Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

You do realise it's fiction?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Some day I'm going to die, and I'll look back with regret and wonder, why the F I didn't go onto boards.ie and argue about the programmes I didn't like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

Addle wrote: »

Seemingly half the thread don't!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Some day I'm going to die, and I'll look back with regret and wonder, why the F I didn't go onto boards.ie and argue about the programmes I didn't like.

It’s a discussion thread. Most making negative points seemed to have enjoyed the film, so are just voicing their disappointment.

You could have added your opinion in the time it took you to say you didn’t have time to.

It’s a discussion thread. Most making negative points seemed to have enjoyed the film, so are just voicing their disappointment.

You could have added your opinion in the time it took you to say you didn’t have time to.

Did I not give my opinion earlier in the thread? Thought I did.
    Anyway, enjoyed the film, and enjoying the programme. Not fall of the chair laughing but I take it for what it is.
    As another poster said, comedy is subjective. Just because one person dosnt like it doesn't mean it's ****.
    Its just not their thing

Also have plenty of time to add my opinion, just don't have the interest to go to other forums to tell people what they like is ****.
    Different strokes and all that

• Advertisement

Did I not give my opinion earlier in the thread? Thought I did.
    Anyway, enjoyed the film, and enjoying the programme. Not fall of the chair laughing but I take it for what it is.
    As another poster said, comedy is subjective. Just because one person dosnt like it doesn't mean it's ****.
    Its just not their thing

And they’re just as entitled to voice that.

Some people seem to totally miss the point of boards.

And they’re just as entitled to voice that.

Some people seem to totally miss the point of boards.

No I just mean the arguing back and forth. Some like it, some don't. Fair enough.
    The arguing isn't going to change minds. The last few pages taken up with it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Personally if I don’t like something I don’t spend any further energy engaging in it or discussing it pointlessly on an Internet forum.

There’s amazing tv out there that I could watch and get into and enjoy.

Sitting at a keyboard repeatedly complaining about something seems utterly pointless and leads you to wonder why anyone would bother engaging in such an activity.

Addle wrote: »

Yup. ****e fiction.

I agree, full site bans from here on for anyone who says anything negative about anything that has it's own thread.

david75 wrote: »
    Personally if I don’t like something I don’t spend any further energy engaging in it or discussing it pointlessly on an Internet forum.

There’s amazing tv out there that I could watch and get into and enjoy.

Sitting at a keyboard repeatedly complaining about something seems utterly pointless and leads you to wonder why anyone would bother engaging in such an activity.

Yeah, cos your 10,000 posts in the recent Star Wars thread makes you a great voice of reason.

It’s a discussion.

• Advertisement

Yup. ****e fiction.

I agree, full site bans from here on for anyone who says anything negative about anything that has it's own thread.

Did you miss my following posts?
    You don't like it. Fair enough. Others do. Yet you feel the need to reply still about it being ****e fiction?
    Would it not be better to continue a conversation on a show you do like instead?
    I'm complained about the last few pages of this being arguing and now I'm contributing.
    I'm out, I enjoy the show, don't think it's a classic but will watch it on Thursday again.

Yeah, cos your 10,000 posts in the recent Star Wars thread makes you a great voice of reason.

It’s a discussion.

Made my point for me. Thank you.
    Something I care about and talk about.

I’ve no interest in football or knitting. I’ve tried them both and found they weren’t for me.

I’m not spending actual hours of my life in threads about knitting or football crapping on and ranting about them and trying to convince people to agree with me.

You aren’t goibg to convince someone who has enjoyed this series to date, that it’s sh!t simply because you say so. So why are you bothering??

Made my point for me. Thank you.
    Something I care about and talk about.

I’ve no interest in football or knitting. I’ve tried them both and found they weren’t for me.

I’m not spending actual hours of my life in threads about knitting or football crapping on and ranting about them and trying to convince people to agree with me.

You aren’t goibg to convince someone who has enjoyed this series to date, that it’s sh!t simply because you say so. So why are you bothering??

Your point was the question people would waste hours discussing a show they didn’t enjoy when they could just as easily use that time on another show.

That exact same point can be made against you defending a show on boards, or a film in your case :pac:

Petty.

I’m not trying to convince anyone it’s sh!t by the way.

You might be mixing me up with someone else.

I do find it interesting how defensive or hostile folk in here are getting towards anyone with anything approaching negativity towards this bang average show.

Honestly the thread is more interesting than the show:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

First half of the first episode was very poor.

Don't agree with this since it was a re-hash of the film.
    Just an exact same rehash as the movie. Second half was a good bit better. Has potential.

Agree with the rehash bit but they are setting the scene for those who have not seen the film

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Your point was the question people would waste hours discussing a show they didn’t enjoy when they could just as easily use that time on another show.

That exact same point can be made against you defending a show on boards, or a film in your case :pac:

Petty.

