Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Young Offenders TV series (BBC3 / RTE)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm going to be so disappointed the next time I'm on the bus and we don't all break in to a sing-song of "After All" - it would be great if that just became a regular thing that started happening all over the Country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭adaminho

Billy Murphy is by far the funniest character in the show!Was so happy we saw lots of him in the final episode of this series!

I'd gladly watch a Billy spinoff show!

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭kifi

What an awful show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

kifi wrote: »
    What an awful show.

Jaysus, another one that thought it was s#it but still watched every episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭Optimalprimerib

That last episode was horrible. I was showing this to others trying to convince them to watch the movie. This did not help

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

I was full sure he was going to stab himself accidently during the sing song. That was a brilliant episode. Had us in stitches from start to finish.

I really like the subtle reminders that this is based in a socioeconomically deprived area with all the problems that entails - Jocks alcoholic and violent father, Conors mam being the single mom struggling week to week, and last night the hint as to how Billy Murphy ended up the way he is.

I'm going to work shortly and I know the entire office will be talking about the episode!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

kifi wrote: »
    What an awful show.
    Beats Fair City and all that crap that RTE produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Omg I’m just watching the last episode now, it’s really good. I love the fella that plays Billy Murphy, he’s hilarious.

I wish now I went to the screening in The English Market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Really enjoyable series, pure nonsense but done well with laugh out loud and emotional scenes.

Last episode was great, Billy McCarthy got a lot of laughs out of it. Loved how they mentioned the Cork-Waterford border, to me it was meant to be that they would be free from guards then, hence the need to get them before that, although maybe I'm over thinking it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I really liked the film. 2 episodes in and I'm not sure it's for me. Very weak writing.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Grayditch wrote: »
    I really liked the film. 2 episodes in and I'm not sure it's for me. Very weak writing.

EPisodes 3 and 4 are the best of the whole season. Hang in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

david75 wrote: »
    EPisodes 3 and 4 are the best of the whole season. Hang in there.

They're all great but I'd say 1 and 6 were my favourites,I had to watch num 1 twice because I laughed so much during it and last nights was brilliant ,still laughing at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,915 ✭✭✭gifted

Colser wrote: »
    They're all great but I'd say 1 and 6 were my favourites,I had to watch num 1 twice because I laughed so much during it and last nights was brilliant ,still laughing at it.

It's pure brilliance....just captured the Cork sense of humour.....I love it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

SeaFields wrote: »
    I was full sure he was going to stab himself accidently during the sing song. That was a brilliant episode. Had us in stitches from start to finish.

I really like the subtle reminders that this is based in a socioeconomically deprived area with all the problems that entails - Jocks alcoholic and violent father, Conors mam being the single mom struggling week to week, and last night the hint as to how Billy Murphy ended up the way he is.

I'm going to work shortly and I know the entire office will be talking about the episode!

Not really that subtle to be fair :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Mushy wrote: »
    Really enjoyable series, pure nonsense but done well with laugh out loud and emotional scenes.

Last episode was great, Billy McCarthy got a lot of laughs out of it. Loved how they mentioned the Cork-Waterford border, to me it was meant to be that they would be free from guards then, hence the need to get them before that, although maybe I'm over thinking it.

I took it that there are no roads in Waterford, did the newsreader not say they’ll run out of road?

I thought it was more nobody would want to leave cork county so Billy would turn the bus around then leave Cork.

The last episode is brilliant, I’m watching it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

fin12 wrote: »
    The last episode is brilliant, I’m watching it again.
    Best comedy on rte ever. Well done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,013 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Fantastic final episode, and incredible series. Truly some world class writing, and not just for Irish comedy, but world class full stop.

Full and frank well done to all involved!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

SeaFields wrote: »

I was thinking the same or the bus would break sudden and Billy with the knife would go flying

That prick Healy :p Tony thinking he is Jack (Keanu Reeves) from Speed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭JKerova1

fin12 wrote: »

The guy that plays Billy looks a lot like Roy Keane...in his younger days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JKerova1 wrote: »
    The guy that plays Billy looks a lot like Roy Keane...in his younger days.

He could play Keano in a biopic

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Loved this show. I laughed and cried. Looking forward to the next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭LushiousLips

Loved the whole series. Haven't laughed as much in a long time. Maybe it's because I'm from Cork too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭acequion

Totally loved it. I'm from next door in Kerry and our accent and humour would be similar. It's utterly ridiculous but that's what makes it so funny. And staging the ridiculous to make it hilarious is no easy feat. So big credit to writers, directors,actors for making it so funny,but at the same time really sweet.

And roll on series two! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,459 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Van.Bosch wrote: »

Last episode was great, Billy McCarthy got a lot of laughs out of it. Loved how they mentioned the Cork-Waterford border, to me it was meant to be that they would be free from guards then, hence the need to get them before that, although maybe I'm
    over thinking it.

I took it that there are no roads in Waterford, did the newsreader not say they’ll run out of road?

I thought that meant the guards would run out of road, basing it on Cork being a republic with no extradition as such from Waterford.

It could be anything, I just took it as joking about the Peoples Republic of Cork, but as I said, could easily be over thinking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Just caught the last episode and thought it was fantastic, so many funny laugh out loud moments and the after all sing along was class.

Would love a full series of Billy getting himself into absolutely ridiculous situations through sheer stupidity

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,117 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Last episode was class. Proper comedy with lol moments.
    Really enjoyable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭ooter

Highlight of the series was when jock said "I think you've lovely tits Mairead." :)

Advertisement