Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking to switch Electric and gas

Options
  • 19-01-2018 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭

Hi there,
    currently I am getting my electric and gas from prepay power and both are payg, if I switched to Electric Ireland for both gas and electric I would like to keep them as payg as I like this type of payment, if I switch obviously I wont be paying by direct debit as they'll be payg meters but what offer would be available to me? would I be entilted to the €175 bonus? and any other bonus like the 8% saving on gas?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: Una

Hi 40now,

Thanks for your interest in Electric Ireland.

You can indeed avail of the €175 switching bonus for signing up to Electric Ireland Smarter PAYG.

Just complete this form and you will be telephoned by a PAYG Sales advisor as soon as possible (the call may come from an undisclosed number).

There are currently no offerings for PAYG gas, but if you wish to switch your PAYG gas supply to Electric Ireland, you do not need to exchange the meter - just telephone Electric Ireland Customer Service on 1850 372 372 (open until 8pm Monday to Saturday).

The 8% saving just applies to bills, for direct debit and Online Billing.

If you have any further questions that we can assist with here in Social Media, do let us know - we will return on Monday.

Best regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭40now

Thank you Una for the information, much appreciated.

Hi 40now,

Many thanks for your post.

You are very welcome - we're happy to advise.

Kind regards,
    Una

Just a little update on this......24 hours after contacting prepay power they still haven't sent out the deactivation code, also had a pre pay power rep call out to my house and try and tell me <snip> how Electric Ireland lied to me about prices and how being with Electric Ireland is much dearer than PPP
    shut him up quickly and told him to go away, just been on to PPP again looking for the code and got through to <snip>, it'll be sent out to me phone.
    I'd like to know Electric ireland if I or you can do anything else, Thanks.

Hi 40now,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

Unfortunately Electric Ireland is unable to do anything without the deactivation code from the other provider, which you will hopefully receive by text soon.

When a switch commences, a message is sent to the provider that the customer is leaving, which is the information that that provider needs to generate the deactivation code. This message is usually sent within 24 hours but there might sometimes be a delay. The deactivation code can usually be issued a minimum of 24 hours after the customer's switch commences.

If there is any other information which we can provide, please let us know.

Regards,
    Una

• Advertisement

Deactivation code received and entered into the PPP meter so as far as I know I'm now switched over to EI.
    Just another note on how <snip> Prepay Power are, the delay was due to PPP sending out a REACTIVATION code 3 times to me, I noticed this in their texts and after many phone calls to them they finally sent me the DEACTIVATION code, sneaky feckers because if I had just entered the 60 digit code without properly checking it I would have been tied back in to a 12 month contract with them.
    To anybody reading this, do yourself a favour and get rid of PPP as quickly as possible, they are a total joke.

Advertisement