phenomenal (pneumonia) :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    It wasn't phenomenal (pneumonia) :P

I thought it was hilarious at times. But daft but the kids loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Xmas special one of the worst things I have ever seen on television.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭vkus6mt3y8zg2q

JKerova1 wrote: »
    Xmas special one of the worst things I have ever seen on television.

Yep, awful effort

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

This is rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I watched it on bbc3 a while back.... I generally really like the show....but this one was poor.
    Robert Sheehan is a really bad actor, he was even poor at playing a pompous bad actor in this episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Really let the series down there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Yep, pretty awful alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Slanty

What the hell was that.

An absolute mare of a show and I was so looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭brian_t

In light of recent events, the mob attack on the car was a bit unfortunate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

gmisk wrote: »
    I watched it on bbc3 a while back.... I generally really like the show....but this one was poor.
    Robert Sheehan is a really bad actor, he was even poor at playing a pompous bad actor in this episode.

Yes, internationally renowned actor is really bad says internet nobody

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Try_harder wrote: »

I only know him from misfits and love hate... great in both imo

No issue with Robert Sheehan, it was a car crash from start to finish.

Had such potential especially with billy last episode but lost its way this one.

So disappointed but really hope they come back stronger. Thought there was a promising future for YO.😩

No issue with Robert Sheehan, it was a car crash from start to finish.

Had such potential especially with billy last episode but lost its way this one.

So disappointed but really hope they come back stronger. Thought there was a promising future for YO.😩

• Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

He was playing himself :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

That was poor. They tried to fit too much into a half hour show and the narrative was all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 6,858 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

I was really looking forward to this but have to say I thought it was truly awful. Very disappointed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

You would have to worry if they would have the material for another full series if that is the limit that they could muster together over months and months for a half hour episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

That episode was absolute scutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

It seems to be a case of diminishing returns with this series. The TV show wasn't as good as the film but it redeemed itself with a great finale.

Now it seems to be a case of going to the well one too many times. Doesn't bode well for the upcoming series.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,972 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Try_harder wrote: »
    So I am not allowed to have an opinion? Jesus get over urself.
    He was fine in misfits and love hate imo, but I have seen him in quite a few other things and he has been very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭weadick

brian_t wrote: »
    In light of recent events, the mob attack on the car was a bit unfortunate.

There was a bit at the start where Mairead says something like 'if we didn't have fires in our houses all the time the fire brigade would have nothing to do'. I didn't like that joke either, thought it was a bit distasteful given that grenfel tower isn't that long ago. In fact the whole show seems like one long series of middle class jokes about 'norries'.

So I am not allowed to have an opinion? Jesus get over urself.
    He was fine in misfits and love hate imo, but I have seen him in quite a few other things and he has been very poor.

You said he was a really bad actor.

Fact Check: False

I dont like him as an actor is perhaps what you meant

weadick wrote: »
    There was a bit at the start where Mairead says something like 'if we didn't have fires in our houses all the time the fire brigade would have nothing to do'. I didn't like that joke either, thought it was a bit distasteful given that grenfel tower isn't that long ago. In fact the whole show seems like one long series of middle class jokes about 'norries'.

Grenfell really???

It was ok episode really dragged on a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭BuboBubo

Paully D wrote: »
    That episode was absolute scutter.

Yup, I was very disappointed!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Jesus Christ :rolleyes:

It's middle-class voyeurism, which wouldn't be bad if it was funny, but it's not at all. I know north cork pretty well and I dont ever recall seeing a small boy riding a pony around a council estate, quad-bikes maybe. The people who make and act in YO are all from the posh parts of Cork and it really shows. They come from the same amateur dramatic society too which probably explains the standard of acting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

There was a bit at the start where Mairead says something like 'if we didn't have fires in our houses all the time the fire brigade would have nothing to do'. I didn't like that joke either, thought it was a bit distasteful given that grenfel tower isn't that long ago.

Jesus Wept.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Really didn't like it. I'm not entirely sure what the main focus of the story was, some scenes were painfully unfunny but yet so drawn out.for example, the coughing at the beginning, the toin coss rubbish, the repeat takes with Robert Sheahan in the church and the dramatic snow shower underwhelming conclusion.

It was a bit all over the place with no real effort at a decent story. The ending was atrocious. What was barely alright was the PJ Gallagher character in the cat when he was getting angrier and angrier.

Advertisement