Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,371 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

The two leads must be well into their 20's by now. How much longer can they go on playing secondary school pupils, or is that part of the joke?

About another 5 to 10 years going by many other tv shows over the years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Mickeroo wrote: »
    About another 5 to 10 years going by many other tv shows over the years.

Yep, The Inbetweeners, Friday Night Lights for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

brian_t wrote: »
    Filming for series 2 has started.
    Season 3 surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

The series is brilliant. But the crap one at Christmas was horrific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

Season 3 surely?

The film came first. Then the six episode series ending with the bus hijack.

Then the Christmas special. So next is series two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Seems like yet another RTE series overstaying its welcome.
    Its a BBC Series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The 2nd season will start on BBC 1 on Monday November 11th at 10.35pm

And starts on RTE One on Wednesday 13th November at 10.35pm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,123 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The 2nd season will start on BBC 1 on Monday November 11th at 10.35pm

that's very late for a station that needs every advantage it can give itself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭brian_t

that's very late for a station that needs every advantage it can give itself
    That's the usual timeslot for BBC3 programmes when shown on BBC 1.

It actually starts later at 12.05am (Tuesday) on BBC One Northern Ireland.

The whole series is available from 03 November on BBC Three.

• Advertisement

My apologies :o, that is actually a repeat.

It starts on RTE Two on Monday November 11th at 9.30pm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

All of Series 2 released on iPlayer this morning..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p07rqh8m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Why are Irish comedies always trying to make unlikable characters funny? First, the odious foulmouthed Agnes Brown and now these 2 brats Conor and Jock. I would not like to meet with or deal with any of these obnoxious characters in real life and do not find them funny on TV. The young Offenders would work best as a Love/Hate or Breaking Bad style drama but it is not comedy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

How do I watch season 2 now? Seems a bad joke to release it all in uk and we have to wait ridiculous

Any torrents floating yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 442 ✭✭freak scence

biggebruv wrote: »
    How do I watch season 2 now? Seems a bad joke to release it all in uk and we have to wait ridiculous

Any torrents floating yet?

yep

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Why are Irish comedies always trying to make unlikable characters funny? First, the odious foulmouthed Agnes Brown and now these 2 brats Conor and Jock. I would not like to meet with or deal with any of these obnoxious characters in real life and do not find them funny on TV. The young Offenders would work best as a Love/Hate or Breaking Bad style drama but it is not comedy.

You spout an unbelievable amount of shite for one man. It's almost impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

You spout an unbelievable amount of shite for one man. It's almost impressive.

Well, the truth is many city centres have been taken over in the evenings by thugs like these and they are anything but funny. Making a comedy about these types and glamourising them is no comfort to people who are robbed, have their tyres slashed, etc. by such types. Young Offenders should be a serious drama not comedy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭gifted

Well, the truth is many city centres have been taken over in the evenings by thugs like these and they are anything but funny. Making a comedy about these types and glamourising them is no comfort to people who are robbed, have their tyres slashed, etc. by such types. Young Offenders should be a serious drama not comedy.

Relax, it's a comedy. Not for you but a lot of people like it, I love it but I'm from cork so I get a lot of the humour. Don't think they're glamourising any crime, just showing what a couple of young fellows up to devilment are like. Also, take a lot of it with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

That was a nice binge for Sunday afternoon thanks bbc3 for releasing all in one go lol

It was good but I think season 1 was better
    The standout episodes were

Jocs long lost friend coming back to town
    The fish and chip van

I think they should scale back on that billy Murphy character though I don’t find him funny one bit more cringe imo

The parents are the funniest part of the whole show though they steal every scene

Look forward to a season 3 hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

So how would someone without a vpn go about watching the new series?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,999 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

S2 E1. Funniest thing I've seen in a long time. Plan to watch the rest tomorrow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

wathced all these on the iplayer last night

good lighthearted fun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Good episodes. The first episode was the standout but there was plenty to laugh at in the other five episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,260 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I'm from Cork so I love it, I wonder what the Brits make of it?

Just a few episodes in but its the same light hearted humor, I can relate to it alot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

rob316 wrote: »
    I'm from Cork so I love it, I wonder what the Brits make of it?

Just a few episodes in but its the same light hearted humor, I can relate to it alot.

I live in London and have told al my friends here about it, several different nationalities and the brits love it the most out of them all!

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭rickis tache

Thought it was very good. The lads are brilliant. A lot better than I thought I would be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,384 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

First episode had some good laughs - obviously influenced by the Inbetweeners on the storyline, which isn't a problem in itself.

I thought tonight's episode was brilliant,one of the best imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Away With The Fairies

It's like the Irish inbetweeners. Very good TV coming out from Cork.

Advertisement