Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,917 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Enjoying YO it's got a fresh vibe, got a mix of drama and comedy and it's based in Cork, what's not to like.
    Derry girls is good but it lacks something, not sure what.
    Both are very watchable in comparison to some of the crap thats on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,454 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

Just watched the final episode(I think it was anyway), it was fantastic. Really looking forward to the 2nd series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Probably the weakest episode in comparison to the rest but still enjoyable. I just love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just watched the final episode(I think it was anyway), it was fantastic. Really looking forward to the 2nd series.

Final episode is next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

fin12 wrote: »
    Who came up with the idea of sh*t in the hand dryer. That’s pretty disguisting to think of something like that.

The film is a lot better than this.

I would say it was the writers who thought of it and the idea was to be pretty disgusting.

I think the series and film have both been strong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

murpho999 wrote: »

It has already been on BBC and was absolute rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

I loved this weeks episode and im delighted its renewed for a second season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭prodsc

I agree the series is not just about comedy..there is much more going on..the With or Without You episode was both comedic and dark/loving. Episode 6 is daft but loving but dark comedy...looking forward to S2..After all I really need you!

Ps. being from the North originally I feel it's a better series than DG..though it had it's moments..Round 2 will see what's best!!

murpho999 wrote: »

Sorry, I should have clarified it wasn't the one aired on rte during the week.

JKerova1 wrote: »
    It has already been on BBC and was absolute rubbish.

You admitted you skipped through parts so no, unfortunately your opinion can't be taken seriously on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Episode 6 was great -
    I was hoping we'd get to see a bit more of Billy throughout the series, so it was good that he was such an essential part of the final episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Episode 6 was great - I was hoping we'd get to see a bit more of Billy throughout the series, so it was good that he was such an essential part of the final episode.

Spoiler that sh1t

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭JKerova1

You admitted you skipped through parts so no, unfortunately your opinion can't be taken seriously on it.

I watched 99% of it and even that was too much. It was really poor stuff and I enjoyed some of the previous two episodes. I have a feeling some of the people commenting here have a connection to the makers of YO because there is absolutely no way that anyone with half a brain could look at episodes 5 or 6 and say they were good. When it comes down to it it's just posh people acting as norries which isn't funny or clever I'm sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,773 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Last episode was great. Very funny.
    I have a feeling some of the people commenting here have a connection to the makers of YO because there is absolutely no way that anyone with half a brain could look at episodes 5 or 6 and say they were good.

People with a differing opinion to you. They must be related somehow to the thing they like!!

Grow up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Went to the finale in the English Market. Great atmosphere, and great fun. The final episode is very very funny. Absolutely loved the
    After All singalong. Was wondering why the Franks weren’t on the soundtrack in the first five episodes - I guess that’s why! The band were in the crowd too, and they were loving it.

Left the screening with a big smile on my face, as did everyone else. It was so much fun watching it with an audience - everyone clapped and “awwwww”-ed and laughed along, and even sang along. Great stuff.

Can’t wait for series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,050 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I watched 99% of it and even that was too much. It was really poor stuff and I enjoyed some of the previous two episodes. I have a feeling some of the people commenting here have a connection to the makers of YO because there is absolutely no way that anyone with half a brain could look at episodes 5 or 6 and say they were good. When it comes down to it it's just posh people acting as norries which isn't funny or clever I'm sorry.

It's called acting dear boy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Heckler

Enjoyed the movie and the series. Sure being from Cork I'm naturally biased. I normally hate hearing the cork accent on screen eg. disco pigs I think it sounds so bad.

But for all the affability of the movie I think the series had a great bit of heart. Sure, it was clunky in bits but so what. I think it may be better left at the one series but already a second in the pipeline i believe. Not sure I want to watch a series of Joc and Siobhains parenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,497 ✭✭✭Yester

Roar wrote: »
    Went to the finale in the English Market. Great atmosphere, and great fun. The final episode is very very funny. Absolutely loved the
    After All singalong. Was wondering why the Franks weren’t on the soundtrack in the first five episodes - I guess that’s why! The band were in the crowd too, and they were loving it.

Left the screening with a big smile on my face, as did everyone else. It was so much fun watching it with an audience - everyone clapped and “awwwww”-ed and laughed along, and even sang along. Great stuff.

Can’t wait for series 2.

Yes I was there as well. Great buzz around the place. Really enjoyed the last episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭pitifulgod

Finished the last episode. Found episode 1 was only okay but after that, I was completely sold. They've added a layer of drama that was hinted at in the film and expanded upon it. The graveside song of With or Without You being the particular standout in terms of a mixture of comedy and drama. But yep, I adore all the characters and they've become 3 dimensional, even the principal. More than simply caricatures.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,713 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Spoiler that sh1t

Why if BBC 1 and/or BBC 3 have aired it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Why if BBC 1 and/or BBC 3 have aired it?

Because this is a television forum where a lot of people won't have seen the latest episode as it hasn't been on RTE yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭Pinkman

Thought the fifth episode was by far the weakest but found the final episode a great laugh. What are the ratings like for this? RTE's News report on Saturday said it gets over a million viewers on both sides of the Irish sea. Surely it doesn't get a million viewers here? The LLS only gets about half that these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Xofpod

Haven't seen the last episode yet but I understand there's a key Cork musical element. Has anyone made a list of the music in the series? I loved the timely use of the Sultan's Turnip Fish in episode 5....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,705 ✭✭✭brian_t

Pinkman wrote: »
    What are the ratings like for this? RTE's News report on Saturday said it gets over a million viewers on both sides of the Irish sea. Surely it doesn't get a million viewers here? The LLS only gets about half that these days.

According to digitalspy episode 4 got 1.09 million viewers on BBC1

22:40: The Young Offenders - 1.09m (9.5%)
    https://forums.digitalspy.com/discussion/comment/89465038#Comment_89465038

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

that’s brilliant news. Delighted for them :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Last episode was great with many LOL moments.

"That prick Sgt Healy" had me in stitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Delightful final episode, loved it. Cracking series, can't wait for series 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm getting Billy Murphy mixed up with Jocks dad, the actors must be related in real life or something

anyone else think that ??

very good series and looking forward to the 2nd series

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ConcertKing

Billy Murphy is by far the funniest character in the show!Was so happy we saw lots of him in the final episode of this series!

Advertisement