Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭brian_t

I watch this from a recording. It makes it very easy to skip the six minute ad break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Aw I think it’s great. Just fin episode 2.
    It’s heartwarming in places and so many lol moments

I could do without pj Gallagher in it though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Episode 2 was magnificent. Had tears in my eyes from laughing. Brilliant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

I missed the second episode but it’s on after graham norton tonight on bbc1 if anyone is in the same boat. (No ads!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just watched the 3rd episode and this is just exceptional TV. All 3 episodes have been fantastic with the 3rd being the best so far, really just brilliant to watch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Enjoying it so far. Can be hit and miss. As a Corkonian its nice to see places I recognise. Some poignant moments in ep 3.

Dick warming :pac:

The two leads are daycent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I dunno, I thought episode 2 was a big drop in quality. PJ Gallagher's wife in it was so bad, any scene with her in it was a write off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Has there not only been two episodes so far? Everyone keeps saying they seen the third?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Loved the first two episodes of this, and I knew nothing about it beforehand. Handily, it came on after Derry Girls ended. Irish TV comedy seems alive and well.

Has there not only been two episodes so far? Everyone keeps saying they seen the third?

Third is on BBC iPlayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

2 have aired on rte but bbc are ahead by a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Third is on BBC iPlayer

How can I access it in Ireland, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭brian_t

2 have aired on rte but bbc are ahead by a week.

Only on the Player.

RTE2 airs the episode the day before BBC1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

This is miiiilllllles better than Derry Girls.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Rekop dog wrote: »

Different league!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seen two episodes now and really liked it

Arguably the best comedy that RTE have been involved with.

Some of the criticisms here are OTT in my opinon. PJ Gallagher has been very good in this. Cast is solid all round.

Think it's just a lot of anti-RTE begrudgery.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I think so too... couldn’t take to it at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seen two episodes now and really liked it

Some of the criticisms here are OTT in my opinon. PJ Gallagher has been very good in this. Cast is solid all round.

Think it's just a lot of ant-RTE begrudgery.

You'll always get some who don't like it, probably the type who find Mrs Brown Boys funny.

The comic timing and subtleties in this are very impressive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

It’s beyond rare that a comedy tv series can be both comedic and really touching at the same time without being saccharine and over the top. This manages to be wildly funny and somehow heartfelt and hasn’t been too sweet to be wholesome at any point.

The film was gas and if you didn’t think so well then fine.( But you might be dead inside. ) The series is working off the same themes and there’s a lot going on on many levels and it’s a credit to the creators but most of all to the two main leads who are delivering it so well.

Greenlit for a second season. That doesn’t happen unless it’s serious quality.

david75 wrote: »
    Greenlit for a second season. That doesn’t happen unless it’s serious quality.

Really? I don't think quality ever has much involvement in whether a season gets renewed!! It's all about viewers/money. Quality sure helps with those, but it could be the greatest p!le of sh!t ever but have a loyal viewership and get renewed.

• Advertisement

Really? I don't think quality ever has much involvement in whether a season gets renewed!! It's all about viewers/money. Quality sure helps with those, but it could be the greatest p!le of sh!t ever but have a loyal viewership and get renewed.

Its on the BBC, no ad revenue from the show!

Its being renewed as its the funniest show on terrestrial TV currently bar none!!

frag420 wrote: »
    Its on the BBC, no ad revenue from the show!

Its being renewed as its the funniest show on terrestrial TV currently bar none!!

So the BBC doesn't take ratings into account at all......or hype or interest....

Yeah I'll just bow out of this debate right here.

So the BBC doesn't take ratings into account at all......or hype or interest....

Yeah I'll just bow out of this debate right here.

they do take ratings, hype and interest into account, that’s why it’s being renewed!

It’s not a debate so no worries, close the door in your way out!

So anyway! Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed so far. The first one got a pass due to the fact it was bringing those who didn't see the film into the fold, but the second was very miss and the odd rare hit. Will stick with it for another few though as I do love the 2 main characters and the film was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

Thought this was a BBC series?

I dunno, I thought episode 2 was a big drop in quality. PJ Gallagher's wife in it was so bad, any scene with her in it was a write off.

She is an awful actress. You might remember her over-acting in Wind that Shakes the Barley...''there are refugees ALL over Dublin Damien!!!''

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

She's married to the shows writer...

Addle wrote: »
    She's married to the shows writer...

No Hilary Rose is married to the writer, she is pretty decent, but PJ Gallagher's wife in it is the one who was in Wind that Shakes the Barley.

Yep, Hilary is decent.

The other one, jaysus, unwatchable. Just overacts and curses. Sounds more Limerick than Cork, and comes across as a much bigger "knacker" than the 2 lads the father has a huge issue with. Abysmal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

JKerova1 wrote: »
    She is an awful actress. You might remember her over-acting in Wind that Shakes the Barley...''there are refugees ALL over Dublin Damien!!!''
    Thank you, I knew recognized her from somewhere, just couldn’t put my finger on it.

I just thinkthe two lads going over to the principles house unrealistic, they are probably the two biggest troublemakers in the school, he doesn’t want his daughters hanging around them, there’s no way they would be invite them into his house.

Advertisement