Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lower back ache 2 weeks post delivery

Options
  • 19-01-2018 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

My beautiful little girl was born 2 weeks ago. I've had incredibly bad lower back ache the last few days. I had a natural birth with epidural. Has anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Holding your baby for feeding can hurt your back.
    Weak abdominal muscles after pregnancy can also.
    Tell your doc at baby's 2 week check up

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,913 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

My back is always destroyed for weeks afterwards, no epidurals.Especially when I am breastfeeding.
    But tell your GP anyway.Just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Hey, I understand your pain! :D firstly, congratulations on your new arrival! I have had 6 babies and I really recommend that If you were given the sheet from physio with post natal exercises, do them! They are so underestimated but so very essential. Your back has been pulled out of position for the last 6 months, your ligaments and muscles ae softer so easily damaged.
    The cat stretch and the bridge are really good for stretching and before you get out of bed, there's lower back and pelvic exercises that are on that standard sheet. You tube can give you good post natal exercises if you haven't the time or inclination to go to a physio! ( lol, we have great intentions but a free hour is better spent sleeping!)
    Don't lift things by bending over, bend your knees and don't change your baby on anything lower than your kitchen table. If it is lower, get onto your knees!
    I suffer back pain from a car accident and it'll only be for a couple of months until you are stronger.
    Treat your body for a few weeks like you're still pregnant, use the pillows and cushions to support your back.
    You can save yourself years of aching by strengthening your lower back and core as soon as you can.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭AttentionBebe

I would also visit the GP to rule out a UTI. Sometimes lower back pain is the only symptom

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭whatlliwear

Hi everyone, thanks so much for the advice. The pain is still very bad 4 weeks on. I have booked an appointment with my go.

• Advertisement
Advertisement