Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Didn't think it was possible, but Billy has somehow become even more cringey as a character.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Acosta wrote: »
    The last couple of episodes of this have been woeful. They've run out of ideas.

definitely not out of ideas but out of gags!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

Didn't think it was possible, but Billy has somehow become even more cringey as a character.

I think the guy plays him well enough but is terribly written. At least this season anyway. I remember the writers of Father Ted said that by the third season they had run out of ideas for Jack so the character didn't have a lot to do. The YO writers clearly have no ideas for left for Billy but keep shoehorning him into every episode.

The best bits this season involve PJ Gallagher who really is the only decent comedy actor on the show. The girl from The Wind That Shakes The Barley that plays his wife is pretty funny too.

Really enjoyed tonight's episode, thought it was the funniest one of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Saw the film, enjoyed it. Just switched on the player and watched an episode where they went to Kerry. Without doubt the greatest load of shįte I can remember watching on television. And I’ve seen the late late show the last few weeks. Embarrassing stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Saw the film, enjoyed it. Just switched on the player and watched an episode where they went to Kerry. Without doubt the greatest load of shįte I can remember watching on television. And I’ve seen the late late show the last few weeks. Embarrassing stuff.

I haven't watched it in ages but tuned into that episode last night. A complete and utter pile of scutter. Not a single laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I haven't watched it in ages but tuned into that episode last night. A complete and utter pile of scutter. Not a single laugh.

Agree. It has been a poor season, with the best episode probably being the chip van one. And even that wasn't exactly a comic classic either.

Seems to be another one of these modern sacred cows (like Derry Girls) that's immune to criticism though.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Derry Girls is a far superior show to Young Offenders imo.

Anywhere Monday’s can be watched (without VPN messing)? I was away but it didn’t record, I don’t see a scheduled repeat, and it’s not showing as available on RTE player. Thanks.

I’ve enjoyed the second series so far. Not as good as the first but still, even comparing it to Derry Girls is doing it a disservice. DG is rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Apart from seeing some of my local cities sites this show is dire. Even worse than Misses Brown. Not funny it's mind boggling end it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I don’t think the show/concept is bad and they’ve had a couple of funny episodes this season, but it just feels like they’ve told their story now (the risk turning a movie into a TV show I guess) and are just keeping things up for viewing figures and to give everyone a paycheque.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Apart from seeing some of my local cities sites this show is dire. Even worse than Misses Brown. Not funny it's mind boggling end it now.

ah here, no need for this

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭brian_t

I don’t see a scheduled repeat.

RTE One always repeated it on Wednesday night but that was yesterday.

brian_t wrote: »
    RTE One always repeated it on Wednesday night but that was yesterday.

Wasn’t in the Virgin planner (though that being wrong wouldn’t be anything new). Cheers though.

i enjoyed the show over all but found this years lacking in good gags. It looked like it should be funny but fell short. Not enough PJ for a start.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

The show is actually horse sh*t, that crap with the two of them shagging in the car, gross.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,091 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Anywhere Monday’s can be watched (without VPN messing)? I was away but it didn’t record, I don’t see a scheduled repeat, and it’s not showing as available on RTE player. Thanks.
    Neither Monday's showing nor Wednesday's repeat were picked up on either of two Virgin boxes here. Not available on the RTE Player on either box.

It is listed on the RTE Player online, but I don't really want to watch on a laptop. Any other options?

• Registered Users Posts: 86,712 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

24th of July new series on RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 18,129 ✭✭✭✭rob316

It peaked with the movie, but its still good for a few laughs. My brother hates it, no way we sound like that he says its pure cringe. We do kid I tell him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭brian_t

If you can access BBC Three it will be available there from Sunday July 19th.

• Advertisement

The third season of The Young Offenders will premiere on BBC Three on Sunday July 19th at 6am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    The third season of The Young Offenders will premiere on BBC Three on Sunday July 19th at 6am

That's a bit early.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,923 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Yester wrote: »
    That's a bit early.
    That's when they'll go online essentially.. that's not when they're being broadcast

rob316 wrote: »
    It peaked with the movie, but its still good for a few laughs. My brother hates it, no way we sound like that he says its pure cringe. We do kid I tell him :D

the movie was first?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I thought the last one was the third series?

How cute is the baby Star

• Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

It's pretty ermmm not very good .....not the greatest this evening.

Actually it's pretty awful ....hopefully gets better

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

This is... Painful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Always was.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Its reminding me of that film years ago with Tom Selleck Three Men and a baby; three men get into all sorts of scrapes while looking after a baby, hilarity ensues, etc. Father Ted took the piss out of it in their Christmas special when it opened with a baby showing up on their doorstep and Ted said sarcastically imagine all the mayhem three priests could have had looking after a baby.

Advertisement