Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If my mature student application to CAO fails, can I still get in via Leaving Cert?

Options
  • 19-01-2018 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm applying to the CAO at the moment looking to start in September, but looking at the mature student form, my chances of getting accepted as one look pretty slim - I don't have any work experience or references or other qualifications in the areas I'm looking to study (game design/computer science), and I only recently turned 23 so I only barely count as a "mature" student anyway.

When I was registering my CAO account, I did tick the box asking if I wanted the Leaving Cert to be considered in my application. So if the mature student part of my application is declined, will my Leaving Cert still be considered, and can I still get into university based on points (like a school-leaver)? My Leaving Cert is fairly recent (2011) if that's a concern.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Mature student entry usually require an interview, so as long as you can convince the interview panel that you are interested and committed, I don't think you will have a problem.

Advertisement