Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Period late but negative test

Options
  • 19-01-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi all

Ttc at the moment. Used ovulation kit and dtd at what we think were the right times to optimize pregnancy based on the kit - I know these are not foolproof though.
    My period was due today its normally always on time give or take a day at most. I got some spotting last night which I thought was my period coming on( its like pink/brown mucus sorry tmi). Woke v early this morning with mild period pains but were gone when I went back asleep and woke up. Normally I would have moderate to severe amount of pain for first day or two of period so this is unusual. More similar discharge through out today but no blood flow. I am also feeling nauseous and extremely tired today. Just feel really off. I could be coming down with something considering all the doses going around at the moment but its all a bit strange. I did a pregnancy test this evening and its negative but probably should have waited till first urine of the day - no patience🙂 Part of me thinking my body is playing tricks on me but this is unusual. Have been tracking my cycles for a good while now n never experienced this. Wondering whether to test in a few days or should I just count this as a light period.
    Anyone any thoughts? I know no one has the magic answer here but just wanted to share to see if anyone had any similar experience! 🙂

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Take another test with your first urine of the morning tomorrow, and go from there. Even if you were pregnant, it would be unusual to have distinct symptoms so early though, so it may well not be due to pregnancy hormones.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Jezzabelle

Take another test with your first urine of the morning tomorrow, and go from there. Even if you were pregnant, it would be unusual to have distinct symptoms so early though, so it may well not be due to pregnancy hormones.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'll try another test maybe tomorrow or the next day. Defo having extreme tiredness and bouts of nausea but of course may not be down to pregnancy. The situation with my period is out of the ordinary too but sure we will wait and see. This is the first month we started trying properly and could be my body playing tricks on me to co-inside with that :-). Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭catrionanic

Jezzabelle wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply. Yeah I'll try another test maybe tomorrow or the next day. Defo having extreme tiredness and bouts of nausea but of course may not be down to pregnancy. The situation with my period is out of the ordinary too but sure we will wait and see. This is the first month we started trying properly and could be my body playing tricks on me to co-inside with that :-). Thanks again.

Yep. I mean, you could always still have ovulated a few days late and are indeed pregnant but it’s too early to show on a test. Give it a few days and see.

Advertisement