I do find it interesting how defensive or hostile folk in here are getting towards anyone with anything approaching negativity towards this bang average show.

It’s weird how wound up some people are getting because others don’t like it.

Did you miss my following posts?
    You don't like it. Fair enough. Others do. Yet you feel the need to reply still about it being ****e fiction?
    Would it not be better to continue a conversation on a show you do like instead?
    I'm complained about the last few pages of this being arguing and now I'm contributing.
    I'm out, I enjoy the show, don't think it's a classic but will watch it on Thursday again.

Well, actually.. I made one post. To which someone replied, asking did I know it was fiction. I replied.

That (aside from this post) has been my contribution. I haven't argued at all. I made a single post and then replied to someone's comment?

In regards to:

What difference would it make? It's a discussion board. A place where opinions are mixed and debates get heated. Where people who love and hate things discuss them.

I don't tell people to get out of the thread because they don't like something that I do like.

"What do you mean Only Fools & Horses wasn't very realistic!? Stop posting here!!" It's all a bit childish and silly (not aiming this directly at you, but the feel of the thread in general is so overly defensive and gives a vibe that it's just destined to be full of 'no, I love it more than you!' comments).

Petty.

I’ll ask another way then.

What are you trying to prove?
    What is the point?

You didn’t like it. We heard you. At length. Why are still going on about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

fin12 wrote: »
    I loved when somebody shouted prick in the yard when the principle was there.

I broke myself laughing at this. It's the simple things that can be the funniest.

I was worried that this would be ****e but, honestly, I'm really enjoying it.

I’ll ask another way then.

What are you trying to prove?
    What is the point?

You didn’t like it. We heard you. At length. Why are still going on about it?

I’m responding directly to childish petty and snide posts by you directed at me and more specifically a couple of others.

You don’t like that people are posting negative comments about the show, why are you repeating yourself? Why are you being so close minded? Why can’t you see the irony in your posts? :pac:

I’m responding directly to childish petty and snide posts by you directed at me and more specifically a couple of others.

You don’t like that people are posting negative comments about the show, why are you repeating yourself? Why are you being so close minded? Why can’t you see the irony in your posts? :pac:

If you don’t see the blatant and obvious childishness in your above post it tells us everything. You don’t seem to be listening.

You didn’t like it. Grand. We all heard you. You’re getting in the way of people wanting to discuss the show and why they did enjoy it.

Do you understand that much so far?

It’s obviously hit some sort of insecurity you have that you keep posting. Why not move along stop trolling and attacking people and find something you do enjoy to talk about?

You are trolling at this point imo.

• Advertisement

If you don’t see the blatant and obvious childishness in your above post it tells us everything. You don’t seem to be listening.

You didn’t like it. Grand. We all heard you. You’re getting in the way of people wanting to discuss the show and why they did enjoy it.

Do you understand that much so far?

It’s obviously hit some sort of insecurity you have that you keep posting. Why not move along stop trolling and attacking people and find something you do enjoy to talk about?

You are trolling at this point imo.

I like the show a lot more than your nonsense posts.

You’re missing the fact over and over that I’ve more issue with the manner of your posts than the show.

I very much liked the film, enjoyed the first episode, but was disappointed with the second.

You’ve missed all that in your epic blabber though.

Insecurities? Trolling? Careful there hot shot...

I’ll not be responding to you any further. You already ruined one thread I was interested in before you hijacked it.

I like the show a lot more than your nonsense posts.

You’re missing the fact over and over that I’ve more issue with the manner of your posts than the show.

I very much liked the film, enjoyed the first episode, but was disappointed with the second.

You’ve missed all that in your epic blabber though.

Insecurities? Trolling? Careful there hot shot...

I’ll not be responding to you any further. You already ruined one thread I was interested in before you hijacked it.

More personal attacks. Both reported.
    Lucky you. I won’t be postin here anymore until you’ve gone.

You sh!tbombed Star Wars threads? Can say I noticed.

No interest in empty back and forth bvllsh!t with someone who consistently hates.
    Find something you love and go for it. You’re just doing everyone’s head in being a headwrecker for people that do enjoy something. I’d like to think you’re better than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Mod note: keep things civil and stop the bickering. david75 & johnpatrick81, consider yourselves both warned and on notice here. Anymore of that from last night and cards will be handed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Well... that was just lovely. Wasn’t as laugh out loud funny as episode 2 but this show has a lovely warm centre to it that is something wonderful altogether.

Nice to hear the Sultans on the soundtrack too.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 farrell2121

Anyone any idea which School was used for filming ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

What a delightful episode. Lovely heart and plenty funny too. 3 episodes for 3 right now.

• Best Irish comedy since the Savage Eye. Joyous.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

The preview of ep. 4 looked brilliant too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Anyone any idea which School was used for filming ?

Terence MacSwiney Community College, Hollyhill

http://tmscc.ie

Advertisement