Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Pal of mine is working on it. Apparently 5 and 6 bring it to a whole other level of brilliant. Can’t wait :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

This was quite a heart warming episode, but I suspect Jock's mother's story is designed to allow for a resurrection down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Heckler

I'm probably biased being from Cork.

I enjoyed the movie and the series is running pretty much in the same vein.

Its pure nonsense and thats what its supposed to be. One or two laugh out louds, plenty of smiles and in the end it has a feel good factor and a good heart.

You never really saw that kinda of Sham around Cork. The caesar haircut, the neck bling, bum fluff moustache and the tracksuit tucked into the socks. More of a Dublin thing.

People taking it waaay too seriously. Probably Jackeens :P:P:P

I'm in my 40's and the only time in my life I have ever heard of Cork being to referred to as the "real capital" is when it came from people outside cork slagging me because of it. Heads up lads and lassies.......

Its a windup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,867 ✭✭✭budhabob

Heckler wrote: »
    I'm probably biased being from Cork.

I enjoyed the movie and the series is running pretty much in the same vein.

Its pure nonsense and thats what its supposed to be. One or two laugh out louds, plenty of smiles and in the end it has a feel good factor and a good heart.

You never really saw that kinda of Sham around Cork. The caesar haircut, the neck bling, bum fluff moustache and the tracksuit tucked into the socks. More of a Dublin thing.

People taking it waaay too seriously. Probably Jackeens :P:P:P

I'm in my 40's and the only time in my life I have ever heard of Cork being to referred to as the "real capital" is when it came from people outside cork slagging me because of it. Heads up lads and lassies.......

Its a windup.

im from Cork too.....and think that's a pretty accurate representation on the "look" from areas in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Caught up with last night's episode. I am a man turning 30 next week and I was very weepy at the end there. For feck sake :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Caught up with last night's episode. I am a man turning 30 next week and I was very weepy at the end there. For feck sake :D

My wife was in floods of tears at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

My wife was in floods of tears at the end

My wife was a bit teary too.

That swimming scene after jumping off the shaky bridge had me in tears! Give him a minute before throwing in the lifebuoy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I remember when it was really warm one summer people were jumping off the Marydyke bridge, the walk there before you get to UCC psychology department.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BoroMan32

duridian wrote: »
    This was quite a heart warming episode, but I suspect Jock's mother's story is designed to allow for a resurrection down the line.

That was about as subtle as a sledgehammer alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

BoroMan32 wrote: »
    That was about as subtle as a sledgehammer alright.

I thought the story of the mother was implying she commited suicide.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I just love this. Genuine laugh out loud moments and really sweet

And I bawled at the end!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Heckler

budhabob wrote: »
    im from Cork too.....and think that's a pretty accurate representation on the "look" from areas in cork.

Ah but sure I'm from the posh southside biy :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Watched the first 3 episodes. Not for me either tbh. It's just not funny..but whatever does it for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,994 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

She’s meant to overact within an inch of her life, and get the accent wrong?! :pac:

Sure thing Martin.

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

What are you actually on about? The Young Offenders has nothing to do with Love/Hate - it's not trying to be a comedy version of Love/Hate, none of the same people are involved, it's another thing entirely.

It’s a different shark Ted.

An amazing shark at that.

The two lads are great and I think the actress that plays siobhán is outstanding. It's a well made series so far surprisingly well balanced.
    Little things such as how the alcoholic father wasn't a stereotype he was in the last stages of being poisoned to death make it stand out on RTÉ....
    I also find it hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

fin12 wrote: »
    I was watching with my dad and we were saying we thought they should have had the principle living in Montenotte. What area do the two lads live in then?

pretty sure this is the house https://www.google.ie/maps/@51.9145735,-8.4376889,3a,27.9y,152.22h,93.73t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sFtxIz3ICnEhjJmeU3xlKxg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

And Where's your house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

And Where's your house?

within 3 minutes drive of both those houses :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Just catching up on this now on BBC iPlayer. Just watched episode 2, pretty decent so far. The opening chords of Come Back Girl banging out out of the blue brought a smile to my face and transported me to another time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Watched the 4th episode last night, takes a different turn to the previous 3, not as many laugh out loud moments but still enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭danoriordan1402

just catching up with the series - enjoying it so far. Which graveyard did they visit in Episode3, on the way back from it, it looked like they were at the top of Cathedral road looking down to the city??

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭unhappyBB

just catching up with the series - enjoying it so far. Which graveyard did they visit in Episode3, on the way back from it, it looked like they were at the top of Cathedral road looking down to the city??

Ya, they were in the graveyard next to Wilton SC and walked home from Cathedral road looking down towards the cathedral.
    I think we'll definitely be seeing jocks Mam at some stage.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,836 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Some good bits in this show, genuine laugh out moments......is LCD spelt wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Colibri

Sittin' in a car with ma-ma-mairead:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

Crikey! We owned that exact model of Hotpoint fridge about 25-30 years ago! Talk about nostalgia.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

If a half hour long tv show can make you laugh out loud then bawl crying in the same episode it says something about the quality of the writin and performances. (Or your mental state maybe?) screw that though.
    I watched 3&4 back to back and I was in a heap after them but in a good way.
    I’ve a few mates from different countries watching it as I was eager to see would it connect with them, thought it might be too specific to Ireland both in humour and language.
    Nope. They absolutely love it too.

This series is brilliant. Hope they keep knocking it out of the park in season two.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Colibri wrote: »
    Sittin' in a car with ma-ma-mairead:pac:

We need a remix on YouTube now. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,474 ✭✭✭valoren

Watched 2nd episode and thought it was average. Will watch the 3rd one to confirm.

Advertisement