Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

The series improves from ep3 I think , recreational drugs made an appearance which I thought was lacking so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭acequion

I watched the first two episodes of season 3 on Player and really enjoyed both.

The criticism here is completely ott. Granted the series has its flaws and most of season 2 was poor but the Conor, Jock and Billy characters are really funny in their oafishness and stereotypical Cork accents. And maybe some sketches lack originality and maybe there's a bit too much bad language but so what if it makes people laugh!

Do people not need a laugh in these glum times? I sure do and it did just that. So looking forward to the next episode! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Non solum non ambulabit

acequion wrote: »
    Do people not need a laugh in these glum times? I sure do and it did just that. So looking forward to the next episode! :D

Fair play to you if you get a laugh out it.

But for me it has completely lost it's way. Season 2 & 3 were filmed back to back and it shows. Jokes are non existent as the weak material was stretched to the limit.

Won't be back for a 4th series for a reason, let's put it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,970 ✭✭✭furiousox

Anyone watching this tonight?
    It's woeful!!

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 86,709 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

The series improves from ep3 I think , recreational drugs made an appearance which I thought was lacking so far

Mrs. Doyle a therapist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,903 ✭✭✭gifted

furiousox wrote: »
    Anyone watching this tonight?
    It's woeful!!

It's really gone downhill.....very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭cute geoge

A couple of laughs out of tonights eposide ,The lads getting the money off the man filling the petrol and mairead forgetting to open the window
    when throwing out her bottle of wewe were sort of funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

acequion wrote: »

They do indeed, which is why I've watched a load of Curb recently.

Acosta wrote: »

How intellectual of you. There’s more laughs at a wake than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

Tbh being from Cork the main reason I look at it the odd time is to see if I recognise locations or if I know anyone appearing as extras or small speaking parts (nearly always do). If it wasn't for that I wouldn't bother as comedy wise it's pretty poor and it's not getting any better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Are you seriously questioning the comedic value of curb, an internationally recognised work of genius on an Irish comedy show thread? Foooock off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Am I the only one who wanted the Garda to catch them last week when they were in the warehouse? Feckers should be locked up.

Are you seriously questioning the comedic value of curb, an internationally recognised work of genius on an Irish comedy show thread? Foooock off :)

For me there is no comedy in it at all. People watch it to say they watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Acosta

In fairness you're giving me more of a laugh than anything in the current season of TYO, but sure if you enjoy it then good luck to ya.

In fairness you're giving me more of a laugh than anything in the current season of TYO, but sure if you enjoy it then good luck to ya.

That’s usually how it goest with a fan of the show alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Mairead punching the guard at the end was ridiculous, like is that condoning domestic violence, he just lets her punch her and does nothing about it after. Really stupid. I found the bnb stuff funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Higgins5473

Tbh being from Cork the main reason I look at it the odd time is to see if I recognise locations or if I know anyone appearing as extras or small speaking parts (nearly always do). If it wasn't for that I wouldn't bother as comedy wise it's pretty poor and it's not getting any better.

That was the only reason I saw that pile of ****e normal people through to the last episode.

Way better tonight and not a single post. Says it all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭fr336

Curb is the best of the best. I would tell people i watch it if anyone i knew watched it. If youre looking for unfunny arty comedy try ricky gervais

fr336 wrote: »
    Curb is the best of the best. I would tell people i watch it if anyone i knew watched it. If youre looking for unfunny arty comedy try ricky gervais

Curb is the king of unfunny arty comedy. Timing is king.

• Advertisement

Not home tonight so didn't see tonight's episode.
    Glad to hear theres an improvement, hopefully they can keep it up.

CPL 593H

Curb is the king of unfunny arty comedy. Timing is king.

There is nothing arty about curb it doesnt even have a script!

I love curb and Larry David.
    Earlier seasons had me laughing til I cried.
    (beloved aunt)
    Latter seasons raised a few lols and chuckles but still way superior to most tv comedy (imo)

CPL 593H

Pretty pretty pretty good so i hear

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

It's an awful programme and runs Mrs brown close for the sh1test comedy on the telly.

furiousox wrote: »
    I love curb and Larry David.
    Earlier seasons had me laughing til I cried.
    (beloved aunt)
    Latter seasons raised a few lols and chuckles but still way superior to most tv comedy (imo)

I just love how he exaggerates situations we come into contact with on a daily basis. Larry is us, our hero in a world of idiots. Susie is hilarious also

I think i got through the first series but couldnt stomach more. Its just not funny and throws in sentimental crap. The set up could be good but the script isnt good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 870 ✭✭✭barney shamrock

I think i got through the first series but couldnt stomach more. Its just not funny and throws in sentimental crap. The set up could be good but the script isnt good enough.

Curb or young offenders? :-)

Curb or young offenders? :-)

Young offenders!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,384 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Way better from a very low base.

None of the characters are likeable or relatable. Siobhan and the hotel manager were particularly bad. Best episode of a bad bunch but still not great. No real laugh out moments at all.

Advertisement